Lady Gaga debuts NFTs

Icarus

1 hour ago, fauxtography said:

Maybe Jay-Z and Bey will buy them since they have a large public NFT portfolio/investment!

I didn't even know this (but I'm not as much of a Bey stan as you) so I Googled it and Bey does not have an NFT portfolio. Her husband does though so by all means drag him!

15 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Doesn't blockchain uses a ton of energy? It seems like it's bad for the environment in the long run

there are already environmentally-friendly solutions that are being implemented 

1 hour ago, Companion said:

Why ATRL is so against of NFTs? Can someone explain the reason?

i really wanna know too, people acting here like she killed their mother :deadbanana2:

Edited by Mystic Boy

1 hour ago, Companion said:

Why ATRL is so against of NFTs? Can someone explain the reason?

I think it is great concept you dont have to buy the actual nft they just give you with the ticket. So it may be valuable in the long term. 

boomer energy is strong for certain members :soda:

3 hours ago, bidet said:

there are already environmentally-friendly solutions that are being implemented 

Which means they are still in process and they are not implemented yet? 

"But until Ethereum upgrades to a more sustainable system, its network will consume more energy each year than a medium-sized country". -from Fool.com, March 2022

"Minting process will be energy-intensive, at least for now." -from Investopedia, March 2022

That means at this VERY moment, NFTs are not environmental friendly at all. Plus, it's not like they can reverse the environmental impact it already caused when they eventually switched to "greener" alternatives.

And y'all wonder why many people are so against NFTs when the reasoning is so clear...

Xtina, the blueprint once again :clap3:

3 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

i really wanna know too, people acting here like she killed their mother :deadbanana2:

they're bad for the enviroment and have no real world use 

46 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

I think they're unimportant but I highly doubt the majority of people that get up in arms over NFT's energy usage, including a majority of the people on this site, do not care and do not regulate the energy consumption in their life.  It's something new and easy to make fun of bc of the types of people that care about it so thats why people latch onto the environmental issues.  Also the focus on energy usage for making digital currencies seems disingenuous when it's not being compared to how much energy it takes to produce other types of currency, I don't know the numbers but I would assume it's not that different. 

As someone who experience power cut off from time to time and an average of 10-15 typhoons each year, I do care about my energy consumption and my environment. As far as I know most bitcoin transactions use a lot of energy too since they also use the same technology of blockchain. My point is we do not need anymore means for rich people to be richer at the cost of ordinary people. We already have cryptocurrency and other countless forms of claiming ownership, why the need for NFT at the time when our earth is most vulnerable?

Anyone that purchases meat and animal products only cares about “the environment” superficially or is very ill informed. Sorry bout it. An NFT pales in comparison to the energy & destruction required to produce a slab of meat or a burger, so why don’t we redirect that energy to a sustainable habit you can actually change, today. :spring:

Edited by FOCK

Who cares if it was Gaga’s idea or Ticketmaster, they’re literally just giving it to you if you buy a ticket… the dramatics in here

gaga has nothing to do with this! even when her likeness is being used! OGHS WONT READ THIS!

1 hour ago, aesthetic bih said:

Which means they are still in process and they are not implemented yet? 

"But until Ethereum upgrades to a more sustainable system, its network will consume more energy each year than a medium-sized country". -from Fool.com, March 2022

"Minting process will be energy-intensive, at least for now." -from Investopedia, March 2022

That means at this VERY moment, NFTs are not environmental friendly at all. Plus, it's not like they can reverse the environmental impact it already caused when they eventually switched to "greener" alternatives.

And y'all wonder why many people are so against NFTs when the reasoning is so clear...

Solana (another most mainstream blockchain that can be used for NFT trading) uses less energy than ETH. like get with the times.

4 hours ago, truthteller said:

Solana (another most mainstream blockchain that can be used for NFT trading) uses less energy than ETH. like get with the times.

I live in a third world country. We don't have any use for NFTs...

4 hours ago, aesthetic bih said:

As someone who experience power cut off from time to time and an average of 10-15 typhoons each year, I do care about my energy consumption and my environment. As far as I know most bitcoin transactions use a lot of energy too since they also use the same technology of blockchain. My point is we do not need anymore means for rich people to be richer at the cost of ordinary people. We already have cryptocurrency and other countless forms of claiming ownership, why the need for NFT at the time when our earth is most vulnerable?

mte......the false outrage :skull:

51 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

mte......the false outrage :skull:

False outrage is me talking about my observations about the reality I live in? But we don't have the same circumstances in life, so I don't expect you to fully understand.  :intoit:

11 hours ago, MAKSIM said:

Ticketmaster has just announced a new addition to its platform: Virtual Commemorative Tickets. Exclusive NFTs will be sent to ticket owners of select events to commemorate the occasion in a new and modern way.

this has nothing to do with Gaga :rip: It’s a Ticketmaster program

Yep, its been happening with other shows. Lizzo, The Weekend, Stray Kids have had this issue and stans are really angry,

Also you cant opt out so :dancehall3:

12 hours ago, bidet said:

lmao NFTs are literally the future of business why the f are the gays complaining again 

Wtf is this comment

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.