House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 3: 'The Burning Mill' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Weakest episode. Reminded me of Season 7 when not even the politics was interesting. But with much better writing :giraffe:

Even the battle was predictable and had no tension. But dragons doing dragon **** I guess

Edited by Repelex

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Well, ep 3 was the weakest so far.

Hope the main plot of the season show up soon, we´ll getting to half of season in 2 eps more.

18 minutes ago, Madonno said:

Well, ep 3 was the weakest so far.

Hope the main plot of the season show up soon, we´ll getting to half of season in 2 eps more.

I believe the time jump to the main plot will happen in episode 5. Next episode seems to be the one where the "heir" is decided with a final verdict which should then lead to the time jump

Wow, E3 was the best episode yet!  I loved everything with the hunt.  Even with the time jumps, characters like Rhaenyra, Alicent, and Viserys are evolving so beautifully.  And I am so excited that so many more important characters have now been introduced, like the Lannister twins, the Strong brothers, and Laenor.  And that Johanna Swann reference was so fun and unexpected!  You can really tell Ryan Condal has studied Fire & Blood.

The symbolism with the white hart coming to Rhaenyra and not Viserys was excellent.  All the scenes with Criston and Rhaenyra together were phenomenal.  They have the chemistry that Jon and Dany should have had (and absolutely would have had with more time, **** Dumb+Dumber for rushing that).  

The opening battle scene was amazing, I loved the guy begging for Daemon's help and Daemon just crushing him without even realizing.  Perfect characterization lmao.  

The battle at the end was visually stunning, but I agree it was ridiculous that A) the Crabfeeder was fooled by that ruse and B) Daemon wasn't skewered by more arrows.  At least he got hit by a couple.  

However, I can forgive that because Seasmoke was GORGEOUS and it was awesome to see Laenor being such a badass! 

Laenor in the book is basically an even gayer, more flowery version of Loras, so I was expecting that, but I'm glad they're making him a cool character in his own right!

Can't wait for next week!

Edited by Miles.

Apparently, Rhaenyra is sitting on the throne of Storm's End in Episode 4 :jonnycat:

Edited by Lil Mxnster

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

Where are the ratings :rip:

HBO's US figures aren't out yet but the premiere episode did over 4 million in the UK, a record for the Sky network:

Just now, Hector said:

HBO's US figures aren't out yet but the premiere episode did over 4 million in the UK, a record for the Sky network:

It also broke records in Australia with 2M viewers! I wish HBO was available WW so we could get WW figures 

• ATRL Moderator

So freaking good

23 hours ago, venuss said:

It's high key annoying 

Lol, just realized I typed Matt Damon, I meant Matt Smith playing Daemon. Anyways, still annoying voice. 

Rhaenyra is such a dumb bish for not getting bred by Criston when they were all alone in that forest.

You had him right there. :dies: 

7 hours ago, Triton said:

Lol, just realized I typed Matt Damon, I meant Matt Smith playing Daemon. Anyways, still annoying voice. 

I read "Matt's Daemons voice" :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, katara said:

Rhaenyra is such a dumb bish for not getting bred by Criston when they were all alone in that forest.

No it's true, it's true

next episode looks promising, the gossip that's about to hit King's Landing dear lord

6 hours ago, katara said:

WaiT I forgot she will

get her bastards from Harwin Strong and not Criston Cole. Idk why I lived under the impression she got them from Cole.

2 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

next episode looks promising, the gossip that's about to hit King's Landing dear lord

So excited. 

Not some casuals asking for more jokes like Tyrion had in s5 onwards. This is why we cannot have anything nice, people already wanna ruin it. :biblio:

13 hours ago, katara said:

!!!

***** I would of left that forest pregnant

On 9/6/2022 at 5:17 AM, Steve Johnson said:

Queen Cersei remains the best Lannister

Tywin aka the De Facto ruler of Westeros until his untimely death would like a word.

This show is already better than the original. Compelling characters, excellent worldbuilding and of course, DRAGONS. Very excited for the next ep. Daemon is about to be going through it :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, makeme said:
  Reveal hidden contents

:celestial5:

44961617-9749687-image-a-131_16252357783

E5TH_-jXoAI9eMx.jpg

Oop 

1 minute ago, Ampersand13 said:

Oop 

I think I stumbled upon something:deadbanana4:

EDv5G9i7VHjWSPxIRxk3bVHdvIVNmc5HPHzDGg0M

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.