Nelly Furtado to sell catalogue for est. $50M

Dark Miracles

10 hours ago, manwhore said:

That's actually Blackrock unless Blackstone is under their umbrella.  Yikes.  

Oh ok. My fault

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Movimento Perpétuo

• Dark Miracles

• karma police

• Gabe²

5 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Or she’s securing the bag to legit retire now and continue her humble, recluse Lifestyle

ezgif-2-d83aa86dd2a5.gif

As I said, in this case, she'd not dry up such a stable source of 1+ mil $ per year income
ezgif-2-d83aa86dd2a5.gif

5 hours ago, Aramis said:

I hope we get The Spirit Indestructible bonus tracks on streaming soon then :gaycat4:

Oh yes we absolutely need Play and Skylight on streaming

On 5/4/2022 at 8:46 AM, Aramis said:

I hope we get The Spirit Indestructible bonus tracks on streaming soon then :gaycat4:

Tea. I need Skylight ASAP. I'm TIRED of listen to it on Youtube, like it's 2022 ffs

slw84

btw, @karma police"soon" by Miss Furtado is like 'see ya in 7 years'

slw84

Novice to this Blackstone stuff, so what is it that's happening exactly? Nelly is selling her catalog to them, so any royalties and brand placements etc. are now theirs? How does that work with co-writers/producers who would have been entitled to royalties and such before, and her label , master owners etc.? Does everyone have to agree to this sale, or just Nelly? Is it only her portion of the above that has been acquired?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 11:34 PM, Electric Youth said:

btw, @karma police"soon" by Miss Furtado is like 'see ya in 7 years'

I'm perfectly aware of her laziness, sis
gltJIxp.gif
Miss Nelly "no more long breaks" Furtado is a well-known procrastinator
gltJIxp.gif

On 5/5/2022 at 11:46 PM, Aurora said:

Novice to this Blackstone stuff, so what is it that's happening exactly? Nelly is selling her catalog to them, so any royalties and brand placements etc. are now theirs? How does that work with co-writers/producers who would have been entitled to royalties and such before, and her label , master owners etc.? Does everyone have to agree to this sale, or just Nelly? Is it only her portion of the above that has been acquired?

she's selling all legal rights owned by her, which means that this fund will collect her future chunk of royalties, etc
gltJIxp.gif
songs' other co-writers, producers, labels etc will still keep their rights unless they decide to sell them too (like Timbaland already did)
gltJIxp.gif

2 minutes ago, karma police said:

she's selling all legal rights owned by her, which means that this fund will collect her future chunk of royalties, etc
gltJIxp.gif
songs' other co-writers, producers, labels etc will still keep their rights unless they decide to sell them too (like Timbaland already did)
gltJIxp.gif

This is kind of sad, I don't think if I were an artist I could "cash out" by literally selling my rights like this. :deadbanana2:But good for her if she feels like she's done and set.

Nelly and all her timeless hits. Loose is still today one of my favourite pop albums of all time. But I know we won't be getting anymore songs from her so she should go for it.

Thanks to this thread it reminded me of how much I loved All Good Things (Come to an end) 

She's literally so young still. I guess.

I know she's TikTok elixir, but 50M is INSANE. Get money, queen :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.