House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 3: 'The Burning Mill' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

I’m curious to see how much the world expands as the series goes on. I don’t want the show to just be in King’s Landing. I liked how Game of Thrones always had four or five plots going at the same time.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

That was a good episode. Daemon let me ride your dick papi

That was a fantastic pilot :clap3:

The amount of dialogue taken directly from the book :clap3:
You can already tell Ryan Condal is gonna be absolutely faithful to the source material which is satisfying & assuring :clap3:

Edited by Xantalli

I was really into it! I’ll save discussion for now since it’s not out everywhere yet. All I will say right now is WTF AT NO INTRO!

I thought it was excellent! 

Daemon, Rhaenyra, Viserys, Rhaenys their actors' acting >>>>

Cristan cole is so cute :jonny5:

Idk why people were complaning about the wigs when the wigs and costumes this episode >>>>>>>

Rhaenyra's crowning fit omfg :flame:

Daemon's ******* dragon holy fuuuuuuuuuck :jonny5:

1 hour ago, mitochondria23 said:

“ 172 Years Before the birth of Daenerys Targeryan”

:jonnycat:

***** PERIOD. RESPECT ON HER NAME! 

Anyone know why they change the actress for the timeskip? Cause the current rhenyra in episode one is good at acting and cute. The older version seems....old but Daemon actor stays the same?

Spoiler

Lowkey shipping Rhenyra and Daemon and I am morally disgusted by myself....holyf:rip::deadbanana2:

I also loved all the small details, for ex. Rhaenyra’s pronunciation of Dracarys >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daenerys Dracarys in GOT

8 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

***** PERIOD. RESPECT ON HER NAME! 

there's only one member of the targaryen family who made it to the ending, whew

game-of-thrones-emilia-clarke-is-pissed-

:gaycatina1:

4 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

there's only one member of the targaryen family who made it to the ending, whew

game-of-thrones-emilia-clarke-is-pissed-

:gaycatina1:

12 hours ago, Terylee said:

Reveal hidden contents

What do we think about the prophecy?

"Our histories, they tell us that Aegon looked across the Blackwater from Dragonstone and saw a rich land ripe for the capture. But ambition alone is not what drove him to conquest. It was a dream. And just as Daenys foresaw the end of Valyria, Aegon foresaw the end of the world of men. It is to begin with a terrible winter, gusting out of the distant north. Aegon saw absolute darkness riding on those winds and whatever dwells within them will destroy the world of the living. When this great winter comes, Rhaenyra, all of Westeros must stand against it. And if the world of men is to survive, a Targaryen must be seated on the Iron Throne - a king or queen, strong enough to unite the realm against the cold and the dark. Aegon called his dream the Song of Ice and Fire. This secret has passed from king to heir since Aegon's time and now you must promise to carry it and protect it. Promise me this, Rhaenyra. Promise me."

Looks like GRRM disagrees :fan:

Bonus:

LOOK AT THE MATERIAL

4 minutes ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

Looks like GRRM disagrees :fan:

Bonus:

ouch, they refer to her only as a princess. she was queen of westeros for like 5 minutes. Worse than Lady Jane Grey in Tudor England.

7 hours ago, Miles. said:

Not watching til tonight, but are there really no opening credits?  I will be very disappointed if that's true.  GOT has the most iconic opening credits/theme of all time, and I'm expecting HBO to go all out to try to match that.

Next week: 

https://www.vulture.com/2022/08/where-is-the-house-of-the-dragon-opening-credits-sequence.html

Just now, fridayteenage said:

ouch, they refer to her only as a princess. she was queen of westeros for like 5 minutes. Worse than Lady Jane Grey in Tudor England.

and yet we're here three years later, because of Her :fan:

12 hours ago, Terylee said:

Hide contents

What do we think about the prophecy?

"Our histories, they tell us that Aegon looked across the Blackwater from Dragonstone and saw a rich land ripe for the capture. But ambition alone is not what drove him to conquest. It was a dream. And just as Daenys foresaw the end of Valyria, Aegon foresaw the end of the world of men. It is to begin with a terrible winter, gusting out of the distant north. Aegon saw absolute darkness riding on those winds and whatever dwells within them will destroy the world of the living. When this great winter comes, Rhaenyra, all of Westeros must stand against it. And if the world of men is to survive, a Targaryen must be seated on the Iron Throne - a king or queen, strong enough to unite the realm against the cold and the dark. Aegon called his dream the Song of Ice and Fire. This secret has passed from king to heir since Aegon's time and now you must promise to carry it and protect it. Promise me this, Rhaenyra. Promise me."

Spoiler

The Azor Ahai implications, I hope we get some fire priestesses in this series :jonny5: It does seem to imply this secret was not properly passed down, which could hold weight for some book events

Idk why that intro about Daenerys made me emotional :jonny: I really hope for a long show and the writing done right. I miss when GoT was THE event to watch and I want a recreation of that phenomenon.

Enjoyed this more than I thought I would. It felt closer to the original seasons of GOT than to the latter seasons. Character driven, political. And I have high hopes it will stay that way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.