House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 3: 'The Burning Mill' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Rhaenyra and Alicent's tarnished relationship makes me so sad. They deserved better. :weeps:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

9 minutes ago, Venom said:

Any type of Rhaenyra vs Daenerys discussion isn't even worth it since they're about to swap out Rhaenyra's actress any minute now.

Emma might stomp as well but that remains to be seen.

Also, Emma and Milly look too different from each other

At least the Alicent actresses look somewhat alike. 

People are going to be pissed about the change, but it's going to make sense in terms of the story. Rhaenyra all grown up is quite a different person to the young Realm's Delight Rhaenyra. 

I just hope Emma D'Arcy doesn't get a bunch of online hate when the switch happens. The fans are going to want Emma to be some beautiful Targaryen princess in real life and thats not their vibe.

I hear Ramsay Bolton every time Daemon/Matt Smith speaks. :doc:

29 minutes ago, Venom said:

Any type of Rhaenyra vs Daenerys discussion isn't even worth it since they're about to swap out Rhaenyra's actress any minute now.

Emma might stomp as well but that remains to be seen.

At least the Alicent actresses look somewhat alike. 

I feel everyone will love this young Rhaenyra, especially with Milly nailing it, then when the switch happens, the Alicent character will really take off with Olivia Cooke murdering it.  Rhaenyra will definitely be more cold and stern and Alicent probably a cunning Cersei/Margeary hybrid. 

9 hours ago, Mariah's Glove said:

I feel like this is combining the fast moving spectacle elements of the late GOT seasons while still maintaining the political drama aspects of the early season quite well. 

it’s clear they are trying to advance the story to the more exciting and dramatic points quite quickly (with the time jumps), but they are still giving enough time to allow you to get to know each character really well in only just two episodes. 

the dragon stone scene was just :jonny: the atmosphere, the music and the acting were all just incredible 

also Caraxes ATE. I love how nasty and evil they made him look. The dragon design is incredible, so much better than copying and pasting Drogon and changing colors.  

The thing is that the war itself is a long ass tale in of itself. They can’t actually move slowly. 

20 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

People are going to be pissed about the change, but it's going to make sense in terms of the story. Rhaenyra all grown up is quite a different person to the young Realm's Delight Rhaenyra. 

I just hope Emma D'Arcy doesn't get a bunch of online hate when the switch happens. The fans are going to want Emma to be some beautiful Targaryen princess in real life and thats not their vibe.

1 minute ago, Triton said:

I feel everyone will love this young Rhaenyra, especially with Milly nailing it, then when the switch happens, the Alicent character will really take off with Olivia Cooke murdering it.  Rhaenyra will definitely be more cold and stern and Alicent probably a cunning Cersei/Margeary hybrid. 

As someone who hasn’t read the books, I’m excited to see this switch. Especially hearing that the characters will basically become more cutthroat in opposing ways to how they are now. ? 

2 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

The thing is that the war itself is a long ass tale in of itself. They can’t actually move slowly. 

If season one ends with Aemond/Vhagar killing Jacaerys/Vermax they're going to have covered a ton of time. My gut feeling is that will be the final scene of of the season

40 minutes ago, Venom said:

I think it's as good as it can be tbh

OT: i want to see more of mysaria :bird: the accent was all over the place but she has potential

Edited by mokitsu

3 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

OT: i want to see more of mysaria :bird: the accent was all over the place but she has potential

Oh ok werk.

They do look similar here.

I absolutely love Milly's performance but I'm very excited to see Emma take over after the time skip?

I think they look SO alike with the wigs on and it will definitely make for an interesting character development from the young and rebellious princess to the stern and cold queen. 

If the actress is anywhere as good I think this could be glorious. And she does seem promising from the trailers. 

Yeah Milly would truly blow up if she was staying for the whole season. She's killing it and has huge appeal

6 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

This is really much better than I thought it would be but I'm not sure if ppl will root for the two main character once they

Reveal hidden contents

get married

Now it seems really wrong cause Milly looks too young for him but maybe when they'll switch the actresses

Are they going to introduce more Targaryens? It seems like a very small family at this point.

4 hours ago, Triton said:

I hear Ramsay Bolton every time Daemon/Matt Smith speaks. :doc:

I’m not the only one 

The praise Milly is getting is quite insane. Deserved, but insane.

6 hours ago, mokitsu said:

Exactly. The casting director SLAYED 

2 hours ago, @michael said:

Are they going to introduce more Targaryens? It seems like a very small family at this point.

They will but they'll be the offsprings of these current characters so lol

2 hours ago, @michael said:

Because they mostly are a small family at this point. It expands once these current characters have kids. 

Living Targaryens at the time of Episode 2:
King Viserys I Targaryen
Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (only child and named heir of King Viserys and Aemma Arryn)
Prince Daemon Targaryen (brother of Viserys)
Princess Rhaenys Targaryen (cousin of Viserys, married into Velaryon family)
Leana Velaryon (has Targaryen blood from her mother Rhaenys)
Leanor Velaryon (has Targaryen blood from his mother Rhaenys)

Archmaester Vaegon Targaryen (uncle of Rhaenys and Viserys, sworn to the maesters, has no claim to the throne) 
Saera Targaryen (aunt of Rhaenys and Viserys, banished from the Seven Kingdoms, had no legitimate children)

By the end of the season this will expand to:

King Viserys I Targaryen
Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen (heir of King Viserys and Aemma Arryn)
Prince Jacaerys Velaryon (son and heir of Rhaenyra and her husband Leanor)
Prince Lucerys Velaryon
Prince Joffrey Velaryon

Prince Aegon Targaryen (first son of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen (first child of Aegon and his sister Helaena)
Princess Jaehaera Targaryen (second child of Aegon and his sister Helaena)
Prince Maelor Targaryen (third child of Aegon and his sister Helaena)

Princess Helaena Targaryen (second child of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Prince Aemond Targaryen (third child of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Prince Daeron Targaryen (fourth child of King Viserys and Alicent Hightower, half brother to Rhaenyra)
Prince Daemon Targaryen (brother of Viserys)
Rhaena Targaryen (daughter of Daemon and twin of Baela)
Baela Targaryen (daughter of Daemon and twin of Rhaena)

Princess Rhaenys Targaryen (married into Velaryon family)
Leana Velaryon (first child of Rhaenys, has Targaryen blood from her mother Rhaenys)
Leanor Velaryon (second child of Rhaenys, has Targaryen blood from his mother Rhaenys)

Archmaester Vaegon Targaryen (uncle of Rhaenys and Viserys sworn to the maesters, has no claim to the throne) 
Saera Targaryen (aunt of Rhaenys and Viserys, banished from the Seven Kingdoms, had no legitimate children)

Edited by mystery

I get why they have to do a time skip but I wish Milly was the only Rhaenyra, I really love her in the role :gaycat6:

Y'all [and the GP] won't be mad at all once D'Arcy mops the floor with their first scene in Ep. 6. She's serving MAJOR tour de force right out of the gate. 

2 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

How many episodes will this season have? 

Ten episodes like a standard Game of Thrones season! In fact this will be the longest season of any show set in this universe yet. 

House of the Dragon Season 1 - 618 minutes

Game of Thrones Season 1 - 567 minutes 

Game of Thrones Season 5 - 563 minutes

Game of Thrones Season 6 - 562 minutes 

Game of Thrones Season 3 - 558 minutes 
Game of Thrones Season 2 - 549 minutes
Game of Thrones Season 4 - 545 minutes 

Game of Thrones Season 7 - 440 minutes 

Game of Thrones Season 8 - 430 minutes

:toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.