No shooting deaths in London in 6 months

Genius1111

Metropolitan police chiefs are trying to work out what has led to the fall in gun deaths and gun attacks in the capital. Not since 31 October 2021 has anyone been killed in a shooting on the streets of London. Fifteen people were shot dead in London in 2018, one fewer the year after, and 12 in 2021.

The perception that London’s streets are a wild west of shootouts sits uneasily with the facts, according to the deputy assistant commissioner, Graham McNulty. He said a squeeze by police was making guns increasingly a weapon of last resort for drug gangs.

“We are picking up that urban street gangs and organised crime groups in London are finding it difficult to source and move around firearms,” McNulty said.

It is not just gun deaths that have plummeted. So far this year police have detected 27 shootings in the capital – barely one a week. In 2010-11 there were 499.

It's almost as if gun control laws work! :eek:

Whilst knife crime is certainly a problem, there’s actually less knife murders in London than NYC. Don’t fall for Trump’s propaganda.

34 minutes ago, Hendery said:

cause everyone is getting stabbed instead :skull:

Umm I’d rather be stabbed than shot :dancehall2:

53 minutes ago, Hendery said:

cause everyone is getting stabbed instead :skull:

33 minutes ago, Eglė said:

What about stabbings miss thing

The amount of Knife crime in the UK is NOTHING compared to the shootings in the U.S., even when you adjust for population size.

An active shooter is also far more capable of killing multiple people then 1 person with a knife., they are in no way comparable and knife crime while a problem in some parts of London has been greatly exaggerated by people that don’t even live here.

Also like 90% of these stabbings are between people who know each other (often in gangs), it’s very rare for a random person to be stabbed for no reason. 

25 minutes ago, Robert said:

Whilst knife crime is certainly a problem, there’s actually less knife murders in London than NYC. Don’t fall for Trump’s propaganda.

Exactly. 

Edited by CaptainMusic

Machete gangs on bikes hacking folks in broad daylight on packed streets is so much better! I hate this city.

22 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

The amount of Knife crime in the UK is NOTHING compared to the shootings in the U.S., even when you adjust for population size.

An active shooter is also far more capable of killing multiple people then 1 person with a knife., they are in no way comparable and knife crime while a problem in some parts of London has been greatly exaggerated by people that don’t even live here.

Also like 90% of these stabbings are between people who know each other (often in gangs), it’s very rare for a random person to be stabbed for no reason. 

Exactly. 

Not sure what half of that had to do with anything? NYC stats are nothing to do with the fact that knife crime is one of the Mets biggest problems. Four isolated stabbings on Saturday night alone means we still need to educate and work on why this happening and how it can be discouraged.  

26 minutes ago, Mariya Takeuchi said:

Machete gangs on bikes hacking folks in broad daylight on packed streets is so much better! I hate this city.

WHAT :rip:

4 minutes ago, ren said:

this isn’t London but once I was getting a taxi home in manchester and a guy w a machete ran up to the taxi while at a red light and tried to hijack us :rip: that uber driver got 5 stars for putting his foot to the pedal and running that red light tho

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Ok but isn’t crime in New York getting really bad these days……..also, Trump? What?

14 minutes ago, ren said:

Happens every day in my area but nobody reports it and the police drop investigations. There's mass fights every day in my local shopping centre, police know it's a hotbed for violence but they do nothing to prevent it. Someone is stabbed every week at my local train station. In another area i grew up in a gang tried to nick a guys bike in the middle of the day in a packed area that's almost literally across the road from 2 police stations. https://www.mylondon.news/news/south-london-news/thugs-wielding-hammer-machete-attack-23769183 

3 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Umm I’d rather be stabbed than shot :dancehall2:

Getting stabbed is MUCH worse than getting shot

4 hours ago, Protocol said:

Ok but isn’t crime in New York getting really bad these days……..also, Trump? What?

It is a right wing talk point that even if gun crime is low in London, knife crime is high and whilst it is high, it is not stab city like Trump wants to make out.

5 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

Not sure what half of that had to do with anything? NYC stats are nothing to do with the fact that knife crime is one of the Mets biggest problems. Four isolated stabbings on Saturday night alone means we still need to educate and work on why this happening and how it can be discouraged.  

The point is that innocent people are not getting stabbed on the street everyday like people (a lot of the times Americans) act, it’s usually between people who know each other.

I’m aware it’s a problem but it’s still grossly exaggerated by the media and violent crime here would be much worse if guns (which is what the thread is about in the first place) weren’t banned, if you mind your own business you’re unlikely to have any issues. 

52 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

The point is that innocent people are not getting stabbed on the street everyday like people (a lot of the times Americans) act, it’s usually between people who know each other.

I’m aware it’s a problem but it’s still grossly exaggerated by the media and violent crime here would be much worse if guns (which is what the thread is about in the first place) weren’t banned, if you mind your own business you’re unlikely to have any issues. 

It's literally every other day statistically and that's still a problem. If there's one thing that does not need downplaying or minimising it's crime statistics, especially knife related ones at that. 

6 hours ago, Abel Minaj said:

Getting stabbed is MUCH worse than getting shot

You sure about that? I mean they’re both pretty agonizing

7 hours ago, Protocol said:

You sure about that? I mean they’re both pretty agonizing

I've been shot before and it's not nearly as painful as one might think. It's not a sharp pain, it's actually almost numbing. The force of the bullet feels like something heavy slammed against you and there's a tingling sensation. You're usually in shock (I was) so you don't feel a whole lot other than a very very mild burn. It's not a pleasant experience by any means but I wouldn't say it was agonizing or that painful.

A stabbing on the other hand is excruciating sharp pain.

I can't speak for everyone and they're both terrible but I'm speaking from my own personal experience.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.