• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

oh and not yall spamming there are no hotties when you f words will be all over ser cole

Vhagar looks clapped as hell but she looks huge! When she’s about to take flight & she spreads her wings :deadbanana4:

& also we got a quick glimpse of Meleys :WAP:

finished. idk what to think to be honest

ep 6 is still very WIP

2 hours ago, Liafen said:

finished. idk what to think to be honest

ep 6 is still very WIP

Spoiler

What is the time line they cover so far in those 6 episodes? 

Also do we know how many seasons the show will be or how long this season will cover? 

7 hours ago, Triton said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What is the time line they cover so far in those 6 episodes? 

Also do we know how many seasons the show will be or how long this season will cover? 

thats spoilery, sorry, but i've read elsewhere that the first 5 are young Allicent/Rhaenyra and the second half is a time jump (and this is true so ep 6 only just picks the story up 10 years later)

interestingly, the second half seems instantly better re: conflicts and scale. but tbh if I put this 1:1 to GoT S1 what i'm lacking is the narrative of conflict, it just seems so... lackluster. and certain culminations of conflict do not really work as they weren't that etched out beforehand. even death seems kind of meaningless

Metro: A storming return that reminds us why we loved Game Of Thrones 5/5
The Times: visually sumptuous, well-acted and crisply written 5/5

The Guardian: epic Game of Thrones prequel is a roaring success 4/5 
Radio Times: recalls the best of the original's early seasons 4/5

The Telegraph: all the potent ingredients of Game of Thrones – but without the humour 4/5
BBC: It's 'pure Game of Thrones' 4/5 
Evening Standard: mo dragons, mo problems... guess I’m hooked again 4/5

Independent: Bigger, bolder and bloodier than Game of Thrones 4/5 
Collider: Brings Us Back to Westeros With Renewed Hope 4/5
Consequence: A Beautifully-Made History Lesson From an Ugly Fictional World 4/5
Comicbook: A Welcome Return to Westeros 4/5
Empire: The writing so far lacks the sparkle of Game Of Thrones' most profound moments 3/5
IGN: It feels like Game Of Thrones is back  8/10
Paste: Arrives with Fire and Blood—and a Wisely Limited Scope 8/10
Chicago Sun Times: entertaining prequel has all the gore, gravity and gut-punch power of ‘Game of Thrones’ 3.5/4
Los Angeles Times: recaptures the power, grandeur of the original

Insider: recaptures the early magic of 'Game of Thrones'

Herald Sun: exactly the Game of Thrones prequel you want it to be

Bloomberg: Prequel Breathes Fire on HBO
Wall Street Journal: The Targaryens Are Back and Blazing
Screen Rant: Enthralling, Worthy GOT Prequel Off To Strong Start
Slashfilm: A Bold And Brutal Tale Of The Women Of Westeros
TIME: Against All Odds, Pretty Decent
Forbes: Big Shoes to Fill but Seems Set to Fill Them Well
Variety: Sacrifices Subtlety in a Splashily Violent Spectacle
Hollywood Reporter: Dragons Aplenty but Overloads on Targaryens in Bad Wigs
Rolling Stone: ‘Game of Thrones’ Minus the Fire
Slant: A Jumble of Incident and Spectacle 1.5/5

Edited by mystery

8 minutes ago, Liafen said:

thats spoilery, sorry, but i've read elsewhere that the first 5 are young Allicent/Rhaenyra and the second half is a time jump (and this is true so ep 6 only just picks the story up 10 years later)

Hide contents

interestingly, the second half seems instantly better re: conflicts and scale. but tbh if I put this 1:1 to GoT S1 what i'm lacking is the narrative of conflict, it just seems so... lackluster. and certain culminations of conflict do not really work as they weren't that etched out beforehand. even death seems kind of meaningless

Alrighty thanks, I’m wondering how long they would spread this out. One whole season for everything seems too much. But now that we know… 

Spoiler

The first 5 episodes are the backstory with the young actors, it’s well threaded and makes sense that they’re in the big promo. Though the 10 year gap on the second half is a bit meh… they could have done season 1 part A then a bit later part B or just done two seasons. Given the girl’s dresses that seems to be around the end of the season. Then we get the full on war with new actors. Maybe 3 seasons can cover it all. I’m interested in the episode titles too. It was fun to guess them in the original show. 

