House of the Dragon | Season 2 Now on MAX & HBO | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

41 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Well to be honest as much as GoT earlier seasons were slow-paced with lots of talking etc, this season truly could've been packed into like 4-5 episodes. Daemon's Harrenhal scenes especially, they were interesting at first but became a snoozefest midway through. But I guess you gotta utilize Matt Smith if you have him in a contract...

I'm enjoying everything about this season except Daemon's storyline, which I am sure will have a payoff (?) but the dream sequences were so dumb and cliche 

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drowned8World

• mystery

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

5 minutes ago, Forever Winter said:

I think it was to lure Aemond to Dragonstone where he would see he'd be outnumbered in terms of dragons. A scare tactic

That makes no sense. Why send Ulf, someone you don't know, who's clearly stupid, who's NEVER ridden a dragon, to the dragons den? So he can sort out Vhagar and the Scorpions?

He just wanted to show his dragons off to his pub buddies. 

7 minutes ago, FrederickGa said:

I say Jace's reaction was VALID.. His legitimacy was already questioned, having a dragon is his only claim aside from Rhaneyra namin him the heir..

With the small folk bastards claiming dragons, his claim weakened

Well it was his idea, too bad so sad it worked :ahh: 

Just now, Lexiel said:

Well it was his idea, too bad so sad it worked :ahh: 

Yeah, but with the highborns

Just now, FrederickGa said:

Yeah, but with the highborns

So he only wants his mother to win if it's not an inconvenience for him and his claim. Got it.

8 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

is one of those Jace and Vermax? idk my dragons too well 

12 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

That makes no sense. Why send Ulf, someone you don't know, who's clearly stupid, who's NEVER ridden a dragon, to the dragons den? So he can sort out Vhagar and the Scorpions?

i really thought Ulf and Sliverwing were gonna get Rhaegal'd  :dies:

Spoiler

736a3da8ead23f65ecfb4b5b7c6ab0ee6b39249e

1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

i really thought Ulf and Sliverwing were gonna get Rhaegal'd  :dies:

Reveal hidden contents

736a3da8ead23f65ecfb4b5b7c6ab0ee6b39249e

In all likelihood he would've been snatched if Silverwing wasn't the fastest dragon in Westeros.

Also STUPID to go there considering the third biggest dragon in the world (Dreamfyre) is in KL as well.

1 minute ago, Lexiel said:

In all likelihood he would've been snatched if Silverwing wasn't the fastest dragon in Westeros.

Also STUPID to go there considering the third biggest dragon in the world (Dreamfyre) is in KL as well.

so it's not like the big b tch vHAGar would've caught up :celestial2:

13 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

so it's not like the big b tch vHAGar would've caught up :celestial2:

Vhagar is an old crafty queen she knows she slow af but she sneaks every time :sistrens:

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

Who else could they send? Jace? Baela? They're too valuable and Silverwing is the fastest, plus if they kill Ulf who cares.  He's basically a scapegoat. 

Why not both… show off the dragon and lure Aemond?

When next episode starts with the Dragonstone crew JUMPING vHAGar's ass :ryan3:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, FrederickGa said:

I say Jace's reaction was VALID.. His legitimacy was already questioned, having a dragon is his only claim aside from Rhaneyra namin him the heir..

With the small folk bastards claiming dragons, his claim weakened

Welcome to Westeros babes. Those plump lips aren't gonna get you the throne. :cm:

1 hour ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

What were Ulf and silverwing doing in kings landing though?? It felt like suicidal mission :deadbanana2:

Dragons and their riders can sense each others wishes and desires. I understand that Silverwing was aware of Ulf's desire to show off to his friends in King's Landing that he's a dragonrider and to prove that the story about his parentage is true, and Silverwing took him there herself 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

People are so annoying. It was needed for Deamon to experience all of those dreams, because he has to face his ego and his failures to connect with his family. It was needed for him to realize that he doesn't actually want to become a king. The same was needed for Ulf's and Hugh's scenes in King's Landing. If they were two randoms who came to claim dragons, it wouldn't mean anything for the viewer. It was needed for Rhaena to feel rejected over and over again to justify why she would go after a dragon (which I presume will happen in the next episode, not a spoiler). If you want a good payoff you need to set the things up.

