House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 3: 'The Burning Mill' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Not y’all talking about irrelevant House Stark who ruined Game of Thrones for 95% of people who watched the show :rip:

Daenerys alone>>> that entire family.

Anyways, House of the Dragon looks majestic, regal, political and bloody! I can’t wait to watch :jonny5:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Why are we talking about the irrelevant family? :biblio:

I can't wait :duca:

3 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

And it also went up to 70 on Metacritic! :clap3:

Down to 69 now with another review.

Of course Slant gave it a bad review. They never like ANYTHING. 

Everytime a movie or shows comes out, they are the only one bad review that drags down the whole metascore.

3 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

Of course Slant gave it a bad review. They never like ANYTHING. 

Everytime a movie or shows comes out, they are the only one bad review that drags down the whole metascore.

or albums. They are literally like twitter rats lmaooo

2 hours ago, omrimayo said:

Up to 81% with 236 reviews. Respectful again!

TABS :clap3:

8 minutes ago, FlyPirate said:

or albums. They are literally like twitter rats lmaooo

ikr? they hate everything. At this point i think they are just trolling.

sucks that GRRM is old now because he could write more than 1 novel about the world of AOIAF. Like Brandon Sanderson who keeps releasing novels, sequels and spinoffs set in his own universe.

not that one starkkky trying it when they tried launching 3 starkkk sequels and none of them happened :ahh:

starkkks are the reason why the show is SO hated the damn nerve

5 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Queen sansa and princess arya were the stars of got but they couldn't be in a long ago spinoff.

Meanwhile the highlight of the dragon lady were dragons, so now there is a show called house of dragon. Makes sense.

LORD, swifties are unbearable everywhere. Nobody cares about that family. Why are you detrailing the HOTD thread to talk about starks. Nobody cares. 

OT: Coming to STOMP. Only the Targaryen’s could single handedly revive the GOT franchise after it was ruined and lost almost all value in mainstream culture. :jonny3:

The show looks great but something about the way the cast looks is so vanilla

They really don't have interesting or strong faces

Gone up to 92% on RT

On 8/15/2022 at 3:44 PM, Eóghan said:

I will accept nothing under 85% on RT or I'm sending death threats to showrunners

gosto-gostoso.gif

gosto-gostoso.gif

Damn that's Marvel level marketing :skull: but it's true, the ads for this are literally everywhere 

Wow, up from 76 to 92!?  I guess HBO's paid reviews came in late!  Casey Bloys in his Kevin Feige bag!

2 hours ago, Miles. said:

Wow, up from 76 to 92!?  I guess HBO's paid reviews came in late!  Casey Bloys in his Kevin Feige bag!

It’s ok 84% now!

Back to 85% with 344 ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. 69 on Metacritic with 39 ratings. 

18 hours ago, Miles. said:

This was never going to get amazing reviews.  People are still (rightfully) enraged by S8.  This show has to earn back people's trust, and it seems like it is already starting to do that.  The fact that it's getting mostly positive reviews is a great sign.

And also, people are comparing HOTD S1 to GOT as a whole... when naturally the first season of any show is going to be slower than any and all subsequent seasons.  GOT's inciting incident didn't even happen until S1E7 with Robert's death.  This show seems to be on the same trajectory

Hide contents

assuming Viserys dies in the second half of this season.

The wigs deserve the lashings though.

Excuse me but GoT literally started with

1) The hand of the king dead and the Starks finding out about a conspiracy

2) an incestous relationship between the Queen and his brother

3) Jaime Lannister pushing Bran out of the window

+ what seems to be a religious sacrifice beyond the Wall

That's just in the first episode.

GoT S01 had conflicts and political intrigue right from the start on a huge scale.

Half of HotD is obviously lacking on this part. Smaller scale, smaller conflicts I'd categorize more as plain arguments, big moments being seemingly unearned... There's lot to improve especially when you compare it to GoT S01.

49 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Half of HotD is obviously lacking on this part. Smaller scale, smaller conflicts I'd categorize more as plain arguments, big moments being seemingly unearned... There's lot to improve especially when you compare it to GoT S01.

The events that transpire escalate rapidly as the story goes on though, the second half is a horrible series of unfortunate events. House of the Dragon is also a completely different story, it should feel smaller somewhat because it is a story of a family torn apart completely not the story of the entire realm.

Edited by mystery

3 minutes ago, mystery said:

The events that transpire escalate rapidly as the story goes on though, the second half is a horrible series of unfortunate events. House of the Dragon is also a completely different story, it should feel smaller somewhat because it is a story of a family torn apart completely not the story of the entire realm.

Of course it is different, but I'd consider it legit criticism if someone says that the first half is pretty unexciting so far - and comparing it to GoT S01 is also a legit argument. 

Hopefully it'll be more exciting as the series goes on, but there's not a lot of goodwill from the casual viewers' part re: GoT finale so if the first 6 do not really catch the attention then that's concerning.

Still, I enjoyed it but it obviously has flaws.

• ATRL Moderator

Genuinely happy to see this getting great reviews! I'll be honest, I wasn't really keen on checking this out after the ending of GOT, however I'm feeling a spark of hype and hope so I'll definitely be watching Sunday! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.