House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 4: 'The Red Dragon & the Gold' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

10 minutes ago, perfillusion said:

Should I watch this? I never did GOT

join the winning team

perfillusion

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drowned8World

• mystery

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

6 hours ago, Xoxogossipgurl said:

People seem kinda impatient now a days. Everything needs to be spoon fed and if it isn't then it's "mid". 

I low-key blame the educational system. I can't tell you how many people I see who can't differentiate between A Hero & a Protagonist, a villain & a antagonist. 

:cm:

2 hours ago, perfillusion said:

Yes! And If you want to start on GOT overall in doesn’t matter if you watch this first because this is a prequel, it will actually help you understand some of the lore and some things mentioned in GOT. 

Spoiler

I really do think the whole thing at the pleasure house was to just set up Otto and get him fired. 

I don’t know everything of what happens eventually, just about some of the deaths and conflicts (I’m planning to buy Fire & Blood after my next paycheck).

Spoiler

I may be wrong but to me Daemon geniunely likes Rahenyra and it’s not part of his plotting.

15 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I really do think the whole thing at the pleasure house was to just set up Otto and get him fired. 

I don’t know everything of what happens eventually, just about some of the deaths and conflicts (I’m planning to buy Fire & Blood after my next paycheck).

Reveal hidden contents

I may be wrong but to me Daemon geniunely likes Rahenyra and it’s not part of his plotting.

A new illustrated version of Fire & Blood whose name is The Rise Of The Dragon will be released on late October.

Maybe you'd prefer to wait for it or buy both, sis :hey:

First season should've been focused on young Rhaenyra and Alicent and, then, changing to adults D'Arcy and Cooke in Season 2. 

This sort of changes had worked in The Crown and it would've worked in this show as well :chick3:

Edited by Lil Mxnster

I'm surprised by the stanning of this episode.  I still liked it a lot, but it was definitely my least favorite of the four so far.  I felt that the storytelling, particularly in the brothel, was muddled and didn't make sense.  It wasn't until I watched the "Behind The Episode" clip on YouTube that it became clear that Daemon seduced Rhaenyra to "punish" Viserys, and also that Daemon couldn't get it up.  I am glad that the show is so complex, but I don't think I should have to watch supplementary material to fully understand what's going on (especially as a book reader).

And I am starting to feel that the show is suffering by focusing solely on Rhaenyra, Alicent, Viserys, Daemon, and Otto.  Like, Corlys and Rhaenys are series regulars and we've barely seen them these last two eps.  The other Velaryons, the Lannister twins, and the Strongs should have a larger presence by now.  

That said, I LOVED the inclusion of the Blackwood boy.  (I thought that was Ben but people are saying it's his father Sam?  Anyway.)  Makes me very excited that they'll (almost certainly) include Alysanne :duca: 

And the scene with Criston and Rhaenyra was excellent.  Clare Kilner did such a good job directing, you could definitely see how it was filmed through the female gaze.  Rhaenyra's power was at the center, always.  Loved that.  Their chemistry is insane, giving what Jon and Dany could (and should) have given if S7-8 weren't so rushed.  I'm shocked anyone is shipping Rhaenyra with Daemon.  Criston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 hour ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Milly her power :jonny5:

33 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

First season should've been focused on young Rhaenyra and Alicent and, then, changing to adults D'Arcy and Cooke in Season 2. 

This sort of changes had worked in The Crown and it would've worked in this show as well :chick3:

I agree.  I know a lot of people are complaining that it's "too slow" but I actually feel it's moving just a little too fast.  For example we should have seen a lot more of Laena, Laenor and Joffrey by now, especially considering the wedding is the next episode.  And we should have seen more of Harwin Strong too.  I think a whole season of the young actors would have been perfect, then the time jump for S2E1.  Oh well.

Major spoilers:

I am worried that the upcoming deaths of Harwin and Lyonel, Laenor, Laena won't have any emotional impact because we've barely seen them.  Not to mention characters like Joffrey and Rhea Royce who've barely been mentioned.

a bit annoyed that ppl are turning on rhaenyra, just bc she had premarital sex and lied about being daemon touching her :biblio:

11 minutes ago, Miles. said:

I'm surprised by the stanning of this episode.  I still liked it a lot, but it was definitely my least favorite of the four so far.  I felt that the storytelling, particularly in the brothel, was muddled and didn't make sense.  It wasn't until I watched the "Behind The Episode" clip on YouTube that it became clear that Daemon seduced Rhaenyra to "punish" Viserys, and also that Daemon couldn't get it up.  I am glad that the show is so complex, but I don't think I should have to watch supplementary material to fully understand what's going on (especially as a book reader).

