54 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Episode 2 is being leaked... :hoetenks:

what?! 

5 hours ago, Terylee said:

I think this is all that leaked.

not a 12 year old wtf :deadbanana2:

6 hours ago, Terylee said:

nnn i remember grace talking about the first scene in her review. i wonder what the reactions will be :rip:

4 hours ago, mokitsu said:

nnn i remember grace talking about the first scene in her review. i wonder what the reactions will be :rip:

I just know Twitter will be absolutely foaming. 

Not bits leaking again. Didnt they learn anything from GoT :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, PaloSanto said:

Not bits leaking again. Didnt they learn anything from GoT :deadbanana2:

Honestly it is kind of worse that there are full descriptions for the full season out there. But yeah I think going forward they will be limiting the amount of episodes given to critics. 

1 minute ago, mystery said:

Honestly it is kind of worse that there are full descriptions for the full season out there. But yeah I think going forward they will be limiting the amount of episodes given to critics. 

I mean I guess they had no choice, it was a new show. Sure hype and expectations were there but they needed good press too.

The outlines posted are fine I guess cause they were always posted on super niche places for the most part but entire episodes leaking is another story :deadbanana2:

In any case, now that I'm back from my Islamaban vacation I can rot here and stan the show every week even tho I missed all the lead up to it :gaycat3:

I'm sure first thing that'll be posted if someone gets the full episode is the intro

The show has been renewed for a second season :WAP: the impact of the first episode success

The opening has symbolism but it's kinda underwhelming

And I didn't like that they didn't make a new theme

Edited by sandman

1 hour ago, sandman said:

I have no idea what I'm looking at. Is that Dragonstone or is it the secret tunnels made by Aegor that Arya used to visit during season 1? Or neither lol

27 minutes ago, Repelex said:

I have no idea what I'm looking at. Is that Dragonstone or is it the secret tunnels made by Aegor that Arya used to visit during season 1? Or neither lol

It's the model of Valyria that you saw in Viserys' chambers, it starts with the doom of Valyria and the crown of Aegon the Conqueror, then the blood flowing represents the Targaryen family tree where the "buttons" represent the most notorious people from the family (the execution was bad because you can't really see what's in them). I think the first two are Visenya and Rhaenys, and then the blood follows Aenys, then Jaehaerys and Alyssane (the blood tree because they had a lot of children), then Viserys and Aemma (I think you can see the Arryn sigil in one of them) and the final one it's Rhaenyra (it's kinda similiar to the necklace that Daemon gave her).

My thought is that the emphasys on blood, aside from representing the family tree, is that Targaryens like to say that they are the blood of Old Valyria, and you can see that the blood comes from Valyria itself (first image) idk, just an opinion.

Edited by sandman

kind of meh but the theme still slaps. Wish it had been Targaryen-ed up a bit but I'll take it

On 8/26/2022 at 2:30 PM, Terylee said:

oh god :rip:

5 hours ago, sandman said:

I get what they were going for with the blood representing the Targaryen/Valyrian bloodline and the family tree, as well as the model Valyria, but this intro is so disappointing. Instead of doing a new main theme they sped up the old one and chopped it up a bit (you can hear parts where it skips the melody). It is a mess. 

They have all those details in the gears relating to each branch of the family tree but the shots cut them so fast. 

Edited by mystery

NOOOOOOO i hate them for using the same theme :biblionny: 

I dont get why? They put too much emphasis on the show being “a new show”, “this is not GOT” etc for now having literally the same op credits cause visually it’s still the same thing but with blood and sigils nn

If they wanted to use the original theme again they at least could have sent it to Ramin to give it a Targaryen remix. This could have worked as well: 

13 minutes ago, FlyPirate said:

NOOOOOOO i hate them for using the same theme :biblionny: 

I dont get why? They put too much emphasis on the show being “a new show”, “this is not GOT” etc for now having literally the same op credits cause visually it’s still the same thing but with blood and sigils nn

I don't really hate the theme being reused across all the shows because ultimately, just as in real medieval history, the basis is a game for the throne... but the intro itself is disappointing. i've read the books and know the world almost as well as i know real world history and very little of it clicked for me. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.