House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 3: 'The Burning Mill' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

2 hours ago, Liafen said:

Y'all [and the GP] won't be mad at all once D'Arcy mops the floor with their first scene in Ep. 6. She's serving MAJOR tour de force right out of the gate. 

Can’t wait!!!

even from the trailers alone they look like they’re going to devour :deadbanana4:

Edited by Xantalli

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

11 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Hide contents

If season one ends with Aemond/Vhagar killing Jacaerys/Vermax they're going to have covered a ton of time. My gut feeling is that will be the final scene of of the season

Spoiler

Pretty sure season 1 will end with the death of viserys in episode 9. And the setup of ageon being crowned in the finale and Rhe miscarrying.

Edited by 45seconds

11 hours ago, mokitsu said:

I think it's as good as it can be tbh

OT: i want to see more of mysaria :bird: the accent was all over the place but she has potential

Seriously? I don’t see the big age gap. They could’ve just used make up to make her look older. I love the current actress. Her face is so interesting.

But I understand the order of things. I’m not sure you do. – If you mean to illicit some anger from me you should know that you’re failing Princess. – Quite the opposite! Whether it’s to my daughter or to someone else’s your father will remarry, sooner than late. His new wife will produce new heirs and chances are, better than not, that one of those will be male, and when that boy comes of age and your father has passed, the men of the realm will expect him to be heir, not you. Because that is the order of things.

Atrl GIF - Atrl - Discover & Share GIFs

I hope they give us some Corlys and Rhaenys scenes, I love them together

The king being the stupidest of them all is kinda iconic :dies: funny that pretty much everyone around seem to think or at least act as he's not. Announcing the marriage in the worst way possible :deadbanana4: not timing nor setting, he could at least wait a few months and pretend to entertain Corlys Velaryon and then, maybe, smooth things out between Rhaenyra and Alicent?

Also if the 'end' of the bloodline is that fragile why wouldn't he choose to marry Rhaenyra instead and have her have her own babies? She could produce an heir and then that would also smooth things out about her claim to the throne as she would be seen as a 'temporary' queen like Cersei, then she could take full control once there.

Probably because his promise is not as honest as he claims, I feel he will turn on her the moment a heir is born.

I realized this episode is the first time we left King's Landing, in GOT everyone got their way pretty much in the second episode.

4 hours ago, mokitsu said:
But I understand the order of things. I’m not sure you do. – If you mean to illicit some anger from me you should know that you’re failing Princess. – Quite the opposite! Whether it’s to my daughter or to someone else’s your father will remarry, sooner than late. His new wife will produce new heirs and chances are, better than not, that one of those will be male, and when that boy comes of age and your father has passed, the men of the realm will expect him to be heir, not you. Because that is the order of things.

Atrl GIF - Atrl - Discover & Share GIFs

This was the best scene of the episode. 

atrl-sky-diving.gif

Dragonstone looked cool but that small exchange was everything this universe should be.

atrl-sky-diving.gif

5 hours ago, 45seconds said:
  Hide contents

Pretty sure season 1 will end with the death of viserys in episode 9. And the setup of ageon being crowned in the finale and Rhe miscarrying.

The final episode is titled The Black Queen and in one of the teasers you see Rhaenys wearing armor while walking out of the war room at Dragonstone with "her" grandkids. So I think Rhaenyra has already given birth to Visenya at that point and has been crowned by Daemon. But they may end up opening with Storm's End in season two

10 hours ago, mystery said:

Because they mostly are a small family at this point. It expands once these current characters have kids. 

Living Targaryens at the time of Episode 2:
King Viserys I Targaryen
Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (only child and named heir of King Viserys and Aemma Arryn)
Prince Daemon Targaryen (brother of Viserys)
Princess Rhaenys Targaryen (cousin of Viserys, married into Velaryon family)
Leana Velaryon (has Targaryen blood from her mother Rhaenys)
Leanor Velaryon (has Targaryen blood from his mother Rhaenys)

Archmaester Vaegon Targaryen (uncle of Rhaenys and Viserys, sworn to the maesters, has no claim to the throne) 
Saera Targaryen (aunt of Rhaenys and Viserys, banished from the Seven Kingdoms, had no legitimate children)

By the end of the season this will expand to:

Reveal hidden contents

King Viserys I Targaryen
Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (heir of King Viserys and Aemma Arryn)
Prince Jacaerys Velaryon (son and heir of Rhaenyra and her husband Leanor)
Prince Lucerys Velaryon
Prince Joffrey Velaryon

Prince Aegon Targaryen (first son of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen (first child of Aegon and his sister Helaena)
Princess Jaehaera Targaryen (second child of Aegon and his sister Helaena)
Prince Maelor Targaryen (third child of Aegon and his sister Helaena)

Princess Helaena Targaryen (second child of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Prince Aemond Targaryen (third child of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Prince Daeron Targaryen (fourth child of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Rhaena Targaryen (daughter of Daemon and twin of Baela)
Baela Targaryen (daughter of Daemon and twin of Rhaena)

Princess Rhaenys Targaryen (married into Velaryon family)
Leana Velaryon (first child of Rhaenys, has Targaryen blood from her mother Rhaenys)
Leanor Velaryon (second child of Rhaenys, has Targaryen blood from his mother Rhaenys)

Archmaester Vaegon Targaryen (uncle of Rhaenys and Viserys sworn to the maesters, has no claim to the throne) 
Saera Targaryen (aunt of Rhaenys and Viserys, banished from the Seven Kingdoms, had no legitimate children)

Do you think Vaegon and Saera will show up or they'll leave them out? As far as I remember from the book they were both pretty inconsequential after the Great Council

52 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

This was the best scene of the episode. 

atrl-sky-diving.gif

Dragonstone looked cool but that small exchange was everything this universe should be.

atrl-sky-diving.gif

Hide contents

The final episode is titled The Black Queen and in one of the teasers you see Rhaenys wearing armor while walking out of the war room at Dragonstone with "her" grandkids. So I think Rhaenyra has already given birth to Visenya at that point and has been crowned by Daemon. But they may end up opening with Storm's End in season two

Spoiler

I can see that but that feels like such a break neck pace to be moving at. I’d have assumed that viserys dies at the end here and her first son dies somewhere in season two at storms end.l followed by the kings son somewhere towards the finale. 

