• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drowned8World

• mystery

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

The way the book reading girlies CANNOT refrain themselves from posting spoiler, it's crazy.

KEEP. THAT. SH*T. IN. SPOILER. TAGS! Damn, is it really that hard? :biblio:

• Like 5

On 7/31/2024 at 9:50 AM, Riot said:

I swear if the final shot is another Rhaenyra staring menacingly at the horizon moment...

I was wrong. It's both Rhaenyra and Alicent this time.

floreyonce-hooooh.giffloreyonce-hooooh.gif

floreyonce-hooooh.giffloreyonce-hooooh.gif

• Haha 12

"Mayhaps the wh*re will die in childbirth"

"Your sons might have had places of honor at my court if they had kept faith," Her Grace declared, "but they sought to rob me of my birthright, and the blood of my sweet son is on their hands."

"Bastard blood, shed at war," Alicent replied.

Alicent, you could've been such a queen

janet-jackson.gif

Edited by Riot
  • Like 2

I thought it was probably one of the strongest episodes of the show so far. Helaena speaking to Daemon… OKAYYYY Queen, the international implications that that has!

but yeah S2 was overall a bit weak. Too much buildup for a season that will air in *checks notes* summer of 2026 the earliest. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

oh they really killed Sunfyre huh :bloo:

Spoiler

At this point in the story, he is presumed dead, just like in the books. He can't be dead given that, since this show is precedent to GoT, Joffrey said Aegon's dragon burnt & ate Rhaenyra.

Yeah this season was kinda a chop. :gaycat6:

As messy as the constant time jumps were, S1 was superior. Maybe Miguel Sapochnik is needed back.

Overall a good episode, just not a finale. Two more episodes would have been great. It should have ended with either

Spoiler

the battle of the gullet or the fall of King's Landing.

See you in two years.

• Like 3

idk if this season is the result of writers strike, Miguel leaving or budget cuts that came from ownership change at HBO or all of it... they better be hearing these complaints. s1 was a masterpiece of television, s2 well... cute next to gorgeous ig

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

idk if this season is the result of writers strike, Miguel leaving or budget cuts that came from ownership change at HBO or all of it... they better be hearing these complaints. s1 was a masterpiece of television, s2 well... cute next to gorgeous ig

Or maybe all three of them tbh. I'm not one to complain about the slow pacing, I think some of the best moments of this show and GoT came from non-battle episodes, but damn they really stretched some storylines this season. And even looking past that, not ending this season with a battle when war has been teased since S1's finale was a big mistake.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Helaena is lowkey my favorite character 

She definitely is mine!! Esp Rhaenyra being a flop for most of this season. Alicent is coming up strong too. But Phia is so good and her scenes were so interesting… can we talk about her "plotting" on the Team Black side with Alys? Her appearing behind Daemon, whew, what a twist

Emma D'Arcy is really beautiful. The face card alone makes me want to switch to #TeamBlack

But the finale really doesn't feel like a finale. Its a decent episode with alicent being delusional as always. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is getting dragged all over my timeline :rip: 

the only thing I can say is… next season should be amazing!!! :jonny6:

I loved Rhaenyra reading Alicent to filth in the end. whack that stupid b :giraffe:

Spoiler

and yes, this was a disappointing season overall. some drama and political scheming moments were cute here and there, but I had high expectations of dragon battles coming in, and can't believe we only got 1 in the end :toofunny2: 

not really sure if I even want to watch the 3 season anymore, I feel cheated. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nasa said:

Halaena is such an ICON! ugh easily my top 3 characters :duca:

She devoured this episode

:ryan3:

They ate with Sheepstealer's design. Excited to see more of him. 

Nothing positive to say beyond that.

1 hour ago, Rino said:

I loved Rhaenyra reading Alicent to filth in the end. whack that stupid b :giraffe:

Hide contents

and yes, this was a disappointing season overall. some drama and political scheming moments were cute here and there, but I had high expectations of dragon battles coming in, and can't believe we only got 1 in the end :toofunny2: 

not really sure if I even want to watch the 3 season anymore, I feel cheated. 

the drama moments are not as intense like season 1

the dragon moments are really short

the flow is slow

this season is disappointing

so let's rewatch season 1 best scenes:

Very underwhelming but incredible and important set up/foreshadowing for S3. I worry that the actionless finale was a mistake, as a lot of viewers fell off as it is from S1 to S2, with the long wait. Maybe with a robust marketing campaign for S3 and a lot of action to bring viewers back in, it'll do well regardless. 

Book readers, is there enough content for two more seasons? Is there still a lot left?

What is Miguel doing now that he left HoD? Is he working on anything else?

Really disappointed they pulled the "guys!!! NEXT season will be incredible1!1!! Stay tuned!!1!!!" bs. Shows need to be bullied for constantly ******* things up with the donkey carrot stick crap, it's becoming ******* ubearable. either give us something or gtfo, stop giving us nothing and trying to string us along with promises that either won't materialize or stretched to end with another promise of something "EPIC!!1!" coming up. Just **** off holy ****

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

since this one was a mess BTS

??? what happened

OT: The season's not bad actually and there are many aspects that I enjoyed, but yeah it's not even a patch on season 1

Need Rhaena to fly back by that rude ass Airbnb host and really gag the girls 

:clack:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DR0GO said:

Book readers, is there enough content for two more seasons? Is there still a lot left?

What is Miguel doing now that he left HoD? Is he working on anything else?

well considering how they stretching everything, we could get 5 seasons 

hbo dont wanna pay up for us to get proper episodes ig

beyonce-sips.thumb.gif.b6b1b6cb6e044b144eb3e8fa15ce4f83.gif

This episode is getting lashed :suburban:
End of season 1: prepare for war! End of season 2: Prepare for war! really feels like we end at a similar point
obviously some things happened like team Black gaining new dragonriders etc but all this could have been done in 4-6 episodes but instead they STRETCHED it out to 8 episodes.. i swear we've had a scene with corlys at the dock every single episode :deadbanana4: and then obviously Daemon having some vision every episode etc

There is a difference between 'slow' progressing plot and just repetitive filler. They needed to either keep the same pace and add 2 more episodes with a climax or if they really HAD to keep this season at 8 episodes should have edited these 8 episodes down into 6 episodes and then have episode 7+8 have some sort of climax

Overall a 6/10 season at best, season 1 was ~8.5/10

Edited by TaylenaStan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.