Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

2 hours ago, mokitsu said:

the backlash matt smith is getting on twitter for being ugly

when i've had a crush on him since i was 13

it wasn't supposed to be like this

https://i.imgur.com/1rafFPR.gif

I mean, he's definitely not attractive under social standars, but in motion he looks so great :WAP: he'll grow on people, I'm sure of it

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

8 hours ago, Terylee said:

I need to see Dreamfyre. I want to know if she looks like Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion.

I remember her being all cute and blue in the fanarts :heart:

The first episode was ****** amazing. I have no complaints :clap3:

1 hour ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

I remember her being all cute and blue in the fanarts :heart:

Yeah, but I wanna know if they are the same breed. Dreamfyre hat 3 eggs that got stolen from Dragonstone and sold to Essos. 

7 hours ago, orange22 said:

right?? we don’t need any spin-offs for them, they can have a b-plot cameo moment here and there & keep it pushing 

When Aly Blackwood is THAT girl that the entire GP stans a la Arya and her B plot with Cregan ends up being the fan fave and they get their own spinoff, then what

:alexz: 

Edited by Miles.

1 hour ago, Terylee said:

Yeah, but I wanna know if they are the same breed. Dreamfyre hat 3 eggs that got stolen from Dragonstone and sold to Essos. 

Yes, it would be a nice callback to GoT if they connected them. If I remember correctly, Dreamfyre bonded to one of Alicent's children after Rhaena so she will probably be very old in HoTD

10 hours ago, mokitsu said:

the backlash matt smith is getting on twitter for being ugly

when i've had a crush on him since i was 13

it wasn't supposed to be like this

https://i.imgur.com/1rafFPR.gif

The backlash the actors are getting for not  living up to the racist Targ fandom's nazi barbie'd vision of their looks is embarrassingly sad because at the end of the day the performances are what gonna hold the show together. Just look at emilia Clarke sticking out like a sore thumb in GOT because of her CW'd looks AND CW'd acting talent!

People starting to stan the Rhaenyra actress, when she will be replaced by an older actress in a few episodes and will never see her again...

1 hour ago, ElleDriver said:

The backlash the actors are getting for not  living up to the racist Targ fandom's nazi barbie'd vision of their looks is embarrassingly sad because at the end of the day the performances are what gonna hold the show together. Just look at emilia Clarke sticking out like a sore thumb in GOT because of her CW'd looks AND CW'd acting talent!

What? :rip: 

Emilia's portrayal of Daenerys, or at least the show version of the character, has been nothing short of amazing and is the reason why there's a big 'Targ fandom' and HOTD was made in the first place. She became the favorite of millions of watchers worldwide and quite literally a cultural phenomenon to the point the actress is so coincident with the character that nobody else could play Daenerys again without it feeling 'wrong'. 

I do agree that the discussion around the Targaryens' looks in HOTD is foolish now because I think they're all doing great at portraying the characters from what we've seen so far. Matt Smith is slaying as Daemon and so are Rhaenys and young Rhaenyra. Not 100% sold on Viserys but he's okay too he won't be around for long anyway

4 time Emmy nominee Emilia Clarke remains unbothered :gaycat4:

2 hours ago, ElleDriver said:

Just look at emilia Clarke sticking out like a sore thumb in GOT because of her CW'd looks AND CW'd acting talent!

I'm sorry? Emilia Clarke is insanely talented and her performance is the only thing that managed to even remotely sell Daenerys going mad when she is about to destroy Kings Landing.

NiceUnitedAmethystgemclam-size_restricted.gif

Her ability to sell Valyrian to the audience realistically is one of the reasons this show exists, her acting in this scene alone sold the mythology of the Targaryens and Daenerys as a character to root for.

As for her looks Emilia is gorgeous and perfectly cast as Daenerys. She embodies her as no one else could.

original.gif

2 hours ago, ElleDriver said:

Just look at emilia Clarke sticking out like a sore thumb in GOT because of her CW'd looks AND CW'd acting talent!

Imagine typing this out, let alone pressing 'submit'. :rip:

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

What? :rip: 

Emilia's portrayal of Daenerys, or at least the show version of the character, has been nothing short of amazing and is the reason why there's a big 'Targ fandom' and HOTD was made in the first place. She became the favorite of millions of watchers worldwide and quite literally a cultural phenomenon to the point the actress is so coincident with the character that nobody else could play Daenerys again without it feeling 'wrong'. 

I do agree that the discussion around the Targaryens' looks in HOTD is foolish now because I think they're all doing great at portraying the characters from what we've seen so far. Matt Smith is slaying as Daemon and so are Rhaenys and young Rhaenyra. Not 100% sold on Viserys but he's okay too he won't be around for long anyway

clear it :clap3:

Daenerys remains the most iconic character of the GoT universe and the public agrees :clap3:

7 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Imagine typing this out, let alone pressing 'submit'. :rip:

What does CW’d mean

1 minute ago, Jack. said:

What does CW’d mean

It's a television network that is notorious for low quality shows and performances. Think Riverdale and the knock-off Charmed reboot.