10 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Hide contents

Do you think Vaegon and Saera will show up or they'll leave them out? As far as I remember from the book they were both pretty inconsequential after the Great Council

At the start of the Dance, Daeron is in Oldtown so we might get a Vaegon appearance but I doubt it. Saera is definitely not appearing.

On 8/30/2022 at 1:00 PM, mystery said:

Because they mostly are a small family at this point. It expands once these current characters have kids. 

Living Targaryens at the time of Episode 2:
King Viserys I Targaryen
Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (only child and named heir of King Viserys and Aemma Arryn)
Princess Rhaenys Targaryen (cousin of Viserys, married into Velaryon family)
Leana Velaryon (has Targaryen blood from her mother Rhaenys)
Leanor Velaryon (has Targaryen blood from his mother Rhaenys)

Archmaester Vaegon Targaryen (uncle of Rhaenys and Viserys, sworn to the maesters, has no claim to the throne) 

By the end of the season this will expand to:

Reveal hidden contents

King Viserys I Targaryen
Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (heir of King Viserys and Aemma Arryn)
Prince Jacaerys Velaryon (son and heir of Rhaenyra and her husband Leanor)
Prince Lucerys Velaryon
Prince Joffrey Velaryon

Prince Aegon Targaryen (first son of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen (first child of Aegon and his sister Helaena)
Princess Jaehaera Targaryen (second child of Aegon and his sister Helaena)
Prince Maelor Targaryen (third child of Aegon and his sister Helaena)

Princess Helaena Targaryen (second child of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Prince Aemond Targaryen (third child of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Prince Daeron Targaryen (fourth child of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Rhaena Targaryen (daughter of Daemon and twin of Baela)
Baela Targaryen (daughter of Daemon and twin of Rhaena)

Princess Rhaenys Targaryen (married into Velaryon family)
Leana Velaryon (first child of Rhaenys, has Targaryen blood from her mother Rhaenys)
Leanor Velaryon (second child of Rhaenys, has Targaryen blood from his mother Rhaenys)

Archmaester Vaegon Targaryen (uncle of Rhaenys and Viserys sworn to the maesters, has no claim to the throne) 

God these names :deadbanana2: the GP will struggle to keep up with who’s who :jonny5:

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

God these names :deadbanana2: the GP will struggle to keep up with who’s who :jonny5:

When I watched it with my roommate, I told him "Just a heads up, there's a Rhaenyra, a Rhaenys, and a Rhaena in this show."  He said "I already forgot every name you just said." :rip: 

10 minutes ago, Miles. said:

When I watched it with my roommate, I told him "Just a heads up, there's a Rhaenyra, a Rhaenys, and a Rhaena in this show."  He said "I already forgot every name you just said." :rip: 

I think it'll help they all look different enough. Rhaenys is an older woman and Rhaena is mixed-race. Plus everyone already knows who Rhaenyra is.

Plus, let's be honest. The GP is here to see dragons roar and sword fights :rip: I doubt they could name a lot of the characters from the original series if you asked

Edited by ShouldersSideways

21 hours ago, ShyGuy said:

The king being the stupidest of them all is kinda iconic :dies: funny that pretty much everyone around seem to think or at least act as he's not. Announcing the marriage in the worst way possible :deadbanana4: not timing nor setting, he could at least wait a few months and pretend to entertain Corlys Velaryon and then, maybe, smooth things out between Rhaenyra and Alicent?

Also if the 'end' of the bloodline is that fragile why wouldn't he choose to marry Rhaenyra instead and have her have her own babies? She could produce an heir and then that would also smooth things out about her claim to the throne as she would be seen as a 'temporary' queen like Cersei, then she could take full control once there.

Probably because his promise is not as honest as he claims, I feel he will turn on her the moment a heir is born.

I realized this episode is the first time we left King's Landing, in GOT everyone got their way pretty much in the second episode.

Trust, Rhaenyra will get married:gaycat: But her messy ass will do something incredibly stupid which will make her claim to throne weaker than it already is (weak - as in her being a girl).

I don't wanna spoil anything so I'm not gonna say nothing about Viserys / Rhaenyra relationship after the male heir is born

Rhaenys would have been much better with baratheon hair, it could've also added some mistery around Rhaenyra's future babies with Laenor, a shame...

The way the Targaryen Hands be plotting their downfall. A reoccurring theme :dies:

As someone who has read Fire & Blood(though I've forgotten a very large chunk of it) I'm interested to see the reaction from non readers and the gp when things start to really get going. 

1 hour ago, Xoxogossipgurl said:

As someone who has read Fire & Blood(though I've forgotten a very large chunk of it) I'm interested to see the reaction from non readers and the gp when things start to really get going. 

Blood and Cheese are coming to break the Internet :duca: 

He was the best director this franchise has had so this is kinda sad :gaycat6:

11 minutes ago, Feanor said:

He was the best director this franchise has had so this is kinda sad :gaycat6:

Apparently he’s exiting HoTD to work on another GOT spin-off. Lets see

Edited by Itz_Dani!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.