HotD can't finish with a third season, because it has a bunch of material that has to be covered. It could end with four seasons, but I wouldn't mind if they stretch it to five seasons. There's a lot of things that have to happen for story to end. As someone previously had said, it's not a Marvel show. It's a show based on a material from an author who had one character wander through Riverland during the whole book, without shocking things until the end. This way they are building the world, and making it more real. 

Don't get me wrong, the show is not perfect. It has many mistakes and many things don't make much sense. Many of the choices they did will backfire on them. However, the slower pace is not a bad thing people paint it out to be. You act like whiny TikTok-obsessed teenagers. If you ever went to a therapy, you would know that progress doesn't happen quickly. That's why Daemon's taking it this long. And it is a great storyline if you actually pay attention and think about it. 

• Like 5

lol at Jace being a sour pout… I can see why he's mad since if his mother is having a hard time getting the throne, he's not going to maintain it. 

The whole "rightful heir" is a mess, the sooner they realize it's for whoever snatches it the better. Skip all the theatrics and get to the point. 

So far,

Rhaenys, Aegon & Aemond had their moment 

Baela & Jace had their moment

Lady Mysaria had her moment

Helaena had her moment

Queen Rhaenyra finally had her moment

Rhaena about to have her moment

Oh Alicent, Cole and Daemon.. what y'all doing on the floor

• Haha 1

would've been more interesting if they slowly introduced us Alicent's descent like maybe religious visions or something.. being a weirdo with prophecies that no one believes or somethng

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Don't get me wrong, the show is not perfect. It has many mistakes and many things don't make much sense. Many of the choices they did will backfire on them.

Ouuuu this scares me a biT because I generally agree with your opinions :jonny2:

how many seasons they're aiming because it feels like they really dragging it out to the point of fillers

The difference between GoT and HotD is that GoT was slower paced from the start (which also made the sudden teleporting in Season 7-8 feel THAT much worse), while HotD season 1 was more fast paced and it slowed down a lot in Season 2 (and i know the timeskips in season 1 were a big reason for the higher pace)
Also with GoT we knew that we were in for a lot of seasons (tbh it should have been 10 seasons total if they didnt randomly rush the end) and HotD is supposed to be 4 seasons total (so we are halfway through at this point) and this season also only has 8 episodes (2 hours less screen time) which makes the 'slow'/repetitive storylines a bit more annoying

All in all i dont mind slower pace it just is a bit too repetitive for an even shorter season. If we had 3 more episodes now it would feel way better

• Like 2

Favoritism from the showrunners or not, I really enjoy Alicent's screen time, mainly because Cooke could act her way out of vHAGar's vast vagine. A feat not all would achieve over at Camp Black I fear katara

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, TaylenaStan said:

The difference between GoT and HotD is that GoT was slower paced from the start (which also made the sudden teleporting in Season 7-8 feel THAT much worse), while HotD season 1 was more fast paced and it slowed down a lot in Season 2 (and i know the timeskips in season 1 were a big reason for the higher pace)
Also with GoT we knew that we were in for a lot of seasons (tbh it should have been 10 seasons total if they didnt randomly rush the end) and HotD is supposed to be 4 seasons total (so we are halfway through at this point) and this season also only has 8 episodes (2 hours less screen time) which makes the 'slow'/repetitive storylines a bit more annoying

All in all i dont mind slower pace it just is a bit too repetitive for an even shorter season. If we had 3 more episodes now it would feel way better

That and GoT had nearly a dozen storylines in as many locations. Slow pace wasn't an issue in earlier seasons because the show could jump between each of those narratives progressing, but in HoTD we only have 3-4 locations with the same characters, so naturally it will get tiring much faster if "nothing" happens.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, FrederickGa said:

The Cercei of HotD. Hopefully they'll give her a smaller role next season.

Yeah the changes they made will backfire down the line but I think most of it can be written in a way that works.

I think the biggest pacing issue was not having s1 be entirely with the young cast for say 8 episodes and then make the jump for s2. They couldve planned the series with uneven episodes per season to accomodate logistics and budget. It is a gigantic task but it couldve been done fairly well. Especially considering they had the story finished already unlike GoT

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.