House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 4: 'The Red Dragon & the Gold' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Also I saw a comment about why is Alicent so bothered with Rhae having her fun. I would assume its either because she's doing it with Daemon and if they get married their claim would be much stronger than her child's. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drowned8World

• mystery

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Alicent was invested in Rhaenyra finding a husband & she needed to be “pure” for the marriage. They really needed the alliance with the Velaryons too and Rhaenyra’s night out could put that at risk. The heir thing also.

3 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Alicent was invested in Rhaenyra finding a husband & she needed to be “pure” for the marriage. They really needed the alliance with the Velaryons too and Rhaenyra’s night out could put that at risk. The heir thing also.

Yup plus she could also be on a power trip since she mentioned how she's only seen as THE Queen now

21 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Another great episode of Bridgerton :clap3:

Daemon and Rhaenyra fooling around didn’t shock me at all, but it was still uncomfortable to watch. Targaryen have married their daughters before :rip: 

This show needs to pick up more steam. Ive only been midly entertained 

In typical GoT fashion ep5/6 is when **** hits the fan. Aegon will be grown by then and thats when the Dance of the dragon starts to unfold

19 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

I do have a question tho. Who are you supposed to root for here? In GoT, you had multiple characters who somehow deserved to live a happy life (Ned, Catelyn, Daenerys, Jon, Sansa, Robb, etc etc) but pretty much everyone on this show is nasty or unlikeable (yes, including Rhaenyra once she gets older). 

It's gonna be difficult for the audience, I'm sure. 

Oh you will know who to root for 

Will this show get exciting? I did not read any books or spoilers.. It's so meh so far.

The OG despite the botched final season served way more.

Audiences are so annoying these days. It’s been four episodes. The “it’s too slow” complaints let me know you’re too slow

9 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

Audiences are so annoying these days. It’s been four episodes. The “it’s too slow” complaints let me know you’re too slow

It really gets on my nerves. People are so idiotic nowadays. 

Not to sound like a boomer, but social media truly fried everyone's brains. :deadbanana4:

21 minutes ago, SixWholeYears said:

Will this show get exciting? I did not read any books or spoilers.. It's so meh so far.

I’ve liked the season so far :nicole: but we’ve barely scratched the surface of the mess to come 

7 hours ago, Liafen said:

They're not switching Fabian, he only gets a new haircut

:jonnycat::jonnycat::jonnycat:

Matt Smith never did it for me but something about him in this new episode... whew!

2f2339009553825c882ac031e5d0bcd5afcd9940

I gotta give props to my good sis Rhaneyra, she was getting D that night one way or another and she couldn't have picked better suitors

honey2.thumb.gif.419525ff5cf81d472a4c1b9

2 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Not to sound like a boomer, but social media truly fried everyone's brains. :deadbanana4:

I’m just tired of the revisionist history like people didn’t only start getting into the show until season 2. Season 1 was mostly a cult following show and many people didn’t get it at first. 

2 hours ago, Roman Holiday said:

Right :deadbanana2: If this is too slow go back to spending all day on tik tok with your short attention span self

• ATRL Moderator

Not Rhaenyra serving, "Had a very... peculiar encounter with my uncle today" :redface:

4 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Also I saw a comment about why is Alicent so bothered with Rhae having her fun. I would assume its either because she's doing it with Daemon and if they get married their claim would be much stronger than her child's. 

In this show version, she doesn't really care if Rhaenyra inherits over Aegon

yet

. Her anger is stemming from jealousy that Rhaenyra gets to have a wild, passionate night out with a bad boy while she has to lie under an old man that is literally decaying. 

People thinking that the show is slow and that nothing is happening will regret that in the future considering the source material. :dies:

summer-child-my-sweet-summer-child.gif

2 hours ago, Roman Holiday said:

I’m just tired of the revisionist history like people didn’t only start getting into the show until season 2. Season 1 was mostly a cult following show and many people didn’t get it at first. 

This! I watched Thrones from the beginning and it definitely had a small fanbase in it's first 2 seasons.  It was a book fandom driven show at first and then as the story progressed, it's casual audience grew. I think the turning point for the show gaining a global audience was season 3. The Red Wedding had a lot to do with that. By season 4&5 it was a global phenomenon. 

4 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

People seem kinda impatient now a days. Everything needs to be spoon fed and if it isn't then it's "mid". 

I low-key blame the educational system. I can't tell you how many people I see who can't differentiate between A Hero & a Protagonist, a villain & a antagonist. 

amazing episode one of my faves

im gonna assume that the slow criticism is coming from clueless people accidentally watching another fantasy show thinking it's hotd 

cause everything about this show including the pace is perfect :clap3:

8 hours ago, SixWholeYears said:

It's been 4 episodes....

7 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Who, sis? Spill. :swan:

I'd spoil the whole show if I tell but just google what happens to the main characters if u really wanna know

4 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

In this show version, she doesn't really care if Rhaenyra inherits over Aegon

Hide contents

yet

. Her anger is stemming from jealousy that Rhaenyra gets to have a wild, passionate night out with a bad boy while she has to lie under an old man that is literally decaying. 

Yeah but

the whole premise of the show is Greens vs blacks

they could be just hinting at it to set the tone for the upcoming episodes

4 hours ago, mystery said:

People thinking that the show is slow and that nothing is happening will regret that in the future considering the source material. :dies:

summer-child-my-sweet-summer-child.gif

lmao 

I’ve stopped reading and watching youtube videos about dance of the dragons because knowing what happens sort of ruined the surprise for me. I love the show though. And I love ROP. Happy to have both these epic fantasies around the same time each week.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.