Is Britney Spears the GREATEST Pop girl of her GENERATION ? ?

BGXKB

Yes  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Yes

This poll is closed to new votes

#1 in diamond albums

#1 in +10million selling albums

#1 most worldwide hits

#1 most worldwide classics

#1 worldwide cultural icon

a legendary look, voice, style, and sound that has given thousands careers yet none saw as meteoric a rise since. 

why ??

Edited by BGXKB

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BGXKB

• Mystic Boy

• Jay07

• dirrtydiana

Top Posters In This Topic

yes she's the biggest pop girl of 2000-2010

debut album - oidia - britney - itz - blackout - circus 

solid iconic decade, even her breakdown, though tarnished her respect, it just elevated her to another stratosphere 

Poll added.

:celestial5:

No because Xtina had her solo smash Moves Like Jagger helping her win the BNA grammy and being #1 on the YEC every year since 1999.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

That depends. Who are the other girls from her generation?

9 minutes ago, Аshanti said:

That depends. Who are the other girls from her generation?

if you have to ask that means there aren’t any. :spring:

Interesting how all of  the "no" votes come from Christina's base :dies:

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

7 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

if you have to ask that means there aren’t any. :spring:

No, that means I have no idea how would you define a "generation".
Anyway, no. Beyonce is right here.

britney-twirling.gif

Edited by Аshanti

9 minutes ago, Аshanti said:

No, that means I have no idea how would you define a "generation".
Anyway, no. Beyonce is right here.

britney-twirling.gif

NO ONE is denying BEYONCÉ but okay it’s DEFINITELY between Bey and Brit. Like, let’s not get this confused as a drag on all the other girls. This is about recognizing BRITNEY’s rightful place in popdom. 

dance.gif
dance.gif

Edited by BGXKB

It really depends on how you define great and how you define a generation.

I can see how Britney would certainly fit this description though. She represents late 1990s-early-2000s pop more than any other act, did pop so well and to an excellent degree that blended not only extreme charisma and liveability, but also phenomenal performing talent, a distinctive, recognizable voice that works with pop productions so well, AND the iconic-factor that makes a TRUE pop icon.

Of course.  She is definitely the standout from that generation.  

If we define a generation as 10-15 years, a significant enough amount of time that culture can actually change, develop, and evolve, then I'd say the answer is probably Beyoncé, who not only checks the boxes for "greatest" insofar as talents compared to her peers, but has developed her craft of pop-making and turned it into an art-form in itself, elevating it and helping to usher in a new generation.

In the start of her career, even with all her hits, awards and accomplishments, she didn't have the BIG moments Britney did, but the way Beyoncé constantly outdoes herself has made her into a highly respected legend of pop in a time when she was still active and had only released her 5th album is pretty amazing. Now, she has some HUGE moments under her belt. The surprise drop/visual album was probably one of the most notable things that happened in 2010s pop, and itself was a reaction to the closing of one generation of pop music as another started to open up.

As a pop icon, her ability to synthesize ideas and disseminate them among the masses is one of her strongest points aside from the works themselves, and she's shown herself adapt at understanding the moment in pop and using that knowledge to do something even greater with it. There's really no other popstar like her when you add up all the things that make her "Beyoncé".

But if we are going with a 5 year period, 1999-2004, then it's Britney.

Edited by swissman

she has...greatest scandals, and that s about it. female version od n syinc and bsboys. I would say beyonce is more important girl from that generation.

Let me quote Blackout Single "Gimme More"cause its the legendary Miss Britneyy Spears

Spoiler

Yes she’s the Big Bang of all post 99pop girls and pop music today. And she has legendary performances and unforgettable music videos. Thousands of years from now she’ll be discussed as her impact expands in and outside of music and fashion and pop culture.

I heard she doesn’t have a yec so no

Back in the 2000’s, absolutely. I didn’t like her as much back then as I do now but I never could deny how perfect she was.