Trixie Motel | S1 out now on discovery+

Hephaestus

14 hours ago, WeFoundWill said:

The final was a 10/10 omggg

I know right? :gaycattel:

That ending with the opening party, Trixie and David thanking everyone (and each other :'() and the Stay The Night performance were amazing!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• P.O.P

• Generation Braindead

• Desire

The show was fun and all, I would give it around 8-9 out of 10. Some of the designs are kinda cute, like the Malibu and the pink flamingo one. The honeymoon one was hideous, geez.

The only thing I'm having a hard time is understand who's the public of the motel itself. I know it's obviously for Trixie's fans, a la Dollywood, but that novelty will run quickly. It looks like it was made for teenage girls, which is Trixie's brand let's be honest, but that can only take it so far knowing where this thing is build. :rip: I personally don't know a single gay person in real life who would want to go there, but good luck to her with the business.

4 hours ago, KaledKalil said:

The show was fun and all, I would give it around 8-9 out of 10. Some of the designs are kinda cute, like the Malibu and the pink flamingo one. The honeymoon one was hideous, geez.

The only thing I'm having a hard time is understand who's the public of the motel itself. I know it's obviously for Trixie's fans, a la Dollywood, but that novelty will run quickly. It looks like it was made for teenage girls, which is Trixie's brand let's be honest, but that can only take it so far knowing where this thing is build. :rip: I personally don't know a single gay person in real life who would want to go there, but good luck to her with the business.

These sorts of kitschy motels do have a client base I think, especially in SoCal. The Madonna Inn is a larger comparison off the top of my head. The goal is to attract a mix of influencers who want to have a very instagrammable vacation and older people who enjoy the nostalgia.

I think its staying power will depend on if her largely female fanbase in SoCal likes it enough to return yearly and whether older gays in the area frequent it. Plus I imagine they'll need to do events occasionally, like maybe a weekend of Trixie doing some DJ sets by the pool

As someone who goes to Palm Springs occasionally, while I do think it looks cool, I do struggle to see myself ever going here. Mainly at the moment because I know I can get a night at a nicer resort with a bigger pool for significantly cheaper.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.