• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

1 hour ago, SpankGangsta said:

Alicent is just snooze two faced *****

I don't think that is a fair assessment of Alicent as of right now. She is a child forced in a game she doesn't seem to have an actual desire to play. 

Otto pushed her into all of this and we can see from her conversations with him that she doesn't really want to be meeting up with the king all the time. Not only that but the king demanded of her that she kept her conversations with him from his daughter who is her best friend, which immediately sets up a rift between them. 

Her fear of Rhaenyra's reaction at the end is pretty clear as well with her finger picking manifesting again. 

Book spoilers:

I think Alicent and her transformation into a more sinister and cunning character is going to be really tragic actually. Her father forces her to seduce the king who is the father of her best friend. Their friendship starts falling apart due to this. Once she has a child, that child becomes a threat to Rhaenyra's inheritance and Alicent who is a mother now wants to protect her children.

The years of manipulation by Otto and the fear of what Rhaenyra might do once the king is gone set in fully, along with the power she gains over the court in Rhaenyra's absence leads to her being twisted into a much much different person than she was when it all started. 

In the end she is one of the few people who survive this entire conflict. She is imprisoned and confined to a single tower, all of her children and grandchildren dead. Her former best friend turned enemy is dead, her child sits on the throne. She is forced to relive her sins every single day until she dies alone. Even though at the very start she never wanted any of it, the world around her corrupted her to want it over time.

What an incredible episode. The dialogue was particularly strong. They've really nailed this so far. :clap3:

What a great start this show had. Both episodes were great and i'm really engaged with the characters.

Rhaenys is giving me Lady Olenna energy and I'm loving it. 

So far she is one of my favorite characters. The Queen Who Should Have Been.

FbUkmhaXwAADrWZ?format=jpg&name=medium

I feel like Eve Best (Princess Rhaenys) and the actor that plays Otto Hightower are sure bets for Emmy nominations for best supporting actress and best supporting actors.

53 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

What a great start this show had. Both episodes were great and i'm really engaged with the characters.

dilo amorch!

I wanna see more of Ser Criston :gaycat2:

But what an amazing episode, kinda glad he didn't wed the 12 year old, was so uncomfortable watching that

Such a great episode! 

Better than one. 

Didn't care about the intro, I think is correct to have the samebas GoT but maybe a few new arrangements would be better! 

I just want to binge the whole thing altogether at once :jonny5:

if last night was the least interesting episode, I can’t wait for what’s to come :jonny5: 

such a great episode. whew. it really feels like prestige television is BACK. besides the cunning and intellect, the show is so gorgeous to look at, even more than GOT. every shot is curated to perfection.

my highlight of the show was that scene with rhaenys and rhaenerys. definitely the most interesting characters to me. daemon has such gravitas, he FEELS truly evil, there's just something so unpredictable and venomous to him.

Wow, another solid episode. I like the fact they’re wasting no time and fast paced but not rushed.

I don’t mind the opening theme, it brings back memory. The visual tho, I barely see a thing.

Episode was good, but I had my gripes with it. The title sequence was extremely disappointing. The pacing seemed off. The way they were transitioning from scene-to-scene in the first half of the episode was sloppy and rushed. They’re speeding through the material, but I’m guessing they want to get to the exciting parts, so I get it. I do want to see parties continue to split up a little bit more so we can get more and more perspectives that aren’t in the same location for the entire episode.

Another fantastic episode.  Love that they're going slow and taking the time to really flesh things out and develop the characters.  The scene with Rhaenyra and Alicent praying was great, the scene with Rhaenys giving Rhaenyra advice was phenomenal, even showing how the relationship between Viserys and Alicent develops (as icky as that is) was really well done.  

The acting is already GIVING.  Milly once again cooked, seasoned, served, and DEVOURED every scene she was in.  When she showed up at Dragonstone, WHEW, what a moment!  Rhys Ifans has already made Otto into one of the most loathsome creatures in the GOT universe in only two episodes.  Steve Toussaint left us GAGGED in the final scene when the camera panned out and it was revealed he was speaking to Daemon.  Eve Best gobbled up her moment with Rhaenyra.  Even Emily Carey was better this ep.  

Criston :jonny5::jonny5: :jonny5:  If I was Rhaenyra I would run away with him and live happily ever after in Dorne.

Mysaria was giving Shae (in a bad way) but hopefully her character develops soon.

Can't wait to see Daemon and Corlys fight the Crabfeeder next ep!

Edited by Miles.