LUVing the clocks :flame:

_

• ATRL Moderator

They got me gal

87bTioi.gif

3 hours ago, Héloïse said:

clear it :clap3:

Daenerys remains the most iconic character of the GoT universe and the public agrees :clap3:

Emilia's acting wasnt as bad as that user said, but if Daenerys and Jon Snow have been iconic and very popular characters is clearly not due the actors' skills. :rip: Don't be delusional.

Actually they have always been two of the weakest ones, especially when we had Lena Headey, Peter Dincklage, Charles Dance among the others.

1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

Actually they have always been two of the weakest ones, especially when we had Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, Charles Dance among the others.

Well... duh :toofunny2:

This is like saying Reese Witherspoon and Zoe Kravitz are two of the weakest on Big Little Lies because that show also had Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, and Laura Dern.  

Emilia and Kit were phenomenal.  Dany and Jon absolutely would not be nearly as popular if their actors were "weak."  If Emilia wasn't such a great actress, millions upon millions of people would not have connected with Dany, and therefore wouldn't have been enraged by her atrocious, unearned S8 arc, and we therefore would not have House of the Dragon.  

20 minutes ago, Miles. said:

Well... duh :toofunny2:

This is like saying Reese Witherspoon and Zoe Kravitz are two of the weakest on Big Little Lies because that show also had Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, and Laura Dern.  

Emilia and Kit were phenomenal.  Dany and Jon absolutely would not be nearly as popular if their actors were "weak."  If Emilia wasn't such a great actress, millions upon millions of people would not have connected with Dany, and therefore wouldn't have been enraged by her atrocious, unearned S8 arc, and we therefore would not have House of the Dragon.  

Uhm no? You can have good characters with mediocre actors and viceversa. The show had a massive following, of course the two main characters who had whole arcs had a massive fanbase. 

Daenerys was a badass character, who went through hell and served tons of iconic scenes in the show. 

Emilia's acting had little to do with it. Same for Kit, saying they had "phenomenal" acting skills is ridiculous pls. :rip: it's like saying Harry Potter was a cultural phenomenon because of Daniel Radcliffe's acting.

2 hours ago, Starkboy said:

Emilia's acting wasnt as bad as that user said, but if Daenerys and Jon Snow have been iconic and very popular characters is clearly not due the actors' skills. :rip: Don't be delusional.

Actually they have always been two of the weakest ones, especially when we had Lena Headey, Peter Dincklage, Charles Dance among the others.

You served the tea :coffee:

6 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Daenerys was a badass character, who went through hell and served tons of iconic scenes in the show. 

Emilia's acting had little to do with it.

Make it make sense, no Emilia no iconic moments. To claim that she doesn't have any credit for how HER SCENES turned out makes no sense.

Her performance influenced how the audience perceived Daenerys as a character and created her into the iconic figure we know and love. Her scenes in Valyrian also informed in how the language is spoken and formed by all other actors as well, to the point where she sometimes created her own scenes in it and executed them perfectly.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Emilia Clarke improvised an entire monologue on Game of Thrones

Emilia Clarke had a lot of badass moments playing Daenerys Targaryen on Game of Thrones, but one of her most impressive feats of acting was one that fans never knew about.   During the filming of season 5, Clarke improvised a lengthy scene in the show’s fictional language of Valyrian.

"I went over to Emilia and I was like, 'I know this is a really big ask, but do you think you could figure out a way to do this in Valyrian?'" Podeswa said. "She went off and cobbled together things that [Daenerys] had said in the past that made sense. She came back in 10 minutes and had this whole monologue down."

"I just had to hand it to Emilia for taking on the challenge and making it completely credible, every single take, every intonation, and the way she phrased everything, you completely understood what she was meant to be saying."

VARIETY: ‘Game of Thrones’: Emilia Clarke Did Right by Daenerys, Even When the Writers Didn’t (Column)

She sold the depth of Daenerys’ loneliness, fury, desperation, and startlingly fierce love through some of the show’s most obfuscated, confusing hours. Even as final scenes stood on increasingly shaky ground, Clarke nonetheless delivered a titanic performance that never lost sight of who her character was — a feat that stands in stark contrast to the scripts’ weaker attempts to do the same.

When it mattered most, the final season of “Game of Thrones” forgot to let Daenerys drive her own story, stranding Clarke to do much of the heavy lifting in truly crucial moments. Take that excruciating minute of “The Bells” that saw Daenerys hovering above King’s Landing before deciding to annihilate it. Clarke didn’t get a single word to sell the biggest moment of her character’s journey, and yet she conveyed a lifetime of feeling into a single shot of Daenerys trying to breathe through her overwhelming anger before giving up and dive-bombing the ramparts.

6 hours ago, Destiny said:

4 time Emmy nominee Emilia Clarke remains unbothered :gaycat4:

I mean are we really discussing Emilia’s acting??? She’s the sole reason so many people loved the Targaryens!

In this House we WILL NOT tolerate Daenerys slanders :biblio:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.