And I am starting to feel that the show is suffering by focusing solely on Rhaenyra, Alicent, Viserys, Daemon, and Otto.  Like, Corlys and Rhaenys are series regulars and we've barely seen them these last two eps.  The other Velaryons, the Lannister twins, and the Strongs should have a larger presence by now.  

That said, I LOVED the inclusion of the Blackwood boy.  (I thought that was Ben but people are saying it's his father Sam?  Anyway.)  Makes me very excited that they'll (almost certainly) include Alysanne :duca: 

And the scene with Criston and Rhaenyra was excellent.  Clare Kilner did such a good job directing, you could definitely see how it was filmed through the female gaze.  Rhaenyra's power was at the center, always.  Loved that.  Their chemistry is insane, giving what Jon and Dany could (and should) have given if S7-8 weren't so rushed.  I'm shocked anyone is shipping Rhaenyra with Daemon.  Criston >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Milly her power :jonny5:

I agree.  I know a lot of people are complaining that it's "too slow" but I actually feel it's moving just a little too fast.  For example we should have seen a lot more of Laena, Laenor and Joffrey by now, especially considering the wedding is the next episode.  And we should have seen more of Harwin Strong too.  I think a whole season of the young actors would have been perfect, then the time jump for S2E1.  Oh well.

Major spoilers:

Hide contents

I am worried that the upcoming deaths of Harwin and Lyonel, Laenor, Laena won't have any emotional impact because we've barely seen them.  Not to mention characters like Joffrey and Rhea Royce who've barely been mentioned.

yeah, they should give the other characters more screen time, like idt we will see harwin again and he's kind of a big deal to the plot, even if he's not a major player in dance of the dragons.

5 hours ago, perfillusion said:

Yes! If you haven't seen Game of Thrones this would be perfect for you since it doesn't really require prior knowledge, you can just go into it without knowing anything because it is set so long before the events of the show.

1 hour ago, Miles. said:

I'm surprised by the stanning of this episode.  I still liked it a lot, but it was definitely my least favorite of the four so far.  I felt that the storytelling, particularly in the brothel, was muddled and didn't make sense.

I do feel the same, sis :sistrens:

Yeah, the pre-Dance plot is kinda moving very fast and it may have been better if they had stretched it out more, and thus kept the young Alicent and Rhaenyra actresses for the entire first season.

Then again, HBO likely didn't expect a reception as positive as this show ultimate got, so I also understand why they're moving quite fast so that they can get to the actual Dance and all those dragon scenes, which they probably think is what the GP tunes in for.

I can definitely see the young actresses returning in future seasons.  They've fast-forwarded so much that there's a lot of room for flashback scenes.  And those scenes will be more meaningful because it's not some random younger actor playing a role but the ones people have grown to love so much.

Variety has confirmed overall U.S. viewership of the series is up 5% week over week

:clap3: 

With it now competing against football, we might see stagnant viewership but it should still hold well in the first week views. Hopefully it increases steadily until the finale.

The premiere has been seen by 30M viewers in the US alone.

6 hours ago, effy said:

a bit annoyed that ppl are turning on rhaenyra, just bc she had premarital sex and lied about being daemon touching her :biblio:

People are rightfully starting to see her as a nuanced and complex character because she's a bit of a brat and selfish person. It's not because she had sex. :rip: No one in this story is really all that likable and I'd rather them stick to the truth of it rather than whitewash the source material. 

6 hours ago, Miles. said:

Major spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

I really don't understand how they are going to make Harwin consequential, although I guess he doesn't need to be as long as they drive home the point he's the father of Laenor's "sons."

At this point, I'm afraid we'll never see Laena aback Vhagar at all. They may just show the Velaryons annoyed by Aemond claiming Vhagar, using that to fuel the fire between the Blacks and Greens.

8 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

1000000% agree. I’m loving the young characters right now. 

10 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Ugh yes please, they are literally my favorite part of the show :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.