The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

Almodusa

On 11/24/2023 at 3:28 AM, Godly said:

Honestly thought this was the best of the franchise outside of Catching Fire, although I agree about the third act dragging a bit and I wasn't always 100% sold on Rachel Zegler

true, was entertaining

what's actually regretting is that this movie has the chance to be near Catching Fire

anyway, they should continue having a movie about Snow climbing up the political ladder or perhaps a spin-off for Finnick or Joana

• Like 1

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Aston Martin

• thatsmydemi

• Hurem

I'd rank it 2nd after catching fire. Had such an enjoyable time watching it. The cinema was packedd:clap3:Never thought I'd be interested in a prequel of Hunger Games. It only lacks an exposition on how Tigris became the way she is. Maybe shows signs of it, like in the novels she ate raw meat, etc. Small detail, but also wish they explored more on what happens with 

Clemensia after she got bit by the snake (In the novels, she got scales)

Next movie about Finnick's or Haymitch's games please

Edited by ahzark97

Amazing movie. I actually loved 3rd act but I wish it was more about Lucy Gray and Snow playing cat and mouse (I don't know how it was in the book)

To be honest I may be one of the few who didn't love the Hunger Games. lol I feel Catching Fire was great though, but this one seems like a nice film to watch. Can anyone say if it's any better than the first four films? 

1 minute ago, CosTaSsSs said:

To be honest I may be one of the few who didn't love the Hunger Games. lol I feel Catching Fire was great though, but this one seems like a nice film to watch. Can anyone say if it's any better than the first four films? 

My currrent ranking is: Catching FIre > The Hunger Games > TBOSAS > Mockingjay: Part 2 > Mockingjay: Part 1

i'm still deciding if i want to watch this. the connections to the original franchise are kind of putting me off, they seem unnecessary and are only there to bait fans into caring. i loved the books for how politics-focused they were and how individuals became important only through chance, their presence was incidental to the ideology that the Panem system ran on. i fear the prequel showing how actually this is all Snow's fault will kind of ruin it for me, but i guess i'll have to watch it before forming an opinion.

SMASHING the box office! As it should! Idg why some publications labeled this prequel as a flop (Forbes for example).

Just now, Hurem said:

Domestic BO: $98,370,000
International BO: $98,900,000

= $197,270,000

:clap3:

SMASH!!!!!!!!!!

Loved this :jonny5: I do think the pacing is a bit clunky in the third act but overall I was blown away. Tom and Rachel were fantastic

Also obsessed with The Ballad of Lucy Gray Baird

3 hours ago, John Slayne said:

i'm still deciding if i want to watch this. the connections to the original franchise are kind of putting me off, they seem unnecessary and are only there to bait fans into caring. i loved the books for how politics-focused they were and how individuals became important only through chance, their presence was incidental to the ideology that the Panem system ran on. i fear the prequel showing how actually this is all Snow's fault will kind of ruin it for me, but i guess i'll have to watch it before forming an opinion.

If you have any interest in watching this, I think you should. I personally feel (and I’ve seen this sentiment echoed on Twitter and Reddit by non-fans) that this is a rare example of a prequel that actually felt like it added to the story of Panem and isn’t just a cash grab to get back in the Hunger Games world

While in some ways it does make the events of Panem all Snow’s fault, it’s also very much so not a story of him just rising up to power and saying he wants “x” done “y” way. If anything, it still feels incidental that this is how the society of Panem functions, and Snow “accidentally” finds himself shaping the history of the world through happenstance 

Idk if I explained that well, but I’ll end by saying again that it’s not a cheesy prequel thats just “Snow is evil and purposely set out to remake Panem”

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hurem said:

Domestic BO: $98,370,000
International BO: $98,900,000

= $197,270,000

:clap3:

Sooo its a hit???

I had no clue 

How much is predicted to do when is done? :duca: 

3 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Sooo its a hit???

I had no clue 

How much is predicted to do when is done? :duca: 

Somewhere between $300M and $340M

Considering its $100M budget...

ab67706f000000030b4ef6234b7da58a019a8c62

• Like 1

disney is lobbying the marvels here

because the best cinemas dont show or offer this movie

it's either the marvels or that disney animation i forgot what that is 

the best cinema that has this movie is offering only recliner seats :(

gag after gag after gag, movie was really good, book is obviously better but there's no way they couldve included all the details from it without making it a 4.5 hour film

Ouuuuu

"word of mouth working" well duh…Suzanne Collins is a MASTERMIND. A WRITER unlike other…well…TERFlop minded ppl that leave their canon up to fanfiction writers.

Also finally saw a BUNCH of flowers for Mockingjay pt 2 this week. Thank god. The best out of the 4 OGs. I guess it had to marinate. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

gag after gag after gag, movie was really good, book is obviously better but there's no way they couldve included all the details from it without making it a 4.5 hour film

that's why it should have been a two part movie 

1 hour ago, RIKI232 said:

is it worth buying a ticket?

Yes, go give unproblematic legend Suzanne Collins your coins :khalyan:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.