• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

6 hours ago, Feanor said:

He was the best director this franchise has had so this is kinda sad :gaycat6:

This is really disappointing. He was supposed to direct the big battle episodes in S2-3. Ugh. 

I hope this isn’t a sign of trouble behind the scenes. 

1 hour ago, mitochondria23 said:

Her accent is all over the place..

Sonoya sis.. 

:rip:

maybe the producer was like "you exotic asian you, speak EXOTIC!" 

i mean, it's not like got had asians so you can't say that's not how asians (or whatever the show's version of them) talk in this world.

The way I have fell sleep twice watching 1x02 to days in a row but I blame it on jet lag…

9 hours ago, Feanor said:

Ok, it's over. He's the mastermind behind the show's best episodes. :chick3:

I swear this is Ser Hugh of the Vale :deadbanana2:

More characters… our world is expanding :jonny5:

It sucks that Miguel is leaving… I’m nervous :dancehall3:

Sapochnik is leaving and Taylor, aka the director of the disastrous episode with the zombie polar bear, is arriving :deadbanana4:

This is why we can't have nice things, I fear :dancehall3:

14 hours ago, Feanor said:

wellitsover.gif

I wonder if he will come back to shoot certain episodes like for GOT. PLEASE for the love of God :gaycat6:

Edited by Rigalo

HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ‘House of the Dragon’ Shake-Up: Co-Showrunner Miguel Sapochnik Leaving Hit Series (Exclusive)

Sources say Sapochnik is exiting the show after pouring an exhausting three years of effort into the Game of Thrones prequel. Dragon co-creator Ryan Condal will now serve as the show’s sole showrunner and continue to work closely with co-creator George R.R. Martin. Sapochnik has also entered into a first-look deal with HBO to develop new projects and will remain an executive producer for the duration of the series. 

Sapochnik worked for months helping develop Dragon with his friend Condal before coming on board. Sapochnik had been very reluctant to officially join the project, a stance that perhaps foreshadowed his current exit. “Miguel said, ‘I’m never doing Thrones again,’” Condal recalled. 

“I went through a lot of vacillating,” Sapochnik admitted. “Ryan and I had a long-standing relationship and we work well together and we really like each other — that was half the battle. As we got deeper into the discussions, I realized I had to **** or get off the pot.”

2 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Sapochnik is leaving and Taylor, aka the director of the disastrous episode with the zombie polar bear, is arriving :deadbanana4:

This is why we can't have nice things, I fear :dancehall3:

Guys please chill over Miguel... he barely joined House of the Dragon in the first place and the only reason he is leaving is because he signed a first look deal with HBO for his own shows.

The main advantage of this series is its writing and the actual person in charge of everything, which is Ryan Condal. Miguel is an amazing director who is remaining in the producer role.

As for Alan Taylor, I think it is unfair to blame him for the "zombie polar bear". The actual episode itself was very well directed and executed when it comes to visuals and the action scenes (especially everything involving Daenerys and her arrival to rescue the group).

Alan Taylor is also responsible for many of the shows best episodes and memorable moments. He is also the third most experienced director Game of Thrones ever had, so to reduce him to only one episode is not correct.

Season 1 Episode 9 "Baelor" - Ned's death
Season 1 Episode 10 "Fire and Blood" - Birth of the dragons
Season 2 Episode 1 "The North Remembers" - Cersei slaps Joffrey,
Season 2 Episode 2 "The Night Lands"
Season 2 Episode 8 - "The Prince of Winterfell" - Jaqen helps Arya escape
Season 2 Episode 10 - "Valar Morghulis" - Daenerys in the House of the Undying
Season 8 Episode 6 - "Beyond the Wall" - Death of Viserion

David Nutter, Miguel Sapochnik - 9 episodes
Alik Sakharov - 8 episodes
Alan Taylor - 7 episodes
Alex Graves, David Nutter, Mark Mylod, and Jeremy Podeswa - 6 episodes
Daniel Minahan - 5 episodes
Michelle MacLaren - 4 episodes
Brian Kirk, David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Neil Marshall - 3 episodes
Jack Bender, David Petrarca, Daniel Sackheim, Matt Shakman - 2 episodes
Tim Van Patten, Neil Marshall, Michael Slovis- 2 episodes

I feel like Miguel is gonna be used by HBO to launch the multiple spinoffs because he's the only one who knows how to run big budget episodic tv efficiently :dies:

Also yeah chill, like @mystery said if Miguel was the only one behind HoTd it would be trash. He's not a writer. Season 8 of GoT was proof of that, even his great directing skills couldn't save it for life.

Ryan Condal is the real one running this thing, the one who pitched the show to HBO. If it wasn't for his vision and outline there would be no show. Now I'd be worried if he was the one leaving but Miguel is just a puppet that was attached to Ryan Condal by HBO to support him because he doesn't have the experience and someone needed to show him the ropes.

Ok so I got time to watch 1x02 and while the plot is interesting I feel like it’s lacking the intrigue and main baddie like in S1 of GoT, like seriously where are the jokes?

Daemon doesn’t feel like a threat more like a spoiled brat, and the pirate thing doesn’t feel as big or threatening as they make it to be, by 1x02 we already met Night King and Cersei/Jamie exploits with Bran and other ****.

The show so far it’s not bad but it feels like more of the same but easier…

19 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Ok so I got time to watch 1x02 and while the plot is interesting I feel like it’s lacking the intrigue and main baddie like in S1 of GoT, like seriously where are the jokes?

Daemon doesn’t feel like a threat more like a spoiled brat, and the pirate thing doesn’t feel as big or threatening as they make it to be, by 1x02 we already met Night King and Cersei/Jamie exploits with Bran and other ****.

There won't be nearly as many jokes in this story considering what it covers, definitely don't expect a Tyrion type character spouting modern humor to appear. There won't be a "main baddie" in it as well since all of the characters are in a gray area and do both good and bad things. The first appearance of the Night King in Game of Thrones was in in Season 4 Episode 2, not in Season 1.

Miguel leaving is a total bummer, especially because his directing is so excellent, but some of the posts in here make it sound better than the situation actually is. I hope this won’t have a negative effect on the show next season.

Edited by DirtyPony87

He could still come back to direct one or two episodes a season like he did with Thrones, chill people. He just doesn’t want to be showrunner which is probably a headache.

I can accept Miguel not being a showrunner, but he NEEDS to come back to direct a few battle episodes.  There's a reason Hardhome, Battle of The Bastards, and Winds of Winter are so acclaimed, and that's because of his phenomenal directing.  I think the show can still be good without him, but his directing for those pivotal moments would elevate it to greatness.

Like we NEED him for the Aemond v Daemon fight and the Aegon v Baela fight and the battles of Tumbleton

:weeps: 

Edited by Miles.

MadonnasBoyfriend
20 hours ago, orange22 said:

When Rhaenyra catches Alicent around the castle

This was more entertaining than this whole spin off ?

• ATRL Moderator

Finally starting this! I've heard a couple mixed things from people in my personal life, but the reviews make me optimistic and excited! 

I watched the pilot again and I liked it even more :WAP: It's certainly the gift that keeps on giving.

Reminder that The Rings Of Power first two episodes have been released today on Amazon Prime Video, so HBO is playing its cards too... :biblio:

I'll give an opportunity to TROP later, tho. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.