Hikaru Utada's lyrics go "viral" for being.. interesting

Rev8

1 minute ago, AMIT said:

delete this and Utada should delete this album from everywhere, we DON'T talk about IT :biblionny:

wait I was only referring to TITO but not them trying to drag Exodus especially Let Me Give You My Genes :biblio: tasteless *******

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• Newt

• fauxtography

• oilheiress

Utada is a masterful musician, y’all just pick and choose Thier poor English lyrics? their entire catalogue is filled with amazing lyricism. Especially On deep river and Ultra Blue. Don’t ever come for the Greatest. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

5 minutes ago, AMIT said:

delete this and Utada should delete this album from everywhere, we DON'T talk about IT :biblionny:

true utadaliens know her english music is playful and superior and behind the the creative lyrics is some of her best music :clap3: 

1 minute ago, Seiko Oomori said:

true utadaliens know her english music is playful and superior and behind the the creative lyrics is some of her best music :clap3: 

I stan Exodus (and some of her other English stuff like the masterpiece Find Love), but the other one is just not it, I'm afraid. :rainy:

They are an icon and Exodus is one of the best albums of all time so if they try to come for her....DEATH

Just now, AMIT said:

I stan Exodus (and some of her other English stuff like the masterpiece Find Love), but the other one is just not it, I'm afraid. :rainy:

TITO is truly an acquired taste tho, the way i hated it just bc of the cover and wouldn't listen to it before i finally got into it recently :dies:  exodus is a league above for sure

Sounds like a Katy Perry lyric that was translated to another language, then translated back to English.

6 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Utada is a masterful musician, y’all just pick and choose her poor English lyrics? her entire catalogue is filled with amazing lyricism. Especially On deep river and Ultra Blue. Don’t ever come for the Queen. 

:deadbanana2:

I love her so ******* much :skull: 

y'all shut your traps about TITO - which has utada's best english* song ever

I love her so much :jonnycat: I remember when I asked my husband like 6 months ago what does "You're easy breezy and I'm Japanese" mean and he was like ???? :psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

:bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

y'all shut your traps about TITO - which has utada's best english* song ever

This one can stay, I guess.

But Find Love/Exodus '04 sweeties :biblionny:

thought this was going to be about the bop kettobase

12 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

THIS! :giraffe:

10 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

:deadbanana2:

What? I was on my phone and didn’t have time to edit

This is the alt music y'all hype up? :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, ~Start The Music said:

This is the alt music y'all hype up? :bibliahh:

it's her timbaland produced def jam us crossover attempts from 15+ years ago :skull: her artistry has obviously changed immensely...

I’m howling but makes me want to listen to her discography. Although from the clip, it sounds very Ciara/late 00s Mariah...

Are we really acting like Bjork lyrics aren't just as quirky/awkward? :hoetenks:

I'm glad more people are discovering the insanity that is Let Me Give You My Love. I'd throw all my money at a 20th anniversary re-recording of that album.

Edited by Dunsparce

3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

It's hilarious to watch her fans paint her as some sort of Japanese Bjork with an AC-leaning new album just because it's less generic than her others.

Namie will always be the Queen of JPop with a better discography. Her prime run and constant experimentation, phew.

This tho :clap3: the way Genius 2000 makes me ascend to the heavens

I attribute it to Utada being bilingual lol. I'm bilingual and I have a hard time expressing myself partially because I trip over words and meanings. Shakira is another one that has lyrics that sound weird 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.