House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

4 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

He said he's a Drag Race fan. fkjfjjdf Legend. 

Watch that clip. :dies:

Legend, icon and star :gaycattel:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

6 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

They'll recast. The Dance will be 3-4 seasons and season two isn't even airing until 2024. 

No one will remember what they looked like in the original GoT anyway.

i know but it's still a bummer they'll have to recast Wilf Scolding and Aisling Franciosi.

35 minutes ago, Triton said:

Rhaenys dragging Rhaenyra, “tomorrow the Hightowers will land their first blow”

Solo Alicent going face to face with Rhaenyra and Deamond in full Queenly armor. 

Visery’s grand entrance and mask…

Vaemond speakingnothing but the TRUTH. Bastards! *****! 

That ugly wig and no eyebrow and no lip rat killing King Vaemond. Now where is the anger and backlash toward Deamon alike there was for Ser Criston for killing some pillow Inter? 

Rhanerya going to ugly cry to daddy one last time, no more daddy *****! 

Glad Aemond is becoming larger than life, sure his Brother will be pushed to be king but he’ll be a humongous help. Drag the bastards. Haelena Beautiful! 

I can’t at people calling Alicents kids ugly rats yet they praise Daemon and Rhaenyra. 

Not the Greens dragging the blacks at every corner. Aemonds speech! Why every bother trying to shade him with a pig, he won with Vaghar. 

Yes Alicent, run with it! 

stay pressed :gaycat5: :gaycat5: you can keep the tongue of that rat :gaycat5:

Aegon's Conquest could work as a show but it should be only one season, cover the main part of the Conquest but focus mostly on the struggle of trying & failing to take Dorne. Including what transpires with Rhaenys and Meraxes.

I am convinced that the next story adapted after this one will be Dunk & Egg, it would offer a much needed lighter story set in Westeros and if they really wanted to end it at a sad spot they could do Tragedy at Summerhall. 

1 hour ago, BadMonster said:

And this is why the series is a mess... He wasn't talking about Aegon the conqueror, Viserys was talking about Rhaenyra's son Aegon, and Alicent thought he was talking about their son Aegon.

That isn't correct, he was talking about Aegon's Dream as in Aegon The Conqueror. Rhaenyra's son Aegon is irrelevant as Jacaerys is supposed to inherit the throne after her. Viserys wouldn't be talking about him bringing the Prince That Was Promised and inheriting the throne as he is fifth in line after Rhaenyra, Jacaerys, Lucerys and Joffrey. 

Alicent was never told about Aegon's Dream, when he and Alicent spoke at the fire during the royal hunt she only heard Viserys talking about his dream of seeing his son and heir on the Iron Throne. When she heard him mumbling and mentioning all of that, her son Aegon was the only connection she could have made.

Viserys to Alicent at the royal hunt - "When Rhaenyra was a child, I saw it as a dream. As vivid as these flames I saw it, a male babe born to me, wearing the Conqueror's crown. I so wanted it to be true, to be a dream of myself. I sought that vision again night after night, but it never came again. I poured all my thought and will into it, my obsession killed Rhaenyra's mother. I thought Rhaenyra was the way out of my abyss of grief and regret. That naming her heir would begin to set things right, I never imagined I would remarry, that I would have a son. What if I was wrong?"

Viserys - "Don't you remember? Aegon, his dream, the Song of Ice and Fire. It is true, what he saw in the north, the Prince That Was Promised. The prince, to unite the realm against the cold and the dark. It is you. You are the one, you must do this. You must do this."

To Alicent, the only logical conclusion is that he is talking about her son. It is something that she also desired to happen, she isn't being stupid, she is being willfully ignorant. 

Edited by mystery

At least for the tv show universe, some are arguing that Rhaenyra was the princess that was promised and Alicent cutting her arm made sure the blood got in the blade, hence why Arya was able to kill the nightking with that blade and that's how they fixed the final season of GOT/Arya being able to kill the nightking

That's such a reach :skull:

19 hours ago, Cryptique said:

Jace is fvckin HOT :WAP:

I didn’t want to say it because he’s only 18 but I can’t deny I was thinking the same :gaycat3:

18 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Really? Starks are very popular especially with the GP, maybe even more than the Targaryen, since Dany was hated until the final season and that was to spite D&D. Targaryan have a richer story but this show is not doing it justice.

