Software Engineers - easiest remote company to work for?

firecrotch

So i'm a lazy b*tch and am graduating this month with a comp sci adjacent degree. I can program okay but I really want to find a remote company that doesnt give you a lot of work. I dont care about pay as long as its not criminally low. Any thots?

Any remote engineering job in tech will satisfy you beyond belief, doesn't matter if it's a big or small/new company.  Not only is pay great, but they provide a lot of work/schedule flexibility and the work load itself is very manageable.  

Google, Microsoft, and Apple are probably your best bet but just because of the remote work but not just because these. companies are far more stable internally.

Amazon and Facebook would be good too but these companies are notoriously disorganized and if you’re going to be working remote you might not last long.

For smaller companies, it really depends, but they likely will be less flexible with remote.

Don’t bother with Netflix, that company is on its way out.

Edited by Domination

48 minutes ago, Domination said:

Google, Microsoft, and Apple are probably your best bet but just because of the remote work but not just because these. companies are far more stable internally.

Amazon and Facebook would be good too but these companies are notoriously disorganized and if you’re going to be working remote you might not last long.

For smaller companies, it really depends, but they likely will be less flexible with remote.

Don’t bother with Netflix, that company is on its way out.

Apple requires physical presence in an office 2-3 days per week, so not fully remote.  Apple is also known for being a relatively toxic place to work due to competitiveness within teams and across the company, so while you might have good work/life balance on paper, most employees decide to work over-time because they feel the need to do more to remain competitive.  Pay is great but technically most employees put in so much over-time work that isn't paid for that I'd argue it's actually worse than the other companies unless you're in some sort of high-level leadership or management role.

Google, Microsoft, and FB are MUCH more flexible and have committed to continue hiring roles as fully remote, hybrid, or in person depending on what the candidate prefers and the role they interview for. 

Regarding FB, the company itself is super organized, it just has the outward appearance of chaos because of the drastic changes in marketing and so on.  The company itself is actually well managed and their transition to remote work went as well as any other tech company, but I'd argue it offers the best work/life balance out of almost all of the tech companies, maybe on par with Google, and the salaries are very good.

Amazon is a **** show, people only join for the high salary and leave once they've saved enough money or get burnt out.  The company is managed like a consulting service, and anyone who has ever worked in consulting can tell you it's essentially a horror movie come to life.   

Salesforce is probably the best place for engineers to work at tho.  Very predictable and stable company, very positive reputation, extremely high salaries, excellent work-life balance, fully remote and hybrid work roles available, company makes a **** ton of money and will do so forever, etc.  Also a great place to put on a resume, as pretty much all tech companies heavily recruit former Salesforce employees.

Just go freelance tbh 

1 hour ago, Archetype said:

Apple requires physical presence in an office 2-3 days per week, so not fully remote.  Apple is also known for being a relatively toxic place to work due to competitiveness within teams and across the company, so while you might have good work/life balance on paper, most employees decide to work over-time because they feel the need to do more to remain competitive.  Pay is great but technically most employees put in so much over-time work that isn't paid for that I'd argue it's actually worse than the other companies unless you're in some sort of high-level leadership or management role.

Google, Microsoft, and FB are MUCH more flexible and have committed to continue hiring roles as fully remote, hybrid, or in person depending on what the candidate prefers and the role they interview for. 

Regarding FB, the company itself is super organized, it just has the outward appearance of chaos because of the drastic changes in marketing and so on.  The company itself is actually well managed and their transition to remote work went as well as any other tech company, but I'd argue it offers the best work/life balance out of almost all of the tech companies, maybe on par with Google, and the salaries are very good.

Amazon is a **** show, people only join for the high salary and leave once they've saved enough money or get burnt out.  The company is managed like a consulting service, and anyone who has ever worked in consulting can tell you it's essentially a horror movie come to life.   

Salesforce is probably the best place for engineers to work at tho.  Very predictable and stable company, very positive reputation, extremely high salaries, excellent work-life balance, fully remote and hybrid work roles available, company makes a **** ton of money and will do so forever, etc.  Also a great place to put on a resume, as pretty much all tech companies heavily recruit former Salesforce employees.

Are you working at Salesforce, dear?

5 hours ago, Domination said:

Are you working at Salesforce, dear?

Lol naur, but my partner has gotten people high-6 and 7 figure jobs there and those people are legit just chilling.  I have NEVER heard of anything like that for a salary-based job, it's insane.  I personally would never work for Salesforce but like DAMN do they have it good  :jonnycat:

I work at one of the other places I listed tho.

Edited by Archetype

bookmarking this thread....

enrolling in a coding bootcamp course, so ******* done with being an RN.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.