House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

3 minutes ago, M André said:

I don't get what you mean by this, the characters are grey in the books :skull:

Book readers didnt like how Rhaenyra didnt kill Vaemond herself.. or how she let Laenor live

Book readers also didnt like how showrunners kinda gave Alicent a reason to usurp instead of just portraying her as ambitious c*nt

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

10 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

The way that sword came out of nowhere and slid thru his head had me shook, never gasped during this show b4 :deadbanana4:

righttt like i jumped a bit :duca:

Oh Jace is cute. Those lips mmmm

Alicent's boys are ugly albino rat demons in contrast. I like Haelena though.

59 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

Book readers didnt like how Rhaenyra didnt kill Vaemond herself.. or how she let Laenor live

Book readers also didnt like how showrunners kinda gave Alicent a reason to usurp instead of just portraying her as ambitious c*nt

Ok I agree with the book readers there. Rhaenyra killing Vaemond herself and Alicnet being an ambitious b**ch adds way more depth and layers to their characters instead of Daemon doing all the dirty work and Alicent being so gullible

What an excellent episode :jonny: I almost like this more than GoT

Hmm yeah, it would be weird to see Alicen't suddenly hyper

motivated by vaguely mumbled sentences by an old dying man

I guess she'll just add it to the pile of reasons she already had

Edited by Dragonfly

12 hours ago, Karla Cabello said:

starks dont have THE appeal im afraid :dancehall2:

Starks just don't have the range to serve all this pettiness and drama I fear. :alexz2:

4 hours ago, Feanor said:

I really hope they don't make the prophecy the reason for Alicent's actions on the next episode, because that'd be such a cheap cop-out :rip:

They had 8 hours and like 15 in-show years to properly build up her motives, so if these few words are what ultimately trigger her, it'd be so disappointing :gaycat6:

And damn, dragons must be really expensive to bring to screen. The way there was no dragon scene this episode, and from next episode's teaser, it looks like it'll stay this way. Would it have killed them to feature one quick scene of like Jace and/or Luce flying to King's Landing on their dragons?

The way it doesn't even feel like this is the peak era of dragons in Westeros sometimes... :gaycat6:

Also not a fan of how the show is clearly portraying the Green as the "villains" and the Blacks as the morally right "heroes".

I really hoped and expected the show to take a more nuanced and "grey" approach to both sides, especially after GRRM's comments about how it'd portray the "story of grey characters".

It wasn't by favorite episode so far, but other than these few complaints, the acting, production and costume design continue to deliver hard whew :clap3: 

How is Daemon slicing a guy’s head off in front of everyone painting them as the “heroes” :deadbanana:

2 hours ago, Cryptique said:

Omg imagine if we’d gotten the shot of Daemon after Vaemond gets his head sliced off but then the camera panned out to show Rhaenyra holding the sword :msmarvel: we were robbed a bit…

23 minutes ago, Terylee said:

"Beware the beast beneath the boards." That's what Helaena said.

Reveal hidden contents

Is she talking about blood and cheese? :dancehall2:

I was wondering about this too 

21 minutes ago, Gaia said:

How is Daemon slicing a guy’s head off in front of everyone painting them as the “heroes” :deadbanana:

It's not like Daemon killed him unprovoked. The guy called his wife a wh*re and in this world with such insults, all bets are off. 

Daemon slicing his head off was not a villainous act at all, and yes, I would argue that in this kind of world, it'd actually be considered "heroic" because he openly spit on her honor and reputation and he just defended her as her husband.

In addition to this, Daemon did it on his own accord. In the book, it's Rhaenyra who orders his death and feeds his corpse to her dragon, aka a perfect opportunity to showcase that Team Black can also be ruthless beyond just Daemon alone, but in this show version, she's just an innocent bystander, as shocked as everyone else. 

Edited by Feanor

Superb episode! :clap3: The best one so far without a doubt! 

I almost cried when Viserys appeared at the great hall. Paddy's performance was outstanding! :soda:

18 minutes ago, Feanor said:

It's not like Daemon killed him unprovoked. The guy called his wife a wh*re and in this world with such insults, all bets are off. 

Daemon slicing his head off was not a villainous act at all, and yes, I would argue that in this kind of world, it'd actually be considered "heroic" because he openly spit on her honor and reputation and he just defended her as her husband.

I.E. just like Will Smith's Oscar slap this year. 

this show just keeps getting better and better :jonny4:

two episodes left, they can't **** it up now :duca:

Not Paddy giving ATRLer with that phrasing :deadbanana4:

Edited by Itz_Dani!

3 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Not Paddy giving ATRLer with that phrasing :deadbanana4:

I am really going to miss him in the show and the press tour for Season 2, he was so fun in interviews.

2 hours ago, Cryptique said:

Let's not forget how Alicent made Helaena's life miserable by making Helaena Aegon's wife because she can't have her be married to Jace :dies:

Book readers hated how the showrunners made Alicent and Rhaenyra's characters grey.. but I'm loving it

Apparently, Alicent and Otto started a war even without the knowledge of prophecy while Rhaenyra wasnt so innocent herself like taking the Vaemond matters in her own hand and fed him to her dragon or smthn

but the book is basically a maesters compendium. a lot of details are missing, purposely erased or changed.

Is there a reason why Alicent's theme isn't on Spotify? Will we get the full OST or no? Cause music is really amazing this season.

Paddy really snatched that Supporting Actor Emmy with this episode. One of the best performances ever on GoTverse

1 minute ago, Rocket0212 said:

Is there a reason why Alicent's theme isn't on Spotify? Will we get the full OST or no? Cause music is really amazing this season.

We usually get the soundtrack shortly before or after the final episode.

19 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Paddy really snatched that Supporting Actor Emmy with this episode. One of the best performances ever on GoTverse

i feel like they are going with lead actor for Paddy. Supporting will be for Matt and the rest of the cast.

29 minutes ago, Terylee said:

We usually get the soundtrack shortly before or after the final episode.

I think for HBO shows they come out the day after the final episode! I know that is always the schedule for Westworld.

The dinner scene when Viserys is observing his family, who seem to be enjoying themselves + that gorgeous score,  ugh it has got to be my fave sequence this season thus far :monkey:

Rhaenyra pleading Viserys to defend her child’s claim was heartbreaking as well, beautiful acting done by Emma in that scene too :clap3:

1 hour ago, Karla Cabello said:

but the book is basically a maesters compendium. a lot of details are missing, purposely erased or changed.

!!!
This is why I’m not too bothered by the changes done in the show. 
The books gives us three different perspectives of the events that happened during the dance! 
It’s all up to interpretation imo!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.