• Terylee

Cultural emegency…it was actually good :jonny3: 

39 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Great series premiere :clap3: 

But god, those Targaryen wigs are terrible, especially on the men :rip:
They look like so dry and like straw :gaycat6:

How can a show with this budget have a wig like this :rip: 

Screenshot-2022-08-22-at-12-53-11.png

I feel it, I think I was right when I spotted the Main Theme song on the livestream of the London premiere :jonny2:

The piano theme that plays near the end of the episode when Viserys tells Rhaenyra that she should've been the heir all along.

We'll find out soon enough. :duca:

42 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Great series premiere :clap3: 

But god, those Targaryen wigs are terrible, especially on the men :rip:
They look like so dry and like straw :gaycat6:

the wigs looked horrendous :rip:

overall the production value is not up to par with the original series

Leave it to the gays to be obsessing over the wigs :skull:

I'm not gonna lie I laughed and cringed in several occasions during the episode because of Rhaenys and Corlys' wigs :bibliahh:

16 minutes ago, zaso said:

Yeah the CGI looked worse too but I think that's a trend in the whole entertainment biz right now since the CGI in all recent Marvel and Netflix outputs looks bad. 

18 minutes ago, zaso said:

It’s a brand new show.. if it’s successful I envision that it’ll look even better than GOT come season 2-3. 

season 1-3 of GOT has lacklustre CGI and production value as well - even for it’s time. 

Fantastic premiere. The setup was great. It was easy to figure out who was who. I really couldn't imagine a better start. It's been a while so re-entering this world, the gore really shocked me :deadbanana4:

The characters seem interesting. It's kind of hard to root for anybody just yet, especially the men since they are all disgusting but for now I'm just gonna stan Rhaenyra and Alicent but even that I'm sure will go sideways. I thought Alicent might be spying on Rhaenyra for her father. I can sense so much betrayal from every direction. Can't wait to see where it goes!

This show has a higher budget than the original show

GOT Season 7 budget - 10m per episode

HOTD budget -- $20m per episode

It's actually twice the budget, but the CGI is so bad:rip:

6 hours ago, Itz_Dani! said:
  Hide contents

The painful irony in that  prophecy/dream saying a Targaryen will/should end up ruling after what we know are the events in the GOT finale but that never happened :rip:

Spoiler

That actually means the finale and everything from GOT that is not from the books isn’t canon since that line came out form George himself 

I liked it :clap3: I forgot they love shock value gore though :rip: was anyone else getting lesbian from the MPG’s?

The white walkers

Yeah that’s was a great first episode :clap3: 

Already getting me to swear, cry and cover my eyes at the screen :dies:

Otto sending Alicent to go comfort Viserys oh he’s sick… 

:biblio: 

I wish they recasted young Alicent, she's the weakest link of the whole episode, the fact she's gonna be with us for 5 episodes ugh

Milly Alcock bodied this episode on the other hand, she literally carried the whole thing on her back :worship2: At least she'll grace us for just as long.

It's especially annoying since I know Olivia Cooke is goin to be my favorite thing about this show just based on the clips and trailers.

Actually Viserys' wig looked the worst to me lol

44 minutes ago, M André said:
  Hide contents

That actually means the finale and everything from GOT that is not from the books isn’t canon since that line came out form George himself 

Uhm I'm pretty sure that the prophecy said 

Spoiler

That a Targaryan must be on the throne for the big war

Which is what actually happened, Daenerys was on the Iron throne during the battle against the WWs :michael:

2 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Actually Viserys' wig looked the worst to me lol

Uhm I'm pretty sure that the prophecy said 

Hide contents

That a Targaryan must be on the throne for the big war

Which is what actually happened, Daenerys was on the Iron throne during the battle against the WWs :michael:

But she’s wasn’t on the throne, she just helped the north with her men.  :coffee2:

2 minutes ago, M André said:

But she’s wasn’t on the throne, she just helped the north with her men.  :coffee2:

Wait you're right :dies:  my mind has tried to cancel anything over that season 

Where is all the male eye candy though?

Only that one knight that won over Daemon was hot.

Edited by katara

When I tell you I got chills during the shot of the dragon flying over the city and in the ending with Rhaenyra being named the heir then cutting to the credits with GoT's main theme, whew! :jonny5:

The actress who plays Rhaenyra ate the entire episode and left no crumbs. She just exudes star power in the same way Daenerys did. Daemon was also excellent, but that's expected from Matt Smith. Rhaenys was also very good despite getting very few scenes, she gives me strong Olenna vibes.

There are some things that could be better though:

- the dragons and some locations' CGI were not great, especially compared to the final seasons of GoT; it's weird because one'd expect them to be even better with the experience they have from that show and the improvements in VFX

- the wigs (especially the ones worn by men) are bad, like laughably bad

- I found it weird that they made it look like the baby was alive and healthy only for them to cut to the funeral and showing him next to his mother; what the f*ck happened? :skull:

Overall a great episode though, I can see this getting as big as GoT if handled with care.

55 minutes ago, M André said:

...and the kingdom didn't fight united against them. Just the North, Dany and some others ( Jaime, Brienne, Theon...).

Edited by Terylee

To those saying the CGI is “so bad”, what??:redface:

It’s not the best CGI ever created but it’s definitely better than 99% of tv shows and 80% of blockbuster movies. Top tier.

I can’t believe I’m here defending the story, direction, acting and even the CGI after ignoring anything GOT related for the past 3 years.

Please stay this good.:monkey:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.