• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

That was so good, that was SO GOOD! :WAP:

1 hour ago, Terylee said:

Where? It literally says it in the books and now also confirmed in the show where G.R.R. Martin is actually still involved. Can't say the same about the last few GoT seasons. I doubt we will get the last two books, but if we ever will, we won't get Daenery's dragons flying north of the wall like they did in Season 7. Or do you think the books will exactly play out like the show? :toofunny3:

I mean, it can go a number of ways. What if dragons share knowledge as people do and that's why they won't go over the Wall? When it comes to Dany, her dragons are the only ones alive in Westeros (at least that we know of), so they had no way to know why they shouldn't cross it.

I'm glad I don't know the full story

cause that last scene had me shook

And the Lorde cameo at the end? omg

:jonnycat:

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

sksfdgjdskj b*tch :dies:

21 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I mean, it can go a number of ways. What if dragons share knowledge as people do and that's why they won't go over the Wall? When it comes to Dany, her dragons are the only ones alive in Westeros (at least that we know of), so they had no way to know why they shouldn't cross it.

They mentioned it for a reason. Just like they did last season when Rhaenyra finds the writing on the dagger and Viserys tells her about Aegon's prophecy which contradicts the whole last season of GoT. For now I take George's content as canon. Maybe he knows he will never finish the books and this is his attempt to give hints and more insights.

Just now, Hephaestus said:

sksfdgjdskj b*tch :dies:

I just realised she was there too at the start

when Heleana tells Aegon she fears the rats;

but she looks more like Lorde when it's dark :toofunny2:

I liked Helaena's reaction. Most people would obviously react differently, but it's authentic for her character and the way she acted last season.

• Like 1

The hate I see for Alicent is really unhinged nn

Sis is jealous and spiteful and messy but there's r*pists, p*dophiles, baby murderers, domestic abusers, and everything else.. Alicent is not really that different from a bitter aging ATRLer so far if we're being totally honest :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A fantastic episode. 

Not people thinking a random new child character we have no attachment to was akin to the Red Wedding where 2 of the main characters for 3 seasons were murdered. Yall are UNHINGED to even compare it. 

Nearly as unhinged to think they would show a baby's head being sawed off on television :deadbanana4: 

The episode was fantastic in every way. Perfectly paced, great acting, and the story being perfect as usual. They did a great job. Excited for the rest!

Edited by Eat The Acid
  • Like 2

People who read the books, how many seasons is the show gonna have? At least approximately

1 hour ago, Terylee said:

I liked Helaena's reaction. Most people would obviously react differently, but it's authentic for her character and the way she acted last season.

She dissociated. The actress portrayed it really well. The scene with Rhaenyra and Jace hugging was soo sad, amazing acting once again

Overall, the episode was okay :mrpeanut: Although, I expected more brutality and shock in the B&C scene. I believe this season will surpass the quality of the first one.

38 minutes ago, illia said:

People who read the books, how many seasons is the show gonna have? At least approximately

It's supposed to have four seasons; however, as a reader myself, I think three seasons of ten episodes each one would have been enough. Perhaps I would add two episodes as an epilogue of the series.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kalmanta said:

They really pulled out all the stops for this season!

Not the Vhagar payola! Electric Criston Cole

6 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

It's supposed to have four seasons; however, as a reader myself, I think three seasons of ten episodes each one would have been enough. Perhaps I would add two episodes as an epilogue of the series.

So we will be feasting like 4 more years or so :jonny5:

4 hours ago, Terylee said:

Where? It literally says it in the books and now also confirmed in the show where G.R.R. Martin is actually still involved. Can't say the same about the last few GoT seasons. I doubt we will get the last two books, but if we ever will, we won't get Daenery's dragons flying north of the wall like they did in Season 7. Or do you think the books will exactly play out like the show? :toofunny3:

Nope, but Dany is still getting exposed as the hypocritical tyrant she really is, and it'll be even more damning in the books (Which are never coming out) 

1 hour ago, Dark Miracles said:

The scene with Rhaenyra and Jace hugging was soo sad, amazing acting once again

That was the best scene of the episode; Emma and Harry were both incredible :clap3: 

I am so excited for the rest of the season :jonny6:. I'm so team black but I LOVE Helaena and what they're doing with her character has been so interesting 

Not them trying to hook us with Stark propaganda. Keep it! 

• Like 2

Luke's funeral, my god :cries::cries::cries: what a fantastic start to the season.

6 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I'm glad I don't know the full story

cause that last scene had me shook

:jonnycat:

Same at first I was like they ain't finding a damn soul then THAT happened :rip:

-

I will say this episode was a little slow but I guess they had to get back into the groove of things

Blood & Cheese was low-key disappointing. I've been waiting for this scene since the show was first announced.😕

Spoiler

Not sure if this is a spoiler, but they had the perfect material for this scene. Straying from that was a choice.

I feel like this plot feels too small like the stakes are not that high and they're stretching this too much, like in GoT there were the Lannister vs Stark and then interesting subplots and the overarching menace of the Night King.

Here is just family drama for the throne with tons of characters not doing anything relevant, from Rhaenyra's side only Daemon did something and from the other side they're already like 10 relatives and nothing done and having so many dragons makes this feel less threatening, back in GoT Danny having three was scary because of her power but here everyone has one.

It's not bad but neither as exciting or suspenseful as the main show, hopefully they do S3 and wrap it up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Liafen said:

Honestly, the PG'd version of B&C is mostly to do with the massive stigma of showing children hurt/in distress/connected to k*llings etc. in the Western World, not them 'whitewashing' the Blacks. HBO legally can't show what happened in the books without massively toning it down. Once a Hannibal episode was literally banned because one of the side stories included a child killing their own family :skull: 

That being said, B&C was pretty... underwhelming, yeah. Without reading the books, I kept hearing about it here and elsewhere (and somehow thought that it would be about a feast similar to the RW because of the cheese part :rip:) but after watching the episode, I couldn't even say if that was Blood and Cheese if I wouldn't have seen prior on Twitter that it's gonna go down in this first episode. I am just mostly glad Haelena came out of it relatively unharmed, I thought they were going to kill her off. She's such an interesting character and the actress playing her does such an awesome job that I would've been so sad about her death. 

On the contrary, can someone finish Jace off quickly? That actor is so annoying with the one-faced pouting :skull: 

I agree I mean I didn't mind them not showing the actual murder on scene obviously that would be insane. I just wished they followed the retelling documented in the book for this particular moment. Feel like the show really needed it, especially when the decision to choose between her twins compounded with the actual murder of one of them had irreversible effects on Helena's life. It needed the dramatisation.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.