House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

16 minutes ago, mystery said:

If they wanted to use the original theme again they at least could have sent it to Ramin to give it a Targaryen remix. This could have worked as well: 

Ramin is still doing the music for this show. I’m sure he would’ve remixed it if the producers asked 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

6 minutes ago, yonsé said:

Ramin is still doing the music for this show. I’m sure he would’ve remixed it if the producers asked 

That is what i meant yeah, his soundtrack for Episode 1 was excellent and even the closing track (Prince That Was Promised) could have worked as a title theme if shortened. 

Edited by mystery

46 minutes ago, mystery said:

I get what they were going for with the blood representing the Targaryen/Valyrian bloodline and the family tree, as well as the model Valyria, but this intro is so disappointing. Instead of doing a new main theme they sped up the old one and chopped it up a bit (you can hear parts where it skips the melody). It is a mess. 

They have all those details in the gears relating to each branch of the family tree but the shots cut them so fast. 

I heard from reddit that this leak was sped-up so the problem with the melody and the details from the gears is explained, but I'm also really disappointed with this intro, I was expecting something BIG, new theme, dragons... not some blood flowing. I would really like to see the Targaryens sigil in KL since it didn't happen in the original, though I didn't wan't them to recycle the GOT opening.

But well, as long as the show continues to be as good as it has been it's all fine by me

4 minutes ago, sandman said:

I heard from reddit that this leak was sped-up so the problem with the melody and the details from the gears is explained, but I'm also really disappointed with this intro, I was expecting something BIG, new theme, dragons... not some blood flowing. I would really like to see the Targaryens sigil in KL since it didn't happen in the original, though I didn't wan't them to recycle the GOT opening.

But well, as long as the show continues to be as good as it has been it's all fine by me

Maybe we will get used to it once more shows come out and it turns into more of a general "A Song of Ice and Fire" theme, instead of just the Game of Thrones theme. 

43 minutes ago, mystery said:

If they wanted to use the original theme again they at least could have sent it to Ramin to give it a Targaryen remix. This could have worked as well: 

this would’ve been better 

Episode 2 leaked in full. 

I like the idea with the Targaryen bloodline but the execution is not it. You can hardly see anything. And the music...well it's nice to hear the old theme but they should have given it a Targaryen flavour.

Some thoughts on the episode: 

This episode felt like classic Game of Thrones. It took its time and allowed its characters to interact, even in a minor way. You truly feel like the Red Keep is a living and breathing world which I love. Because they built the full set you are also able to follow the characters as they walk through it and remember the layout of it slightly. 

Loved Leana's curiosity about Vhagar considering she will be the one to claim her soon enough, it also adds an element of anticipation for her first appearance. I also can't stress enough how amazing the confrontation scene between Daemon and Rhaenyra on Dragonstone was, you truly feel like there is a connection between them that will eventually grow and his soft spot for her is obvious. The cinematography and lighting in that scene was also quite stunning. 

I also appreciate the scene with Rhaenyra and Alicent praying in the sept, for some reason the atmosphere of it reminded me of the mystical and larger than life feeling you get when reading The World of Ice and Fire and how it approaches the Targaryens as these larger than life god like figures.

The sound effects that they have for Caraxes and his snarls & roars, it really makes him feel different. The entire episode was enhanced a lot by the sound effects and the mixing of noises in the background. Birds chirping and flying above as Rhaenyra chooses the next Kingsguard member, the crickets during the dinner with her and Viserys, the worshippers/nuns singing songs in the holy sept as Alicent and Rhaenyra pray. I just loved it. 

Of course I also have to mention the music. Ramin is stepping UP this season and didn't come to play at all. It looks like we have a defined theme for Rhaenyra (the song that plays when she is carried to the Red Keep in Episode 1) it repeats again when she arrives with Syrax to Dragonstone. I also loved the slightly techno sounding theme that starts when she departs. There are also hints of a Velayron theme when they speak with Viserys and when Corlys speaks to Daemon at the end. A kind of "main theme" for the show is also hinted with Prince That Was Promised which plays in a new variation for the end credits. 

Edited by mystery

Not me entering the thread hoping to see it leaked so I can watch it now (super busy day tomorrow) and yes it ******* leaked :jonny4:

I really have no idea how people find leaked things these days :chick1:
Guess ill just have to wait for tomorrow :chick1:

I just watched the opening once again and I didn't understand a f***ing sh*t :deadbanana4: I had low expectations but wow... :rip:

Episode 2 felt like a classic pre season 5 GOT episode but darker and more atmospheric. I love how complex and understated the main characters are so far. Not even peak GOT had this level of sophistication imo

20 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

I just watched the opening once again and I didn't understand a f***ing sh*t :deadbanana4: I had low expectations but wow... :rip:

Actually I have changed my mind completely, there is so much to unpack in the intro. 

Blood of the Dragon

0:00
First gear:
Aegon the Conqueror  

0:13
Second and third gear:
his sisters Visenya and Rhaenys Targaryen

Visenya's line ends with Maegor's death, Rhaenys line is followed to

0:20

Fourth gear:
their son Aenys Targaryen
his line splits into two (only two children whose line continued) 

0:26
Fifth and sixth gear:
Jaehaerys and Alyssane (children of Aenys)

they produce nine children who live past infancy, the nine lines continue into separate ways, we follow the blood to

0:34
Seventh and eighth gear:
Baelon and Alyssa (siblings)

they produce two lines Viserys and Daemon

0:50
Eighth and ninth gear:
Viserys and Aemma
(Aemma is added as a gear because her mother is the daughter of Jaehaerys and Alyssane, she died at childbirth)

their line combines into one with their only child
there is a quick glimpse at a second line starting from Viserys

1:09
Tenth gear:
Rhaenyra Targaryen

I love the intro :rip: and I'm kind of glad they kept the GoT theme because the GP would have dragged it if they didn't use it. 

3 hours ago, mystery said:

Episode 2 leaked in full. 

Thank goodness. Very busy day tomorrow so lemme just watch it real quick. 

Not me thinking Rhae and Alicent were girlfriends hiding their affection..

4 hours ago, mystery said:

Actually I have changed my mind completely, there is so much to unpack in the intro. 

Blood of the Dragon

Hide contents

0:00
First gear:
Aegon the Conqueror  

0:13
Second and third gear:
his sisters Visenya and Rhaenys Targaryen

Visenya's line ends with Maegor's death, Rhaenys line is followed to

0:20

Fourth gear:
their son Aenys Targaryen
his line splits into two (only two children whose line continued) 

0:26
Fifth and sixth gear:
Jaehaerys and Alyssane (children of Aenys)

they produce nine children who live past infancy, the nine lines continue into separate ways, we follow the blood to

0:34
Seventh and eighth gear:
Baelon and Alyssa (siblings)

they produce two lines Viserys and Daemon

0:50
Eighth and ninth gear:
Viserys and Aemma
(Aemma is added as a gear because her mother is the daughter of Jaehaerys and Alyssane, she died at childbirth)

their line combines into one with their only child
there is a quick glimpse at a second line starting from Viserys

1:09
Tenth gear:
Rhaenyra Targaryen

Oh wow, thank you. I have to watch the intro again with that in mind.

I thought that they will going to use the theme which has vocals in it and is featured A LOT in Eps 1-6

Edit: It's not Prince that was Promised

Edited by Liafen

13 minutes ago, Liafen said:

I thought that they will going to use the theme which has vocals in it and is featured A LOT in Eps 1-6

Edit: It's not Prince that was Promised

Is there a specific scene in Episodes 1 and 2 with it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.