i more or less agree with Rolling Stone

the conflict does seem duller

The character who benefits most from the big time jump is Otto’s daughter Alicent. Played as a teenager by Emily Carey, she’s mostly a blank slate who, like the monarch that her father works for, exists mainly to serve the needs of the plot. When Olivia Cooke steps into the role in the sixth episode, this adult Alicent almost immediately feels like the dramatic equal of Rhaenyra.    

this is so true lol 

Alicent feels like a non-event in eps 1-5

and then suddenly, Cooke is slaying outright

Just now, Liafen said:

The character who benefits most from the big time jump is Otto’s daughter Alicent. Played as a teenager by Emily Carey, she’s mostly a blank slate who, like the monarch that her father works for, exists mainly to serve the needs of the plot. When Olivia Cooke steps into the role in the sixth episode, this adult Alicent almost immediately feels like the dramatic equal of Rhaenyra.    

this is so true lol 

Alicent feels like a non-event in eps 1-5

and then suddenly, Cooke is slaying outright

I think the second half will vastly improve the core conflict given the leaked outlines of the remaining four episodes. To me some of the complaints of the reviewers seem like they will be addressed with the show actually moves on to the meat of the story. 

5 minutes ago, Liafen said:

i more or less agree with Rolling Stone

the conflict does seem duller

Did you already watch them? :eek:

With all the Targaryen’s… “Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender, tall dragon rider? Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really."

judgement-miranda-priestly.gif

Milly Alcock seems perfect, a proper Targ. Emma is too plain, but she has wigs and the dresses. 

And opposite, Emily looks ok as young Alicent but yeah out of the footage Olivia will slay that role. 

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

I think the second half will vastly improve the core conflict given the leaked outlines of the remaining four episodes. To me some of the complaints of the reviewers seem like they will be addressed with the show actually moves on to the meat of the story. 

well yeah true, but if half the season is spent with time jumps (smaller and bigger) and lackluster characterization + a duller-than-usual narrative, i'd say that's faulty writing whatever they do in eps 6-10. there's just... not much going on, and when there is, some of the resolutions seem unearned/unbelievable 

esp the Rhaenyra-Cole conflict. or Aemma's death is tolling to witness, but was not

as heavy as it should've been since we just got introduced to her. there's another death (well actually 1+2) where you're just like "oh ok i guess they're gone now" but you're just not attached to them in any way to make the deaths surprising/enjoyable/etc

2 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Did you already watch them? :eek:

eps 1-6 were provided as screeners

6 minutes ago, Liafen said:

well yeah true, but if half the season is spent with time jumps (smaller and bigger) and lackluster characterization + a duller-than-usual narrative, i'd say that's faulty writing whatever they do in eps 6-10. there's just... not much going on, and when there is, some of the resolutions seem unearned/unbelievable 

I guess we will see how the show moves forward in the back half when most of the time skips are done for. 

48 minutes ago, Triton said:

Do we have titles for the episodes? 

01 Heirs of the Dragon

02 The Rough Prince

03 Second of His Name

04 King of the Narrow Sea

05 We Light the Way

06 Princess and the Queen

07 Driftmark

08 Lord of the Tides

09 The Green Council

10 The Black Queen

57 minutes ago, Triton said:

Alrighty thanks, I’m wondering how long they would spread this out. One whole season for everything seems too much. But now that we know… 

Hide contents

The first 5 episodes are the backstory with the young actors, it’s well threaded and makes sense that they’re in the big promo. Though the 10 year gap on the second half is a bit meh… they could have done season 1 part A then a bit later part B or just done two seasons. Given the girl’s dresses that seems to be around the end of the season. Then we get the full on war with new actors. Maybe 3 seasons can cover it all. I’m interested in the episode titles too. It was fun to guess them in the original show. 

I can tell you what the last scene of episode 10 is. If you want to know.

The way I already see this being the GoT version of a Disney remake- looks good, but nothing we didn't already see in the original series :clown:

Edited by Khal

33 minutes ago, Terylee said:

I can tell you what the last scene of episode 10 is. If you want to know.

I wanna know. DM, sis. :jonny2:

Edited by Blade Runner

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.