• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

10 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Which one they showed?

i dont even remember but i think it was just a shot of a dragon's shadow flying above the sea which then panned into a shot of dragonstone if im remembering things correctly

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

At this point, after 8 episodes, I don’t see how a Starks prequel wouldve been worse than what we are watching. They can do a lot with the Starks and all their neighbors. Retelling King Brandon’s story wouldn’t be so corny per example. These internal targaryen fights, you easily get tired of them, and this show looks like it doesnt have the budget to match its ambitions 

:zzz:

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I still dont know why they cancelled the other game of thrones spin off. The one they shot 1 episode for

starks dont have THE appeal im afraid :dancehall2:

16 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

:zzz:

:laugh: well at least they have one viewer guaranteed 

Viserys said **** dem kids

Another episode another SLAY

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I still dont know why they cancelled the other game of thrones spin off. The one they shot 1 episode for

the pilot just wasn’t good enough. The original GOT pilot sucked too, but HBO was willing to reshoot it. The truth is George RR Martin wanted to do a Targaryen series from the beginning. There was a “bake off” where people pitched ideas for spin-offs, but HOTD always had the edge considering it has familiar locations, storylines and most importantly DRAGONS.

Wait a damn minute. Did you all notice how they totally cut one of Alicent's son from the story? I'm talking about Daeron

spacer.png

Another absolute stunner of an episode.

The performances were all on point, especially Viserys, I was honestly extremely uncomfortable watching his scenes due to the graphic nature of his illness and with the acting just selling his exhaustion so well. You could tell that every breath was an effort and pain for him.  

I think Aemond will definitely be a hated but also fan favourite character, a lot of people that were attracted to Daemon's nature at the start of the show might find themselves gravitating towards Aemond. Even Daemon himself seemed to notice their similarity when they had their little standoff. 

This episode only made me appreciate Daemon and his protectiveness for his family even more, how he defended Rhaenyra's honor and didn't wait a second to instantly crush Vaemond when he disrespected her and her children (even if his accusation of them being bastards was true). The actor playing Vaemond did a great job of making him appear to be a bitter spoiled loser. 

The biggest victory of this episode was the cinematography and direction of Catherine Goldschmidt and Geeta Vasant Patel, it appears this Geeta's first time directing a blockbuster show considering most of her previous credits are in smaller comedy shows. Catherine did Doctor Who previously. I love how both female directors knocked it out of the park this season. 

One scene in particular that I just adored was when Rhaenyra visits Viserys during the night, the shot of her approaching his bed with the thunderstorm in the distance was so haunting and sad. Emma's performance in that scene as well really stood out to me from the entire episode. Two other shots that I loved were Daemon placing the crown on Viserys's head and the focus change when Rhaenyra and Alicent watch Viserys depart from the throne room. Those were gorgeous. 

Ramin as always excelled with the music and released a brand new single. It is the track when Viserys enters the throne room, you can notice that it also includes a bit of the "Crown" theme that appears in both shows (its first appearance being the arrival of Robert & co to Winterfell).  

The next episode seems like it will be intense considering the preview seems to imply that we will only see events in King's Landing unfold as the impact of Viserys's death spreads.  

I hope people don't think Alicent's misinterpretation of his last words is the only reason she will run with Aegon's claim, she heard what she wanted to hear and knew Viserys was barely making any sense. She will probably leave out his mention of the threat from the north and the common enemy they all have. 

8 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

Wait a damn minute. Did you all notice how they totally cut one of Alicent's son from the story? I'm talking about Daeron

We still don't know what is happening with that, he should be in Oldtown as a squire and be offscreen this season. His existence seems to be confirmed with Alicent bloodline in the intro spreading into four directions (Aegon, Aemond, Halaena and Daeron).

Edited by mystery

9 minutes ago, mystery said:

We still don't know what is happening with that, he should be in Oldtown as a squire and be offscreen this season. His existence seems to be confirmed with Alicent bloodline in the intro spreading into four directions (Aegon, Aemond, Halaena and Daeron).

It's weird they didn't mention his existence. Like... will he just show up next season out of nowhere?:dies:

2 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

It's weird they didn't mention his existence. Like... will he just show up next season out of nowhere?:dies:

Probably. It would be strange to cut him since he is an important character and a big departure by the show from the book, considering it has been faithful to the core of the story. 

4 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Viserys said **** dem kids

I wish he called her Aemma one last time, it would've been the icing on the cake and a final "F- U b!tch" to Alicunt :ahh:

My God, this episode would've been nothing short of excellent if it wasn't for that final scene. I'm genuinely mad at it because I can't believe some mumbling from a dying character is gonna reignite the feud. Very poor choice there.

Paddy absolutely devoured every single second he was on screen. His entrance in the throne room was just magnificent and the way he tried to the very last to reunite the family... An amazing character, I got emotional multiple times because of him during this episode. He deserves some flower for this performance, honestly.

Loved loved loved the dinner scene. So beautiful yet so tense. As expected, Rhaenyra and Daemon's childs showed class, while Alicent's served pettiness and drama (but I mean, with a mother like that it's expected). Cackled at Haelena reading Aegon like that though, she's so pure. Aemond is scary as f*ck, looks and acts like a young Daemon (and I think Daemon thought that too when he broke the fight).

THE scene between Viserys and Rhaenyra at night during the storm……. :jonny5:  all the awards pls!!!  I just LOVE Emma’s emotional acting :clap3:

Viserys SNAPPED. Give him the Emmy because Paddy’s acting was just immaculate. He made me emotional several times (and I think we’re where we are partly because of his poor political choices) but wow everytime he was on screen felt really grand.

The last scene was… a choice definitely. After the dinner scene I was asking myself how would Alicent make it to still claim the throne for Aegon but I was no expecting THAT :skull: but anyway the GP will take it it’s not such big deal.

7 hours ago, Contessa said:

He was very ill and drugged out that he thought he was talking to Rhaenyra because the night before Rhaenyra asked him if he indeed believed in the prophecy of "The Song of Ice and Fire," which he did not get to answer then.

If you recall from an earlier episode after Viserys named young Rhaenyra his heir, Viserys told Rhaenyra the prophecy and that she was supposed to carry it with her and pass it onto her heir (and no one else was supposed to know). But because Alicent had never heard of the prophecy (cuz it was not meant for her), she is going to interpret the jumble of words ("The prince that was promised," "Aegon (he meant Aegon the Conquerer who started this prophecy)," "You (Viserys meant Rhaenyra here) must do this" etc.) the way she wants to... you can probably piece it together what she thinks Viserys meant.

If this is what happened then it’s stupid and frustrating. It can potentially have big consequences on the plot and it was caused by a confused dying man :monkey:

1 hour ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

If this is what happened then it’s stupid and frustrating. It can potentially have big consequences on the plot and it was caused by a confused dying man :monkey:

That's what happened though that's why Alicent walked away the way she did

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.