House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 3: 'The Burning Mill' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Emilia is the reason we still love Daenerys despite what the GOT writers did to her.

Idk how but HOTD is (hopefully) going to redeem her actions and fix the GOT finale mess. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

MadonnasBoyfriend

I didn't really like it and it felt boring. The lack of hot guys is also concerning like gimme some eye candy with my art plz

7 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

LUVing the clocks :flame:

_

What's up with Dorne being added into it?:deadvision:

Dorne didn't join the other 6 kingdom until 85/86 years after the events of the first episode of House of the Dragon ( when Rhaenyra's great grandson, King Daeron II (already married to a Martell/Dornish noblewoman, arranged a marriage between his younger sister, funnily enough named Daenaerys, and the current rulling Prince of Dorne at that time, also a Martell )

Also, kinda curious Viserys didn't get mad when Daemon said that sheep are prettier than women from the Vale when Viserys's own wife and queen, Aemma was an Arryn (with a Targ mother, but still):swan:

12 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

Dorne didn't join the other 6 kingdom until 85/86 years after the events of the first episode of House of the Dragon ( when Rhaenyra's great grandson, King Daeron II (already married to a Martell/Dornish noblewoman, arranged a marriage between his younger sister, funnily enough named Daenaerys, and the current rulling Prince of Dorne at that time, also a Martell )

Also, kinda curious Viserys didn't get mad when Daemon said that sheep are prettier than women from the Vale when Viserys's own wife and queen, Aemma was an Arryn (with a Targ mother, but still):swan:

I think that's because Aemma looks mostly targ. Which makes me question how dominant the blonde platinum hair gene of the targs/valyrians can be :ducky:

Apparently, they will explain it in episode 2 and 3, addressing the race swap of corlys :snorkle:

1 minute ago, M André said:

I think that's because Aemma looks mostly targ. Which makes me question how dominant the blonde platinum hair gene of the targs/valyrians can be :ducky:

Apparently, they will explain it in episode 2 and 3, addressing the race swap of corlys :snorkle:

I hope they don't serve a Bridgerton level of explanation regarding the color blind casting. :skull:

Tbh, they could have a random scene in a Lysenne brothel the city of Lys showing people of multiple races (white, asian, black etc) with silver/white hair, or explain that the white hair is a mutation which first appeared when the first valyrians encountered dragons (I saw this really cute short animated fanmade film on Youtube a few years ago, suggesting the mutation appeared through shadow magic from the priests of Asshai - that would be a cute explanation). I know Martin wanted to make the Targs black in the books initially, but then changed his mind, maybe that's why.

I think(?) they scrapped the idea that Targaryens and Velaryons previously married each-other, because otherwise all the Targ family would (logically) serve a little more melanin. The conquerer's mother was a Velaryon, and Jaehaerys I's own mother was also a Velaryon. And the Baratheons too, given that the in the books, Alysa Velaryon married into the family and had 2 children (that guy that asked Rhaenys for her favor and called her 'The Queen who never was' and Rhaenys's Baratheon mother Jocelyn).

In a way it's kinda messy cuz so far it would feel like despite sharing valyrian blood, Velaryons never married into the Targ family before, giving very much servants realness.:skull:

Also, I hope the Velaryons don't get too sidelined in the story. I would like them to seem/be more shrewed, like Otto was already pushing Alicent onto Viserys - I hope they make the suggestion of Laena as a bride for Viserys (even though it will be rejected) to show that their ambition for the throne never stopped.

Imagine coming for Emilia after the work she's done with terribly written character in last two seasons. :biblio:

Edited by Alina M

Emilia commanded every scene she was in. 
spacer.png

She was 100% that b!tch, regardless of the writers ****** up her arc.

Forever legendary.

Edited by Itsjustalamb

This didn't do much for me, I was kind of underwhelmed by this pilot, I was expecting better honestly, I still remember when I was totally hooked by the GOT pilot back in the day despite not being a big fan of this genre in general.

Overall my general sensation is that this lacks the scope, the intriguing characters, situations and dynamics of GOT that were presented immediately.

i will keep watching but this was my first impression, hope it's gonna get better.

12 hours ago, DanyelP23 said:

I was thinkin about this as well! My take on this is that the Targs see themselves as the rightful ruler of all the seven kingdoms including Dorne and it's a mere technicality that they haven't actually conquered Dorne yet 

:dies:

3 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Imagen

:flame: New picture of Rhaenyra in Episode 2 :flame:

Can’t wait :duca:

I can't at how they all suck at this!? 

Shouldn't reading the books or at least binge watching GOT be a requirement? 

what do you all think about this? i'm totally HERE for these 2 things. Which stories would you like to see?

Edited by Drowned8World

I'm sorry but Emilia's acting was shockingly mediocre during the first and some parts of season 2. She got much better as the show went on and by season 8 she was probably the biggest redeeming quality the show had.

Kit on the other hand was mid throughout the whole series :coffee:

1 hour ago, Drowned8World said:

what do you all think about this? i'm totally HERE for these 2 things. Which stories would you like to see?

Can we finish asoiaf first tho?:redface:

13 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Imagen

:flame: New picture of Rhaenyra in Episode 2 :flame:

Love her already :clap3:

May she reign for many years :clap3:

3 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

i would LIVE for a visit to Asshai. we need more magic

The Emilia slandering in here, as if she didn't carry the show :skull: 

2 hours ago, mokitsu said:

i would LIVE for a visit to Asshai. we need more magic

ugh me too :jonny: Asshai and Valyria need their own shows.

while i was NOT a fan of emilia during most of the seasons. season 8 was HERS season. she carried the whole show. it was a tour de force. the scene where she tells tyrion she knows jon betrayed her. missandeis beheading. the bells scene. her last speech. how innocent she looks before jon stabbing her. she read that ending and she knew something had to be done

spacer.png

12 hours ago, tigalion said:

I can't at how they all suck at this!? 

Shouldn't reading the books or at least binge watching GOT be a requirement? 

I felt insulted :rip: this is an embarrassment

On 8/24/2022 at 7:33 PM, DanyelP23 said:

When he is naming Rhaenyra as his heir, Viserys calls himself "Lord of the Seven Kingdoms" even though there are technically six under their rule at the time. Aegon didn't take Dorne but the Targaryens continued to lay claim on it despite it actually being independent. 

Edited by mystery

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.