16 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Episode was good, but I had my gripes with it. The title sequence was extremely disappointing. The pacing seemed off. The way they were transitioning from scene-to-scene in the first half of the episode was sloppy and rushed. They’re speeding through the material, but I’m guessing they want to get to the exciting parts, so I get it. I do want to see parties continue to split up a little bit more so we can get more and more perspectives that aren’t in the same location for the entire episode.

Same here. Honestly it felt rushed and like a filler episode at the same time. I miss the world building of the original show. 

Spoiler

For instance it's the second time they mention the free cities without showing them. 

Matt Smith as Deamon is great and all but his evil journey is too quick. Even his paramour seemed blindsighded by his plan (WTF did she think was happening on that bridge though?!). 

Also the new dragons are hideous and they don't look majestic Imo. They should have ditched the power rangers like color coding because it doesn't transpire great visually. Maybe i'm nitpicking here but why are soldiers still surprised to see them in a world were it must be regular thing?

That being said this show still trumps anything on my TV right now. The court dynamics alone are helluva entertaining.

I expected a new score for the title sequence given the budget. Also the animation has a lot of blood but not a sparkle of fire. It's a missed opportunity i think.

9 minutes ago, tigalion said:
  Hide contents

Matt Smith as Deamon is great and all but his evil journey is too quick. Even his paramour seemed blindsighded by his plan (WTF did she think was happening on that bridge though?!). 

Also the new dragons are hideous and they don't look majestic Imo. They should have ditched the power rangers like color coding because it doesn't transpire great visually. Maybe i'm nitpicking here but why are soldiers still surprised to see them in a world were it must be regular thing?

There is more to Daemon than meets the eye at first. As for the dragons Caraxes is meant to be deformed looking given his nickname "The Blood Wyrm" you can see that they made an effort to reflect that with his snake like neck. The design brings me back a bit to Smaug from the Hobbit. I personally think Syrax looks gorgeous and that they nailed the coloring for the dragons so far.

This is a big breath of fresh air compared to Game of Thrones where they just copied one design on three dragons with slight color variations and called it a day. The different breeds, colors and types of roars go a long way to give the dragons personality and makes them all feel unique. I feel like the colors are a realistic take on their book descriptions and not too much.

6 minutes ago, mystery said:

There is more to Daemon than meets the eye at first. As for the dragons Caraxes is meant to be deformed looking given his nickname "The Blood Wyrm" you can see that they made an effort to reflect that with his snake like neck. The design brings me back a bit to Smaug from the Hobbit. I personally think Syrax looks gorgeous and that they nailed the coloring for the dragons so far.

This is a big breath of fresh air compared to Game of Thrones where they just copied one design on three dragons with slight color variations and called it a day. The different breeds, colors and types of roars go a long way to give the dragons personality and makes them all feel unique. I feel like the colors are a realistic take on their book descriptions and not too much.

Thx. I'll wait to see what Daemon's all about then. Same for the dragons.

34 minutes ago, Miles. said:

Criston :jonny5::jonny5: :jonny5:  If I was Rhaenyra I would run away with him and live happily ever after in Dorne.

I know what you mean, sis :WAP: He's such a baby :weeps::heart:

My favourite scene was when the Council finds out that Daemon has stolen a dragon egg and they read his letter. I literally felt chills when Rhaenyra asked which dragon belonged the egg to and the dragonkeeper answered "Dreamfyre" :jonnycat:

51 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

My favourite scene was when the Council finds out that Daemon has stolen a dragon egg and they read his letter. I literally felt chills when Rhaenyra asked which dragon belonged the egg to and the dragonkeeper answered "Dreamfyre" :jonnycat:

I am excited to see how they approach Dreamfyre given that it is heavily theorized that the three dragon eggs stolen from Dragonstone by Rhaena Targaryen's friend and sold in Braavos are the eggs that end up with Daenerys.

Definitely agree about that scene being a standout, there was an intensity to it with the music and how Milly delivered the lines.

This episode!!  :jonny2:

I think the only thing I felt rushed was Visery's announcing he's to marry Alicent. A few more scenes between these two could've helped to understand. 

Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower is doing an incredible job. I also really liked the scene between Rhaenys and Rhaenyra. 

Oh and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Caraxes' fugly design. 

I feel like this is combining the fast moving spectacle elements of the late GOT seasons while still maintaining the political drama aspects of the early season quite well. 

it’s clear they are trying to advance the story to the more exciting and dramatic points quite quickly (with the time jumps), but they are still giving enough time to allow you to get to know each character really well in only just two episodes. 

the dragon stone scene was just :jonny: the atmosphere, the music and the acting were all just incredible 

also Caraxes ATE. I love how nasty and evil they made him look. The dragon design is incredible, so much better than copying and pasting Drogon and changing colors.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.