Is Kelly Clarkson known as a musician or TV personality?

PieceByPiece_KC

Is Kelly Clarkson known as a musician or TV personality?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is Kelly Clarkson better known as a musician or TV personality?

• Musician
    • TV personality
    • Equally both

Kelly Clarkson came into the public eye as America's Sweetheart & the epitome of "The Girl Next Door" by winning the first season of 'American Idol' in 2002. It took a bit of time, but by 2004, Kelly was considered a bonafide musician who was no longer defined as "that girl who won 'American Idol'". Through 2017, Kelly released a number of albums, received award after award, and cemented herself as a juggernaut in the music industry. In 2018, Kelly joined 'The Voice' and is rumored to have earned $100M+ from her 8 season stint as a coach. 'The Voice' transformed Kelly's career and allowed her the opportunity to launch the wildly successful 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' in 2019. Although she sings like an angel on each and every episode, 90% of the songs are covers. So... is Kelly Clarkson remembered more as a musician or a TV personality who happens to be a great singer?

Right now both but if she doesn't release a new non-Christmas album soon then she'll become know as mainly a tv personality.

Her songs still come on the radio often enough to remind everyone she's a musician.

She’s America’s sweetheart and the voice of a generation.

she’s kind, real, down to earth and super talented. 

she deserves all the success and needs to be protected at all costs

At some point, she’s going to be known more as a TV Host than a singer, especially to younger generations since it’s been 10 years since Stronger.

I know she had that one other song that spent 1 week in the Top 10 but it’s the solid radio hits that help keep an artists name out there especially to younger audiences.

Both. Who doesn’t Know Kelly Clarkson? At least her hits. I may be getting older but Since U Been Gone, Becuase of You, Stronger, And Breakaway are literal Classics. 

Both rn but we need a new album 

I wonder if she's ever doing a whole tour again

She is starting to make a shift

I do think she is known at least for both for now..but in the future, prolly the later (since she really is finding success there..she has the personality after all!)

I think she's still known more as a musician. I see more tweets about her talk show that showcase her vocal talent more than I see tweets about her personality on said show. So for right now I think still she's seen as musician primarily. I don't think that will change anytime soon either, especially considering how often she masterfully covers people's songs on her show. 

Edited by RihFenty20

In my country nobody knows her as a TV persona. Meanwhile Because of You and Mr Know-It-All (:deadbanana:) were monster smashes here so

Her TV show is local, so worlwide she is more known as a musician :cm:

Both.  Her singing on the talk show helps her still be recognized as a singer. She performs a lot at different events too. Piece By Piece in 2016 and especially Underneath The Tree during Christmas help the younger crowd recognize her as a musician as well.

I can’t wait for her to have tributes and more awards for both when she’s older. :-) 

1 hour ago, Jooj said:

Meanwhile Because of You and Mr Know-It-All (:deadbanana:) were monster smashes here so

Mr. Know It All is under-appreciated honestly. I still listen to it quite frequently.

Musician and one of the best singers of her generation. She will ALWAYS be remembered as the first and most successful American Idol winner, the one who prove these talent competition showed "worked."

Now, I do want her to release a new album sooner than later. "The Meaning of Life" is going to turn 5 in no time and I know she has a lot to say after her divorce and everything. I can't wait for her new album!

IDK any of her music but I do know she has a tv show

vtDYVZP.thumb.gif.a4d9d284eb1055b2cf7c67

Her voice is one of a kind, and she's still known mostly as a musician. The TV thing is still new, eventually she could be known for both,

Internationally it's always going to be as a singer, but if the KC show continues for like 5+ more years I could see her becoming more known as a tv host in the US :skull:

Her audition for Idol, where she bantered with the judges and switched places with Randy at one point, was so effortless it almost seemed scripted (it wasn't, the show barely even had a budget at the time, Paula was doing her own make-up). It was apparent literally from day #1 that she was not only talented but also very charismatic, so her becoming a talk show host is no surprise.

She’s known as a soccer mom these days 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.