MET Gala 2022 Discussion Thread

Chemist

When is the Met Gala 2022? 

The 2022 Met Gala will take place tonight, Monday 2 May in New York City. It celebrates the second volume in a two-part Costume Institute exhibition. The first, In America: A Lexicon of Fashion, opened on September 18, and was preceded by the 2021 Met Gala on September 13. Follow along with all of the action on the red carpet tonight with live updates from inside the Met Gala.

What is the Met Gala 2022 theme?

The theme for part two is In America: An Anthology of Fashion, and the exhibition will see Andrew Bolton, head curator of the Museum of Modern Art’s Costume Institute, focus on inclusivity in fashion. “Who gets to be American?” was a question posed at Prabal Gurung’s spring/summer 2020 show, and it will be addressed at the Met Gala 2022, as well.

As for the exhibition, presented across 13 of the American period rooms in the museum, it “provides a historical context for Lexicon, in a way,” Bolton told Vogue. “The stories really reflect the evolution of American style, but they also explore the work of individual tailors, dress-makers, and designers,” he says. “What’s exciting for me is that some of the names will be very familiar to students of fashion, like Charles James, Halston, and Oscar de la Renta, but a lot of the other names really have been forgotten, overlooked or relegated into the footnotes of fashion history. So one of the main intentions of the exhibition is to spotlight the talents and contributions of these individuals, and many of them are women.”

HOSTS:

Met Gala 2022 Hosts: Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds, Regina King and  Lin-Manuel Miranda Will Co-Chair the Event | Vogue

Confirmed attendees:

• Billie Eilish
  • Camila Cabello
  • Chloe
  • Karlie Kloss
  • Manu Rios (Elite)
  • Johnny (NCT)
  • Ciara

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chemist

• Protocol

• Breathe On Moi

• James_Dean

When Taylord STUNS as a surprise attendee (she's basically in a throuple with Blake/Ryan) and steals the show

JlnTrye.gif

Any chance Rihanna attends? She's traveled lately so due date is probably still at least a month away 

deuxmois says that Cardi will go.

I hope it's true cause she'd easily steal the night :jonny2:

I hate when we dont know who to expect.......

20 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

When Taylord STUNS as a surprise attendee (she's basically in a throuple with Blake/Ryan) and steals the show

JlnTrye.gif

:WAP:

12 minutes ago, RihRihGirrrl said:

Any chance Rihanna attends? She's traveled lately so due date is probably still at least a month away 

no :dancehall3:

34 minutes ago, RihRihGirrrl said:

She has stayed in LA for like 2 weeks now so I doubt it

No Rihanna, No MET Gala.

Imagine if Rihanna went and her water broke on the red carpet. Instantly iconic

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

MadonnasBoyfriend

Madonna in something awesome non embarrassing plz ?

only one of my faves is attending, which is great still but I had hoped to see the three there

Eiza Gonzalez said on her Instagram stories that she’s attending, I’m pretty sure.

hope the queen of rap attends 

w1aduMj.thumb.gif.b7c18113d5d174cc5a3a93

Wonder which man will “break the mold” by adding some color to their tux

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Wonder which man will “break the mold” by adding some color to their tux

Hopefully Manu serves 

Apparently Kim is wearing the Marilyn Monroe "Happy Birthday" original dress but with a cape or something behind it because she couldn't get it tailored. 

36 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

I thought Katy was confirmed too?

34 minutes ago, Dystopian said:

all the kardashians are confirmed i think

It's all rumors until they confirm it themselves. The Khardasians were only confirmed to be invited

23 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Madonna in something awesome non embarrassing plz ?

she's always worn something awesome.

hope the rumors are true. :duca:

Legend Kylie currently in the US, she better be there end that fraud on the red carpet. :duca:

42 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

I thought Katy was confirmed too?

Katy was photographed at the airport in New York so I think she is coming
Kacey Musgraves, Anitta, Lily Allen, Gunna, Camila Cabello were also photographed in NYC.

10 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Katy was photographed at the airport in New York so I think she is coming
Kacey Musgraves, Anitta, Lily Allen, Gunna, Camila Cabello were also photographed in NYC.

Hope she goes! Can't wait for her serve

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.