House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

HBO has put Olivia Cooke in Supp Actress, they could've put her in Lead along with Emma D'Arcy IMO.

I think either Milly Alcock or Eve Best could lose out on their noms in Supp Actress because of this..

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2022/house-of-the-dragon-cast-category-submissions/

Edited by Dark Miracles

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

• ATRL Moderator

IF OLIVIA M-FING COOKE DOESN'T GET HER EMMY I SWEAR :wanda:

On 11/6/2022 at 9:37 AM, Mandalore said:

:rip:

We can have a discussion about things without resorting to insulting people for having a different pov, like the grown adults we are. It's what the thread is for.  :rip: Pretentious weirdos

The irony. 

Olivia robbed goddess! Should have been submitted for lead :hippo:

I can see why they submitted Olivia as supporting, but it's still a bummer because, in my opinion, her performance is arguably the strongest in the series, aside from Paddy. They're probably hoping for very safe and comfortable Paddy/Emma/Olivia noms for their respective categories with decent chances at wins.

On 11/9/2022 at 12:49 AM, Blade Runner said:

The irony. 

Spoiler

Is it though? They're not pretentious weirdos for having a different pov. But for calling others morons and idiots for expressing opinions. Nice try but let's move on and stay on topic. :rip:

OT: 

Olivia could upgrade to lead next year. I really liked Emma's Rhaenyra, she's the only one that exhudes the Targaryen other-worldly presence described in the books. Ethereal in a sense. 

Emma and Paddy as leads ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :clap3:

It is kinda weird the story never tells any throne war besides the iron throne wars. And they all have small families. Like why dont Otto's cousin riot against him, or where were the other Lannisters besides Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion? Why are there only a handful of Targeryans? 

the aemond targaryen tag is about to pass a billion views on tiktok :clap3:only three episodes as an adult and he really did that

My GOT book set just arrived today and wtf they are tiny. Height size, anyways. They’re as tall as my iPhone 13 Pro Max :deadbanana4:

23 hours ago, Afferty said:

It is kinda weird the story never tells any throne war besides the iron throne wars. And they all have small families. Like why dont Otto's cousin riot against him, or where were the other Lannisters besides Jaime, Cersei and Tyrion? Why are there only a handful of Targeryans? 

The various kingdoms fought constantly with one another until Aegon came in and created the Iron Throne. Dorne officially came in later but for all intents and purposes from that point on there was only one throne and one ruler to sit on it. The fighting was focused on control of the Iron Throne and for the next 280 years it was completely controlled by House Targaryen, the only conflicts over it being within the family itself.

Due to the infighting among the family and the incestuous relationships House Targaryen always varied in size. Its biggest peak point being just below 30 members some 90 years before the events of the show and 80 years after the events of House of the Dragon. Events like the deaths of Jaehaerys's children, Dance of the Dragons, The Great Spring Sickness, Tragedy at Summerhall and eventually Robert's Rebellion ensured that the blood of the dragon never spread in great numbers.

As for Otto he is merely the second son of House Hightower, his brother being the actual Lord and as we saw during the defiant Alicent dress scene his brother is very much supportive of Otto and Alicent's cause so there is no reason for him to riot against them.

In the show we also see Jason Lannister the Lord of Casterly Rock at the time and his twin brother Tyland. During the events of Game of Thrones we do have a chance to see other Lannisters besides the main four, that being Kevan Lannister, the younger brother of Tywin and his son Lancel.

Edited by mystery

On 11/6/2022 at 9:37 AM, Mandalore said:

:rip:

We can have a discussion about things without resorting to insulting people for having a different pov, like the grown adults we are. It's what the thread is for.  :rip: Pretentious weirdos

It's like the only way to watch a show is to simp and stan for some characters and keep 'yasssing' at everything that benefits that character without any critical thinking because it was cool looking :rip:

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

It's so ******* frustrating that they start filming so ******* late!

Edited by 1000formsofacting

In perspective…

GOT - 694

COK - 761

SOS - 973

FFC - 753 

DOD - 1040

This old hag still has a good half of the book to finish :deadbanana2:

Paddy not being nominated is a crime.  Best acting performance by far.  

Emma :clap3: :clap3: but I'm getting worried about Paddy not showing up anywhere so far..like how is that happening

• ATRL Moderator

Paddy and Olivia :weeps: obviously so happy for Emma but c'mon now 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.