House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 3: 'The Burning Mill' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

No cuz I too thought those stitches would give way when they got stuck in the mud and thought "No HBO would not show that…"

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

so the riot scene we saw on the trailer was cut? Cause I doubt they'll have another procession in King's Landing with both Alicent & Helaena

The Otto and Aegon scene was GOLD

The grandpa ended that twink! :jonny5: I can't believe I'm praising a Hightower

The way I snorted :ahh: 

Edited by Dark Miracles
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Witchpop said:

That was a really good episode. It felt like classic Thrones with the dialogue.

yeah. it reminded of early seasons of GOT and I loved it.

Somebody is gonna say it but green scenes are way more interesting :sorry:

The way this was the worst out of 12 released episodes. Congrats team green on this achievement, not everyone can do that!

Rhaenyra and Otto carried 

This was a great episode!  It really felt like the old-school S2-3 GOT eps with a lot of top-tier dialogue, intrigue, scheming, character development, and build-up.  

Otto was giving Tywin Lannister, what a GAG when he was dragging Aegon through the mud.  "Feckless... self-indulgent... trifling..."  He would fit right in on ATRL :toofunny2:  Unfortunately for him, he's surrounded by idiots, as opposed to Tywin who mostly had fairly intelligent people supporting his plans.  

I also love how they're highlighting the hypocrisy of Criston and Alicent, the scene where Criston accuses Arryk of sullying his cloak was blood-boiling.  And my favorite scene of the whole episode was at the end where Alicent discovers Aegon crying... and leaves to go **** Criston.  Ice cold.

The funeral procession was great.  Like many others, I was half-expecting, half-wondering if they'd dare to have the head fall off.  I wonder if that was the initial plan and then they cut it, cuz there sure was a lot of jostling, and the scene seemed to end a bit abruptly.  

Really enjoyed the argument between Rhaenyra and Daemon.  They seem committed to girlbossing and washing away all of Rhaenyra's negative attributes, so I'm glad they're not doing that with Daemon anymore.  

Aemond's mommy issues being highlighted... :deadbanana4:

The Jace and Baela scene was so sweet.  I don't agree with anyone criticizing his acting; I see him as the emotional heart of the show right now, and his scene last week with his mom and now this one were both excellent.  Asking about his dad and admitting that he misses Luke... :heart:  I also think Aegon's actor is doing fine.  He's acting like a petulant child, which is exactly what Aegon is.  And the scene where he naively tries to help the commonfolk last ep gave him some depth.  I actually don't think there's anyone who stands out as objectively bad.  Emma, Rhys, and Eve are definitely the standouts though.  Milly and Paddy too, from last season.

Also, the dragon Addam saw was definitely Seasmoke, right?

• Like 3

Better episode than 2.1 for sure!  It k ow it's the exact same world as GOT, but it's almost getting repetitive. Like how many times are we going to see an assignation attempt…but they are fighting for the throne so also makes sense for that to happen.

3 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

so the riot scene we saw on the trailer was cut? Cause I doubt they'll have another procession in King's Landing with both Alicent & Helaena

nah that's from another scene

2 hours ago, nasa said:

The way this was the worst out of 12 released episodes. Congrats team green on this achievement, not everyone can do that!

Rhaenyra and Otto carried 

Did you mistake this one for the last week's episode cause something's not adding up 

I wish the rest of the episodes are as good as this one. Ser Otto stole the show I fear, but Rhaenyra is still shining. Such great actors 

Great episode! It could easily be among the best of the series. I really liked the characters development and the discussions about military tactics and propaganda in the Black and Green Councils. Excellent script job! :clap3:

By the way, not only was the episode superb but I screamed when Otto mentioned Daeron :soda:

17 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

By the way, not only was the episode superb but I screamed when Otto mentioned Daeron :soda:

OMG yes!  I forgot to mention this!  I was sooooo happy :biggrin:

We got Cregan, Alys Rivers, and Daeron confirmed this season, now I just need Black Aly and Nettles :duca: 

Rhy after the bedroom duel

good episode, Aegon is kinda fierce in this ep i cannot lie :dies: Cole is mid-dding his way up the latter, ijbol :bibliahh:

I understand them "yassifying" Rhaenyra, making her more appealing to the GP in order to have a "right side vs wrong side" story , but I think it's gonna backfire (spoiler ahead).

Spoiler

When she gets her ass roasted. 

People who aren't book readers & the GP who are just casual watchers are gonna riot. 

And I know they've changed a lot of things already but that is one of the biggest events of the Dance of Dragons and it was already specifically mentioned in the main GOT series by Joffrey so there's no way they can change that . 

Edited by Itz_Dani!

This Episode is definitely better than Episode 1

Finally got to feel Helaena's charm this Episode, that Funeral Procession was so tense and well-made

Another note-worhy sequence with full of tension is the TWINS :clap3:

Crispy can still get it but his character is so annoying and hypocrite

People are such weirdoes 

28 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

People are such weirdoes 

i'm in his dms for a different reason :WAP:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

People are such weirdoes 

Nnnn I noticed this today because I've been perusing his IG for obvious reasons and thought to myself it can't seriously be because of the show. What is wrong with people? :deadbanana2:

I like that every main character has displayed their best acting skills in this episode.

I wouldn't be surprised if they submit this one for the Emmys.

• Like 2

I find the "pick a side" marketing super hypocritical when they are committed to presenting Rhaenyra as the infallible, perfect daughter of Dany and Jon Snore. They've whitewashed her to no end and team Black is super bland and boring to watch now. They're even attempting to repaint Daemon as a misunderstood, emo, lone wolf who "just does things his own way" to favour the blacks even more. The slogan should've been "Pick the Blacks" :devil:. They made Blood and Cheese an oopsie mistake and then had the audacity to present the Greens having a funeral as a villainous act, complete with implying that they're abusing Helaena by doing so...

Ironically, with all the butchering of the green characters and the biased narrative, the Greens are still more interesting and entertaining to watch. Not even the Starks were as boring as team black because they at least had Sansa, Catlyn, and Arya.

2 hours ago, Zaynsus said:

I like that every main character has displayed their best acting skills in this episode.

I wouldn't be surprised if they submit this one for the Emmys.

I don't expect any noms tbh. They didn't give a nom to Paddy for Viserys... that is a bad sign. They will totally ignore this series :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.