Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Paddy snub isn't cute. He better get an emmy 

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Anye said:

Good!  Let's hope Jon SNORE was one of them! :clap3: She just doesn't have the vernacular she thinks she possesses!

2 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Definitely that Sea Snake spinoff

Thank God if true

Here's the apparent reason Miguel Sapochnik left House Of The Dragon:

Queen Alicent’s maid Talya — or, at least, the woman who portrayed her — turns out to be a more important House of the Dragon figure than we might have realized.

Dragon co-showrunner and director Miguel Sapochnik left HBO’s Game of Thrones spinoff ahead of Season 2 “after a protracted standoff over his wife and her involvement in the show,” Puck reports. Sapochnik’s wife? Alexis Raben, who played the queen’s lady-in-waiting in several Season 1 episodes and who also was one of the show’s producers.

Per the report, Thrones vet Sapochnik wanted Raben to join his and co-showrunner Ryan Condal’s producing team for Dragon‘s second season. HBO thought she did not have enough experience. The negotiations got so heated that HBO had a mediator attempt to cool things down, but Sapochnik eventually walked away from the prequel spinoff he helped launch.

https://tvline.com/2023/01/03/miguel-sapochnik-wife-house-of-the-dragon-season-2-controversy/

Edited by Hector

1 hour ago, Hector said:

Queen Alicent’s maid Talya — or, at least, the woman who portrayed her — turns out to be a more important House of the Dragon figure than we might have realized.

Dragon co-showrunner and director Miguel Sapochnik left HBO’s Game of Thrones spinoff ahead of Season 2 “after a protracted standoff over his wife and her involvement in the show,” Puck reports. Sapochnik’s wife? Alexis Raben, who played the queen’s lady-in-waiting in several Season 1 episodes and who also was one of the show’s producers.

Per the report, Thrones vet Sapochnik wanted Raben to join his and co-showrunner Ryan Condal’s producing team for Dragon‘s second season. HBO thought she did not have enough experience. The negotiations got so heated that HBO had a mediator attempt to cool things down, but Sapochnik eventually walked away from the prequel spinoff he helped launch.

https://tvline.com/2023/01/03/miguel-sapochnik-wife-house-of-the-dragon-season-2-controversy/

This is very interesting and messy and I still feel like we don't know the full story.  Because why would HBO let Miguel walk over a simple producing credit for his wife...  Especially with the show being a massive hit, the budget should be going up for S2, so they should be able to afford to elevate her, if that's what Miguel wanted.  

At least it wasn't over writing/character/plot issues.  That would have unnerved me more.

27 minutes ago, Miles. said:

This is very interesting and messy and I still feel like we don't know the full story.  Because why would HBO let Miguel walk over a simple producing credit for his wife...  Especially with the show being a massive hit, the budget should be going up for S2, so they should be able to afford to elevate her, if that's what Miguel wanted.  

At least it wasn't over writing/character/plot issues.  That would have unnerved me more.

I’m glad they didn’t stand for blatant nepotism. People who think they’re entitled to give anyone any job they want because they’re family are insufferable. 

If she didn’t have experience then she should have any role that would allow her to make decisions for the show. 

Edited by Gaia

Roman Holiday

What a weird reason to walk away from a project :skull: 

i hope this doesn’t affect the show going forward or improves it at least

9 hours ago, Hector said:

Seems like he’s doing the most :psyduck: he made sure she was in way more scenes than needed too! 

1 hour ago, orange22 said:

Seems like he’s doing the most :psyduck: he made sure she was in way more scenes than needed too! 

And for what? Who tf remembers Alicent's maid lmao :dies:

What a stupid ass reason :ahh:

Rage quitting because they said no to Nepotism lmao:santa:

7 hours ago, AxelFox said:

And for what? Who tf remembers Alicent's maid lmao :dies:

The only reason I noticed is because I wondered why they kept showing that girl and then a podcast I listen to mentioned it was his wife :dies:

Congrats to the show but justice for Emma :bam:

4 hours ago, Anye said:

Congrats to the show but justice for Emma :bam:

What about Paddy considine? GG didn't even nominate him. He was beyond excellent in episode 8.

• 2 months later...

With a portion of the plot originally intended for Season 2, including a major battle, moving to Season 3, I hear it is now more likely that the series would run for four seasons, but that has not been determined as Condal and Martin continue to go back-and-forth on the number of seasons (three or four) that would be optimal to tell the full story, sources said.

So four seasons more likely

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.