• Hurem

I saw a trailer for this yesterday and I had no idea this was being made lol

The Hunger Games revival going on. We stan a modern classic :clap3:

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

54 metascore.

Well still a bit above divergent...

And 66 on Rotten Tomatoes

We’re sat regardless!

Oh man, I thought this was getting 80+ for some reason.

But I’ll be watching regardless. Already booked tix.

2 hours ago, Almodusa said:

:WAP:

Ou a tank top moment, show us those arms :jonny5:

-

Mess i thought the scores would be higher

We're thinking of seeing this in a few days, will I be okay if I haven't rewatched the OG movies since they came out and basically remember nothing?   

6 minutes ago, Komet said:

We're thinking of seeing this in a few days, will I be okay if I haven't rewatched the OG movies since they came out and basically remember nothing?   

According to people who have seen the film, you can go into it without having watched or read any of the books/movies and still know what's going on.

Also I'm seeing this Thursday and I'm super excited :duca: I'm giving the book one final reread before I see it; I should be finished today.

Edited by Aston Martin
  • Thanks 1

What a film! Fits so well into the rest of the series 

• Like 4

Not me only just finishing the book this morning when I bought it when it first came out :rip: Going to watch this tonight, cannot wait!!!

Rachel Zegler is terrible casting for Lucy Gray. In my imagination Lucy Gray looks like the girl from the Orphan movies, turns out she played Clove in THG so that wouldn't have made sense but still. Peter Dinklage and Hunter Schafer's casting are 100% perfect though

Also it's probably just me but when I imagined Dr Gaul I imagined her as the grandma from The Proud Family :ahh: Viola and THG is the crossover I didn't know I needed :jonny:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mordecai said:

Not me only just finishing the book this morning when I bought it when it first came out :rip: Going to watch this tonight, cannot wait!!!

You're better than me, I bought the book last week and only got 1/4 the way through. The urge to see the movie is outweighing finishing the book now

Mordecai

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BoyLikeYouSuxx said:

You're better than me, I bought the book last week and only got 1/4 the way through. The urge to see the movie is outweighing finishing the book now

Mordecai

Same! I'm halfway through, but I'm still gonna go to watch the movie tomorrow 

I loved it. Now I actually think it would've worked better as two movies (and if you've read the book and/or seen the movie, the place where they should be split is obvious) but it was so great. The games themselves were horrifying, seeing inside the Capitol was interesting, and the ending provided some clarity to me vs the book. 

I absolutely loved it but I can’t believe I’m saying that I agree it should’ve been 2 movies. 

I thought it was underwhelming tbh :rip: Even after watching it I don't think Coriolanus or Lucy Gray were cast very well and I think that just tainted my viewing experience, the supporting cast were fantastic though. My family liked it so it was probably just the fact that the book was still fresh in my memory. This'll probably be better on a rewatch, but for now it just makes me want to go back and watch the first movie which was so good :jonny:

Spoilers:

Spoiler

The first 20 or so minutes felt VERY rushed to me, it was very fast paced. After that it slowed down which was good

I would like to have seen more of Coriolanus' internal conflict, I don't think he was as complex of a character as he could have been. The same can be said for Sejanus, he felt very one dimensional and because of that I didn't sympathise with him as much as I thought I would have

A lot of the nuances in the film weren't explained very well imo, like how Sejanus randomly appears in the arena and how Felix Ravinstill's death triggered the snakes being released (iirc after the arena bombing Felix was just a passing comment). Marcus and Sejanus' relationship should have been given an extra scene or two to really flesh it out.

The ending of the Games was so anticlimactic :rip: I can't remember how they finished in the book but I imagine it was more dramatic than that

I liked the production value, the Capitol in particular and that shot of the square was beautiful

it was actually cute. i came in with low expectations and got what i thought.

it was decent. not bad. not great.

Rachel ruined it for me tho. 

I really enjoyed it but agree that it should have been two movies :skull: The book itself is split into parts so it would have been very easy to decide on where to split. overall enjoyable though and a very good addition to the series as a whole. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.