• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• fauxtography

• oilheiress

• Seiko Oomori

It's hilarious to watch her fans paint her as some sort of Japanese Bjork with an AC-leaning new album just because it's less generic than her others.

Namie will always be the Queen of JPop with a better discography. Her prime run and constant experimentation, phew.

5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

It's hilarious to watch her fans paint her as some sort of Japanese Bjork with an AC-leaning new album just because it's less generic than her others.

Namie will always be the Queen of JPop with a better discography. Her prime run and constant experimentation, phew.

Don't drag non-binary excellence

OT: that was a classic

Just now, bestfiction said:

Don't drag non-binary excellence

OT: that was a classic

I only dragged non-binary mediocrity, I fear.

insta.thumb.gif.ff14c6b1c561d5ac929cf49d

A lot of these lyrics date the songs to 2005

Omg I thought it would only be the Easy Breezy lyric but :bibliahh:

Their English discography is honestly so weird, but in this loveable, quirky way. Like they definitely tried to fit in the American sound and be cool and trendy and all but was just so clueless about it

Utada's English music are so messy oh my Lord :ahh:

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

Iconic.

Lmao I thought it would just be Easy Breezy or Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence but the latter wasn’t even included :skull: 

Honeys if you're gay
Burn it up, like a gay parade
Honeys if you're straight
Pump it up, take it all away

Not gonna lie this goes HARD :katie2:

the songs sound so dated :rip: the lyrics are super cringe, i thought she was like a japanese björk .. was about to listen to fantom :lmao:

Hunnies if you're gay
Burn it up, like a gay parade

:katie2:

We love a queer icon!

I love her English music. No one else could ever release it. The lyrics are so unintentionally funny, and with her personality, there's no doubt in my mind it was 100% serious.

For everyone mentioning Bjork, Utada's first English album takes a lot of notes from Bjork in production only. Her Japanese albums DEEP RIVER and ULTRA BLUE can get ethereal sounding if that's what you're looking for.

LEGEND :clap3:I remember shamelessly bopping to her english music a few years ago. The "young boy next door passed away" and then "can we mix gene pools" lyric soon afterwards made feel SO weird though :deadbanana4:

listen to Bad Mode to cleanse your ears 

QXDwUd9.gif

:hoetenks:

Edited by hallucinate

1 hour ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

one of the best songs EVER :jonny2:

What's wrong lol

Tongue-in-cheek lyrics are much better than generic go-to pop lyrics written solely to fill in melody gaps :cm:

Mythology

She’s genius and her English albums are full of wonderful lyrics

Among them, Hotel Lobby is my favorite. I love it when an upbeat song has sad and meaningful lyrics

Half of these are excellent with context; notice how they skip around the songs :toofunny2: The born again Christian verse is one of my favorite lyrics. The dramatics from the bitter girls asldksjaldkj

Her English music lyrics as a whole are so incredibly fun and playful. I admire her drive to do things her own way and think outside the box, unlike many lessor pop artists. Not every song will resonate with everyone, but that was never the point 

delete this and Utada should delete this album from everywhere, we DON'T talk about IT :biblionny:

1 hour ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Not her telling the gays to burn :bibliahh:Madonna Killers Who Are Partying teas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.