House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

8 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Time jumps and rush endings kinda ruined this season, tbh :deadbanana4: They should've changed the adult cast in episode 9 or 10 right before the season finale. That's in the best case. 

Apparently the books time jump in the same fashion the show is. Not enough material for the show to pull from.

-

:ahh: Just saw a pic from episode 8 and the king is literally falling apart.

Will Alicent catch was he has? Apparently leprecy, which is contagious!?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

On 10/6/2022 at 9:44 PM, Cersei Lannister said:

Not the Hightower kids looking crusty as hell while Alicent hasn’t aged a day after all these time skips. :lmao: Pass the skincare routine, queen! 

Apparently Rhaenyra becomes overweight and unhealthy in the books and becomes jealous of Alicents beauty. No way the show will do that to our Queen!

2 hours ago, chris1991 said:

Apparently the books time jump in the same fashion the show is. Not enough material for the show to pull from.

-

The books don’t have major time skips like this. The history book, Fire and Blood, doesn’t skip around in time as much, as it’s pretty thorough in details about the historical events, but it’s hella dry when it comes to dialogue and character moments. It reads like a literal textbook. It makes sense that they did the major time-skip, though, because there’s a 10-year period where very little happens until where we are now, The Year of the Red Spring.

2 hours ago, DirtyPony87 said:
5 hours ago, chris1991 said:

-

The books don’t have major time skips like this. The history book, Fire and Blood, doesn’t skip around in time as much, as it’s pretty thorough in details about the historical events, but it’s hella dry when it comes to dialogue and character moments. It reads like a literal textbook. It makes sense that they did the major time-skip, though, because there’s a 10-year period where very little happens until where we are now, The Year of the Red Spring.

Exactly. In the book, time jumps don't feel force, even though they're quite big and there are few events :biblio:  I expected that the series could fit the gaps with scenes from Rhaenyra & Alicent's childhood. Even much more dialogues than we saw! Instead, they didn't develop those few events, right before the Targaryen Civil War, and they put them all in rush endings. It's kinda messy if we take into account that next seasons are supposed to be battles, conflicts and action scenes 24/7 :dancehall2:

1 hour ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Exactly. In the book, time jumps don't feel force, even though they're quite big and there are few events :biblio:  I expected that the series could fit the gaps with scenes from Rhaenyra & Alicent's childhood. Even much more dialogues than we saw! Instead, they didn't develop those few events, right before the Targaryen Civil War, and they put them all in rush endings. It's kinda messy if we take into account that next seasons are supposed to be battles, conflicts and action scenes 24/7 :dancehall2:

It feels very rushed, but I also get it. They’re trying to get to the major action. I would have preferred them spreading this out for a while, but I think the general public would be bored to tears by that. And it does make sense to keep this story within 3-ish seasons. I just enjoy the lore from the books, so I would have loved it, but I have a feeling that there’d be twice as many people critiquing the show for being boring. George wanted to start the show during Jaehaerys’ reign, so the time jumps would have been even more disruptive.

Just read the leaks of episode 9 and 10:monkey: how are we expected to wait 1-2 years for the next season..

19 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Time jumps and rush endings kinda ruined this season, tbh :deadbanana4: They should've changed the adult cast in episode 9 or 10 right before the season finale. That's in the best case. 

That wouldn’t make any sense. The actual story of the Dance doesn’t start until they are adults. A full two seasons of prologue is crazy. 

Put the damn book discussions in spoilers. This is a thread on the TV SHOW. Not the books. Stop posting book information

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Arent they filming the 2nd season right now

Nope. The girls are saying they will start filming around March next year & the second season wills probs be released in about 1 or 2 years! I’m gonna go with 2 because the amount of dragon bloodshed that will happen next season is gonna require a whole lot of cgi :rip:

1 hour ago, EthaneFenty said:

Just read the leaks of episode 9 and 10:monkey: how are we expected to wait 1-2 years for the next season..

Haven’t read the leaks, kinda don’t even want to tbh cause I wanna be gagged when I watch it, even tho I’ve read the book so I have an inkling about how the season will  end & I’m dreading it already ugh :monkey:

3 hours ago, EthaneFenty said:

Same! :jonny5: The wait for the next season will be pure torture. 