:skull: 

Anyway, give Paddy his Emmy now

Amazing acting  :jonny5:

12 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

Mess, I'm gonna rewatch it after the season finishes and if I still think it's too messy after that, I'm gonna give up on this series. I was sure I was gonna love this and hate LOTR, but it's the complete opposite right now

That is fair, everyone has a different preference!

did I just really read that the starks are more interesting to the gp?! :deadbanana4:

A show about the martell's >>> white snow people

6 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

Doesn't have to do much with preference, more with the pace. Wish it was a bit slower, allow people to (re)connect with characters after they're recast and get a bit of a feeling of what's going on after a time jump

To me personally I don't mind. It is clear who the characters are and there is no reason to spend time reintroducing them every episode, especially when the show already makes sure to point out who they are in their first scene and how many years have gone by. They are still the same characters, just played by different actors. 

I hate Rhaenyra’s kids

Spoiler

Book people please tell me something bad happens to them :gaycat5:

Just now, Death said:

I hate Rhaenyra’s kids

Hide contents

Are you sure you mean Rhaenyra's kids and not Alicent's? :gaycat5:

1 minute ago, mystery said:

Are you sure you mean Rhaenyra's kids and not Alicent's? :gaycat5:

Alicent has the whimsical daughter who I like. The boys are annoying but I somehow dislike Rhae-Rhae’s more :gayorkcat2:

29 minutes ago, Death said:

I hate Rhaenyra’s kids

Hide contents

look at your username :gaylorcat2:

I haven't read the book but aemond and haelena are becoming my favourite characters like whew...  :jonny:

Also the tension between aemond and daemon during the dinner scene is pure gold, i feel like they are planning to prepare a big fight scene for these two and im here for it..  

I mean, it's clear who Rhaenyra is, but I'm not gonna care if I'm gonna have to get used to a new face, a new voice, new mannerism, and even a new accent... Especially with the kids, it's not clear at all who's who most of the time until they've had several scenes. They can be the same characters, but they feel like totally new ones, hence why I don't care for them and would prefer a slower pace/time to reconnect

They've already stretched out this part of the book to the limit. It's a few pages they've managed to turn into a season, but GRRM told them they had to start there so people understand what caused the Dance.

The time jumps and cast changes are over. The real story started in episode 8. 

I mean, it's clear who Rhaenyra is, but I'm not gonna care if I'm gonna have to get used to a new face, a new voice, new mannerism, and even a new accent... Especially with the kids, it's not clear at all who's who most of the time until they've had several scenes. They can be the same characters, but they feel like totally new ones, hence why I don't care for them and would prefer a slower pace/time to reconnect

This is the final time jump. Which were all necessary by the way. The actual story hasn’t even started yet. This is all one giant prologue that has been drawn out.

Edited by 45seconds

So I’m wondering about the Emmys and/or any other awards this show will (obviously) have noms for. 

In the case of Rhaenyra and Alicent, whom have had the actors swapped, would both actresses for each character able to get nominated and if so get would they be in the same categories or in which categories would each fall on?

Wondering for their kids and other minor characters that got swapped as well .

I HATE the Starks/Jon Snow but I don’t really think you can deny that the GP loves them. Most of my straight girl friends who watch GOT loved Jon. I asked some of my coworkers if they were watching HotD and this lady was like “yes but I can’t wait for JON’s SHOW :smitten::lmao:

9 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

I HATE the Starks/Jon Snow but I don’t really think you can deny that the GP loves them. Most of my straight girl friends who watch GOT loved Jon. I asked some of my coworkers if they were watching HotD and this lady was like “yes but I can’t wait for JON’s SHOW :smitten::lmao:

the gp loves hot men wbk 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.