House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 4: 'The Red Dragon & the Gold' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Alúcente is starting to turn! :jonny5: 
The way both girls are trapped but Rhae has an an a ounce of more freedoms+will be queen Im assume will be the biggest force that turn her!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drowned8World

• mystery

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

33 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Wait what was the foreshadowing I missed it?

Spoiler

When Rhaenyra & daemon are walking in the alleyway & the mage asks her  “would you like to see your death child?” & it cuts to the dragon statue throwing out flames :clap3:

So much foreshadowing for a lot of the characters this ep, such a treat for those who’ve read the book ugh so so so good!!!

it’s gonna be bonkers in 3/4 years & look back to it when the events start happening! 
Writers are absolutely killing it :clap3::clap3:

it's refreshing to see 'normal' scenes like a hunting party and a street festival

after the seriousness and hardships of the final Game of Thrones seasons...

god I love this show so much

Not really a GoT fan, idk the lore. I did watch most of the OG, but skipped out on the last season and I forgot much of the story. I started this, and I can't believe the nothing is happening, is too slow tweets from Stans themselves on twitter. It felt like it was skipping through a lot of events, asking me to care about characters immediately w/o some more meat in these scenes. I wish it would take some downtime. But I'm only in the middle of episode 3. I am enjoying it on a surface level tho.

as an aside; Emma d'arcy as Rhaenyra gives me Lagertha from vikings vibes

Edited by futurenostalgic

I loved the episode.

How is ANYONE saying this is slow :deadbanana4: it’s literally all the other way around to catch up with further events when Rhaenyra & Alicent are older and Viserys dies.

So much happened. I really liked the scene between Rhaenyra and Criston (there‘s real chemistry).

Spoiler

Fabien is so hot :clownny: 

Spoiler

Can’t wait to see when the Dornish hottie turns on ha 

Alicent starting to realize and use her power and influence as the queen, finally. 

This show is sooooooooooo good. The world building is great. Stuff like the tourney in ep1, the hunting trip last ep and the street festival in this make the world feel more alive.

also you can tell this ep was directed by a woman/not written by misogynists because the s*x scenes actually looked pleasurable for the women (except for poor alicent rip). Even the consensual s*x scenes in game of thrones were filmed in the most misogynistic way possible 

Edited by Hannah Hunt

6 hours ago, worldwide angel said:

hiiii targaryens :flower:

this is shaping up to be a really strong first season 

one thing i don’t get is the “slow” criticism. if anything it’s zooming by a bit too fast :deadbanana4:

i’m sure emma will do phenomenal but i’m going to miss milly  

Reveal hidden contents

and fabian :dancehall3:

They're not switching Fabian, he only gets a new haircut

Rhaenyra's decisions in this episode... :deadbanana4: Enjoy that Cockle's tho.

349f1522ab2225c1dbf7e9c25bcd113652eb392b

Episode 5 looks promising :duca: I'm not prepared for another GOT wedding :biblio:

Finally a decent episode 

was bit obvs Daemon would try this tho

nice Rhaenyra got the dick, jelly 

Can we all agree the Princess is giving the best performance? 

the actress is quite slay 

I'm glad that the king has finally come to his senses, I thought it'd never happen.

The girl playing Alicent finally being a good actress when she's about to leave the show, better late than never, I guess. :toofunny3:

3 hours ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

I'm enjoying this show pretty consistently. As others have said the political stuff in GOT was the best part. 

As for incest it's about the Targs there was always gonna be incest. Yes it's gross but it's always been a thing for royalty. Martin based the Targaryen's on the Ptolemys of Egypt. A long lasting dynasty who did not originate from Egypt,  routinely practiced incest including sibling marriage and ended with Cleopatra just as the Targaryen's basically ended with Dany. 

I do like that this show does explore how messed up stuff like this is. Especially all the misogyny and stuff like grown men marrying children. Didn't feel like GOT did that enough. 

Political stuff is definitely the best part.

I wouldn’t say it’s got to the depths of GoT yet

3 minutes ago, Zaynsus said:

I'm glad that the king has finally come to his senses, I thought it'd never happen.

The girl playing Alicent finally being a good actress when she's about to leave the show, better late than never, I guess. :toofunny3:

Omg she’s leaving? 

I defo thought she was dreadful before but this was a good episode for her 

4 minutes ago, KeirGrey said:

Omg she’s leaving? 

I defo thought she was dreadful before but this was a good episode for her 

I think there will be a time jump after episode 5 (?) so the actresses playing Alicent and Rhaenyra (:weeps:) will both be replaced.

37 minutes ago, Zaynsus said:

I think there will be a time jump after episode 5 (?) so the actresses playing Alicent and Rhaenyra (:weeps:) will both be replaced.

omg wth noooo

Great episode :clap3:writers taking notes from sayuncle :clap3:

How do u use spoiler tags?

oh that was a SICKENING episode *****. The best one yet! 

21 hours ago, mitochondria23 said:

The way Rhaenyra CLOCKED the Hightowers this episode. QUEEN. 

SUCH a good scene. Her acting there >>>>

16 hours ago, AxelFox said:

This may be because I'm familiar with how the story is gonna play out, but I really don't get this complaint?

Even if you are not familiar with the story, it's very obvious that this is all setting up for the conflict over the throne upon the king's inevitable death. :psyduck:  And it has developed extremely well into that direction in the few episodes we've had so far, with many turns already along the way - the death of the queen, Rhaenyra being made the official heir, Otto's plot of having Alicent marry the king, her giving him a boy heir, and now Otto's expose and Rhaenyra losing her V card and potentially being pregnant with Ser Criston Cole. 

What more steam do y'all need? Dragon battles every episode? The show's run has been amazing so far :rip: 

exactly!

6 hours ago, Xantalli said:
  Hide contents

When Rhaenyra & daemon are walking in the alleyway & the mage asks her  “would you like to see your death child?” & it cuts to the dragon statue throwing out flames :clap3:

oh ***** :soda:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.