22 hours ago, Terylee said:

spacer.png

He will be in the next episode.

Serving Shanaia Twain.

I just watched the first two episodes :jonny3:. I'm reminded of how much I love the westeros universe.

I think the two eps so far are stronger than the first season of GOT because they focus on a very tight group of characters instead of like 11 different storylines.

Alicent is my favorite character, she's like a mix of Sansa and Margery. I love Rhaenyra as well.

I hate, hate Daemon :pukey:. He's such an immature brat, and I have disliked the actor who plays him since his role as Prince Philip on the Crown, another character I can't stand.

4 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

First euphoria taking 2 years and now this? Hbo can rot

I mean…Game of Thrones shows with the production value….CGI, costumes, props, locations, hair/make up, extras and so on, it makes sense they take that long.

Euphoria has very few excuses, maybe the actors schedule now that they’re famous but when filming it shouldn’t take that long. Zendaya can just wake up, not brush her hair and she’s ready, Sydney just needs to show up on set push her boobs up and viola, Cassie.

The only thing that speeds up HoD is that they already know the story and where it’s going, who knows where they want to take Euphoria. 

@Tsareena

Please do something about users posting information about books in this thread. My gosh. Some of us haven’t read the books and don’t want to (while the show is airing) and the last few pages have had way too much information on what’s coming next or people’s characteristics in the books (that may be incorporated later). 

6 minutes ago, Gaia said:

@Tsareena

Please do something about users posting information about books in this thread. My gosh. Some of us haven’t read the books and don’t want to (while the show is airing) and the last few pages have had way too much information on what’s coming next or people’s characteristics in the books (that may be incorporated later). 

MTE. It's becoming unbearable. :biblio: 

11 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

MTE. It's becoming unbearable. :biblio: 

Like, there’s literally a mod note at the top of the thread saying to spoiler any book discussions and people are blatantly posting what’ll come next season, what Rhaenyra’s characteristics are in the books, etc.

everytime an episode airs there’s “this person didn’t do xxx in the books.” Like :skull: 

I love that there’s a community on this forum for ASOIAF but I’m about to ditch this thread. Let some of us just enjoy the damn show and this thread pls :rip: 

1 minute ago, Gaia said:

Like, there’s literally a mod note at the top of the thread saying to spoiler any book discussions and people are blatantly posting what’ll come next season, what Rhaenyra’s characteristics are in the books, etc.

everytime an episode airs there’s “this person didn’t do xxx in the books.” Like :skull: 

I love that there’s a community on this forum for ASOIAF but I’m about to ditch this thread. Let some of us just enjoy the damn show and this thread pls :rip: 

Wasn't there a seperate thread for GoT books when the show was airing? Maybe we need something similiar and the mods actually handing out a few WPs so people here learn a lessor :coffee2:

On 10/7/2022 at 3:32 AM, Triton said:

Alicent is supposed to look amazing, she kept her slender figure and youthful face while Rhaenyra resented her for it as she never recovered and stayed fat from the pregnancies. Rhaenyra also gets easily mad, the writers really made her more likable in the show. 

Kinda wish the show would be brave enough to have her plot Laenor's death. It'd show a a new ruthless and determined face to her character for the conflict she already knows it's bound to happen, taking Daemon's advice who already did smth similar. It also would put a little more gray to her side, since she's been portrayed as only sympathetic so far, as compared to Alicent.

On 10/7/2022 at 10:46 PM, Liafen said:

Not older Aemond looking like a literal child and his supposedly younger brother looking almost like an uncle who's 20 years older than him :skull: 

That makes absolutely no sense. Some of the casting choices for this season are kinda wild, not gonna lie :skull:

4 hours ago, Gaia said:

:clap3:

I asked for that banner in HQ in hope that it'd discourage spoilers from being posted outside of spoiler tags, but apparently some users can't read :skull:

Maybe a spoiled HotD thread (like the one for Drag Race) would help with the situation? Idk...

Still a kii how TargaryenNation bullied the **** out of HBO, so they cancelled that Stark prequel to make this :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.