The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

Almodusa

why did they make President Snow HAWT.. like d*mn he can get it

the 3rd act was dragging and there are some questions that i need answers cause was so confused.. i need to read the book

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Aston Martin

• thatsmydemi

• Hurem

I LOVED it :heart2: !! My friends tot it was too long doe :doc:

Was able to see this yesterday and it was good. I just wish that the third part is shorter and the second part is longer, but it still delivered and stayed true with the book.

I thought it was solid. The third act does drag but it does too in the book so it’s OK. Most importantly it’s able to stand on its own as a film independently of the franchise, which other franchises should learn from :mandown:

Haven’t read the book but loved the original trilogy so saw this this weekend.

Viola Davis CARRIED - Was obsessed with every scene she was in.

Production value was insane, loved the set designs!

Otherwise I thought it was pretty… average? The third part dragged and felt so unnecessary, it was hard to get attached or care about most of the characters, the reapings and actual hunger games felt like a parody of the original, and I just didn’t like Lucy Grays character or actress at all.

THG: 8/10

CF: 10/10

MJ1: 6/10

MJ2: 7/10

BSAS: 5/10

The scene when the tributes enter the arena with their mentors and the explosions happen was so freaking good. Can't stop thinking about it. 

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

Watching this tonight in Dolby :jamming: 

Don't have high expectations, not because I think it'll be bad but because I haven't read the book and don't really know what to expect. Read the original biology back in the day and recently re-watched the movies. I remain steadfast in my belief that Catching Fire is one of the finest YA novels of recent times and that the film is one of the best adaptations ever made :heart: 

• Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste
2 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

This was BLAND.

220px-Sparks_Fly_-_Single.thumb.png.7b6a

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I love this film

8 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Watching this tonight in Dolby :jamming: 

Don't have high expectations, not because I think it'll be bad but because I haven't read the book and don't really know what to expect. Read the original biology back in the day and recently re-watched the movies. I remain steadfast in my belief that Catching Fire is one of the finest YA novels of recent times and that the film is one of the best adaptations ever made :heart: 

AHH I was on the edge of the chair reading Catching Fire!

• Like 1

Act 2 > 1 > 3

Three had so much potential to be sympathizing with (or gaslighted by) Snow like Joker, but it didn’t deliver.

Didn’t read this book because of MID reviews.

• ATRL Moderator

I'm honestly a bit gagged. I was not expecting to like it this much, especially going in with a sort of indifference. There are definitely some glaring missteps, but the performances were all so compelling, the twists and callbacks were interesting, and everyone was giving something :jamming: And despite some of the pacing issues, by the end of the movie I wanted to stay in Panem. I was still invested in the world and genuinely wanted more (in a good way) Tom and Rachel had me moving :clap3:

• Like 1

QueenofCopyPaste

You know what

Olivia Rodrigo can actually pull off the Lucy Gray Baird character if she was casted

:jonny5:the way she understood her assignment when she wrote Cant Catch Me Now in lieu of the events in the book

• Like 3

Did anyone else feel like the Snow-Sejanus relationship had some queer undertones or was that just my delusional mind acting up. :lakitu:

Very much liked the film tho. :clap3: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Did anyone else feel like the Snow-Sejanus relationship had some queer undertones or was that just my delusional mind acting up. :lakitu:

Oh, absolutely!

I really hope this pull big numbers for this upcoming weekend. I mean it already made 100M WW in a few days but we need this to end at 250M and more.

6 hours ago, Feanor said:

In the book, I always felt like Sejanus had feelings for Snow but it wasn't reciprocal. 

7 hours ago, Feanor said:

Yeah that’s something fans have always brought up lol

this was fine until the third act which was too long... they should have cut out a bunch of the district 12 stuff and add like another 5 minutes to the actual ending in the capital to make it less rushed. were they trying to show us his like psychological struggles and turn into the villain he is but most of the third act didn't have the impact they were aiming for 

Saw it yesterday & I liked it 

What a good cast! I also agree 1st 2 acts are the best, 3rd one was fine but but not as exiting as the other 2

I was expecting something more shocking for the finale something that truly cause him to become the villain that in future years he is 

I was GAGGED, this was amazing :clap3:

the ending kinda dragged and felt like it should’ve been part of another movie but I still enjoyed it

Rachel and that blond man really did what they had to do :clap3: hope we get a sequel 

20 hours ago, Feanor said:

In the early stages of the book I thought this, except with Sejanus and Marcus instead of him and Snow

QueenofCopyPaste
2 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

I was GAGGED, this was amazing :clap3:

the ending kinda dragged and felt like it should’ve been part of another movie but I still enjoyed it

Rachel and that blond man really did what they had to do :clap3: hope we get a sequel 

They're all already out :-* lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.