House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

15 minutes ago, McNulty said:

One thing I find it odd is that non of Alicent's children have red hair but Hoenyra's kids have dark hair

Apparently they take it from the father that’s why 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

5 hours ago, Miles. said:

Not people in here barking about the smallfolk :rip: 

Those peasants would gleefully stone each and every one of you, let’s not pretend they deserve rights or sympathy! Meleys should’ve stomped a few more I fear!

And there you have it folks :giraffe:

You know you that ***** when you cause all this conversation

23776f2fcfc7cc69dab301d4a7e85ca6b86d1344.gif

1 hour ago, Cocetti said:

I was watching Inside The Episode on youtube and the showrunners said that during that small council meeting Alicent understood they've been plotting to seize the crown for quite some time no matter Viserys' "dying wish". She basically understood she's been kept in the dark by her father and some of the other council members. You can tell how well synced they are with their plan of killing Rhaenyra and her family etc. Alicents' new info basically just gave Otto more justification for his coming actions :deadbanana4:

i mean, if we are all watching the same episode we all will agree that Otto and company have been scheming to usurp for a very long time dying wish or no dying wish.. also, nobilities inside the Red Keep were basically forced to bend the knee or they'll die so i dont know why some are shaking their head over lack of questioning Alicent's claim when lives were taken over questioning the Greens 

15 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

I just really can’t understand how anyone is team green at this point :skull: 

Alicent just seems to be way more intelligence as a character compared to Rhaenyra (especially the old one). New Rhaenyra just bore bore bore. Thanks god she has dragons, daemon and likable kids 

Instead of these pointless essays, let’s discuss how AWFUL sonoya mizunos accent is in this show. 

i really hope they either pull a littlefinger and change the accent between seasons, or straight up recast Mysaria because it pains me to see one of the most interesting book characters be reduced to a pirates of the Caribbean extra’s audition tape each week :deadbanana4:

10 minutes ago, Mariah's Glove said:

Instead of these pointless essays, let’s discuss how AWFUL sonoya mizunos accent is in this show. 

i really hope they either pull a littlefinger and change the accent between seasons, or straight up recast Mysaria because it pains me to see one of the most interesting book characters be reduced to a pirates of the Caribbean extra’s audition tape each week :deadbanana4:

I thought it would get better with the time jumps as she learned the language. Nope. It’s so bad that it’s hilarious.

24 minutes ago, orange22 said:

I thought it would get better with the time jumps as she learned the language. Nope. It’s so bad that it’s hilarious.

Ya I mean she’s been living in Westeros for like 25 years at this point yet she sounds like THAT? 

I don’t know how the actors didn’t burst into laughter during the scene where she met with Otto. 

i lowkey knew she would be awful, she was pretty bad in Devs but that’s all I’ve ever seen the actress in so maybe that was just a bad performance but…. :skull: they need to get her an acting coach and FAST!!!!

3 hours ago, Gaia said:

It seems like the show is insinuating the male genes are stronger when it comes to appearances. 

The kids come out looking like their dads. 

All of Viserys kids - Blonde

All of Strongs kids - Brunettes/Black

All of Daemon’s - Blonde 

Laena’s genes definitely won out in the skin complexion department though. Also, Jon Snow not being blonde makes me think the hair thing is random.

5 hours ago, Cryptique said:

Rhaenys didnt care about the small folks obviously :dies:

Also, if i have to lash HBO and the creators it'll be how the children like Jace, Luke, Helaena, Baela, etc dont have any character buildup.. they're more like extras/support of thr supports :dies:

And Rhaenyra is yet to serve that girl boss.. like girl bring back the girl boss that you are before you tasted D

Yeah I’m sure we’ll get to see more of those characters in the final episode but by then the Dance of Dragons is already going to start. I’m worried that by the time any of them die, whether it’s the next episode or next season, it’s not even gonna feel that impactful, which is the way I felt when we were introduced to Laena and Daemon’s relationship and Harwin and Rhaenyra’s relationship only to have both Laena and Harwin killed off in the same episode.

Baela being darker than Laena despite only being a quarter black makes me scream :skull:

Are we sure those are Daemon's kids? Laena may have pulled a Rhaenyra :jonnycat:

6 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

They f***ed Criston Cole's character in 1x5. Now they ruined Rhaenys as well :clap3: Their actions, which are the result of scenes with a terrible script, will be a precedent to make stupid decisions in next seasons like in GOT Seasons 7 & 8, period! :heart2: I'm not even hyped for the final episode, I'm just histerically fuming :bibliahh:

What the hell is your problem? What did you expect? Rhaenys to be hanged like that other dude? For her to bend the knee? 

This was a perfect way to take her out of King's Landing. The episode was 10/10, 95% of the fans AND the critics agree, YOU are the problem.

Edited by Hot Volcano

Some of you guys complain too much. Why are you still watching the show at this point like come on :rip:

1 hour ago, Mariah's Glove said:

Ooof.  It's true tho :rip: 

2 hours ago, Mariah's Glove said:

I blame the directors, they clearly didn't know how to instruct her to do an accent

The end of the ep was great plus it's great foreshadowing for....

Spoiler

The storming of the dragon pit 

I don't mind changes that don't harm the story. Brienne vs the hound and Tywin and Ayra are good examples of this. They were good changes that added to the story without messing up plot beats. 

I just realized Helaena has already for-seen several events.

When Alicent is telling Aeamond he will have a dragon some day Helaena says "He'll have to close an eye"

Also pretty sure she knew they were going to be attacked just not by who or when it would happen "Beware of the beast beneath the boards" in episode 8 then in episode 9 again "There is a beast beneath the boards" it ended up being Rhaenys and Meleys

Fuckk why don't these idiots realize she is a dreamer already... 

OMG this so messy, I couldn't care less about her opinions on Daemon, but she actually going her way to  label sexual assault as a missunderstanding...

This is GOT season 5 with Ryan Cogman claiming Sansa's rape was dramatically SATISFYING  all over again.  :doc:

12 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

And they completely took away Alicent's agency between the background coup, Larys and the Otto coup. 

Because she never had any power or agency of her own, she thinks she is controlling it but all her actions are in service to the men around her. Rhaenys literally tells her that. The only reason she even gets favors from Larys is because she lets him sexually satisfy himself to her feet. :dies: Alicent thinks will be able to control Aegon now that he is King but she was never able to stop him from being a rapist and a drunk.

She thinks she has the power to say if the coup will go forwards or not but the truth is Otto and the small council have been planning it for years. It doesn't matter what she heard Viserys say or not, they would have done it anyways.

What even is "late season GOT bad"?:skull:

Rhaenys taking her stand and basically killing all the people who didnt support her or Rhaenyra's claim to the throne is genius! Plus, I liked how she waited until the bell started ringing before she came up ala Alicent's comment to ring the bell when Rhaenys made her decision:jonny5:

all the essays :zzz:

QUEEN RHAENYS has them PRESSED :fan:

I just got spoiled the future of a certain character fate from ******* tiktok god i hate it here no matter how much i press not interested it keeps showing me stuff 

3 hours ago, M André said:

OMG this so messy, I couldn't care less about her opinions on Daemon, but she actually going her way to  label sexual assault as a missunderstanding...

This is GOT season 5 with Ryan Cogman claiming Sansa's rape was dramatically SATISFYING  all over again.  :doc:

What’s the tweet? It’s protected 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.