• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

I’m so ready for this new show and I can’t wait to see it bury LOTR on Amazon 

Yeah I don’t want a show about Aegon’s conquest. There’s no conflict, all they do is win win win no matter what, it would be boring. 

1 hour ago, Miles. said:

Yeah I don’t want a show about Aegon’s conquest. There’s no conflict, all they do is win win win no matter what, it would be boring. 

Targaryens winning? sounds like a smash :alexz2:

vbgutrntglh91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

4 hours ago, Miles. said:

Aegon's soundtrack

7 hours ago, Miles. said:

can someone make a nutshell summary of each book

is HOTD the best series? 

3 hours ago, supertiffany said:

can someone make a nutshell summary of each book

is HOTD the best series? 

Aegon's Conquest and the events on HOTD are from the same book, "Fire & Blood". HOTD is about the Dance of Dragons (Targ civil war) which is easily the best part of the book.

19 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

She is mesmerizing :shakeno::heart:

OMG QUEEN :swing:

I agree that Aegon's conquest would be boring.

However a show that would follow the events of Aenys vs Maegor (the two sons of Aegon the Conquerer), Maegor coming into power over his brother's children, (saving the Targaryen dynasty while serving madness and cruelty at the same time) and up until Jaehaerys's the First coronation would be iconic.

They would need to NAIL the casting for Maegor, who would probably be the main lead of the show. With a good actor the role is SUCH awards show bait too. Also, Visenya & Rhaena on screen would be such a serve:msmarvel:

The material is there, they just need to do right by the casting and film it:cm:

2 hours ago, DanyelP23 said:

I agree that Aegon's conquest would be boring.

However a show that would follow the events of Aenys vs Maegor (the two sons of Aegon the Conquerer), Maegor coming into power over his brother's children, (saving the Targaryen dynasty while serving madness and cruelty at the same time) and up until Jaehaerys's the First coronation would be iconic.

They would need to NAIL the casting for Maegor, who would probably be the main lead of the show. With a good actor the role is SUCH awards show bait too. Also, Visenya & Rhaena on screen would be such a serve:msmarvel:

The material is there, they just need to do right by the casting and film it:cm:

Yeah this sounds like a SICKENING serve

this feels like a non-event, no one (outside book fans) talks about this. LOTR already outsold (thanks to the hate train its getting :skull: but still)

I feel like it’s still pretty hyped, and on most people’s radar, even if they’re cautious and have low expectations.

I think many people will still watch the first episode regardless and if the reports of it being excellent are true, it’ll be enough to hook them back on to the GoT universe.

u2s93rzcorh91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Review embargo lift in 2 days :duca:

I will accept nothing under 85% on RT or I'm sending death threats to showrunners

gosto-gostoso.gif

1 hour ago, Raptus said:

this feels like a non-event, no one (outside book fans) talks about this. LOTR already outsold (thanks to the hate train its getting :skull: but still)

Don't underestimate the power of the dragon sis'

Ok "Rings of Power" is gettin' a lot of coverage at the moment on different platforms fueled by controversy and hate but "House of Dragon" has 10 years of social media presence on it's back thanks to Game of Thrones. "Lord of the Rings" has nothing, it's an old media. It has to build everything from the ground up, especially with Gen Z.

The reluctant GoT fanbase will likely flip-flop once they see all the positive feedback on twitter and tik tok if the first few episodes turn out to be good. Especially twitter, it's GoT's *****, it was the number #1 show on twitter for 5 years in a row. And the way HBO handle the second season of Euphoria by transitioning the show perfectly from Twitter to Tik Tok, made it go extra viral. I hope they do the same with "House of the Dragon".

1 hour ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Imagen

She looks serpentine, am scared

32 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

She looks serpentine, am scared

It looks fierce! :WAP:  I love the horns in its head :flame:

1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

u2s93rzcorh91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Review embargo lift in 2 days :duca:

I will accept nothing under 85% on RT or I'm sending death threats to showrunners

gosto-gostoso.gif

Don't underestimate the power of the dragon sis'

Ok "Rings of Power" is gettin' a lot of coverage at the moment on different platforms fueled by controversy and hate but "House of Dragon" has 10 years of social media presence on it's back thanks to Game of Thrones. "Lord of the Rings" has nothing, it's an old media. It has to build everything from the ground up, especially with Gen Z.

The reluctant GoT fanbase will likely flip-flop once they see all the positive feedback on twitter and tik tok if the first few episodes turn out to be good. Especially twitter, it's GoT's *****, it was the number #1 show on twitter for 5 years in a row. And the way HBO handle the second season of Euphoria by transitioning the show perfectly from Twitter to Tik Tok, made it go extra viral. I hope they do the same with "House of the Dragon".

GoT (show) has no fanbase :rip: It was always gp darling until it wasnt (just like Katy Perry). LOTR has real fanbase (that, like star wars fanbase, hates any new entry in its universe, but still ends up watching  :skull:)

Edited by Raptus

1 hour ago, Terylee said:

Character videos

:heart2: 

Im so god damn HYPED omg it looks so good :jonny5:

I watched the entire Conquest animated mini movie it’s so awesome how George came up with this entire complicated history :jonny5:

On 8/11/2022 at 9:06 PM, DanyelP23 said:

Ok I'm actually really perched for this show:clownny:

They kinda did the male Targaryens really dirty

The way Viserys (Daenaerys's brother) will end up remaining as the hottest Targaryen portrayed on screen:lakitu:

they forgot about him :chick1:

spacer.png

20 hours ago, Raptus said:

In what world? All of the official trailers outviewed Rings of Power outside of the first teaser, you literally can't escape articles about this or discourse. 

Rings of Power Teaser Trailer: 31,083,209
Rings of Power Main Teaser: 11,926,385
Rings of Power SDCC Trailer: 11,382,489

House of the Dragon Reveal Trailer: 17,152,861
House of the Dragon Official Teaser: 13,983,713
House of the Dragon Official Trailer: 18,465,432

According to televisionstats which ranks shows based on popularity and online discussion. House of the Dragon is at #11 while Rings of Power is at #102 :skull: 

90 day Google Trends popularity: House of the Dragon vs Rings of Power

yxwjllmybqh91.png

Edited by mystery

8 hours ago, mystery said:

Rings of Power Teaser Trailer: 31,083,209
Rings of Power Main Teaser: 11,926,385
Rings of Power SDCC Trailer: 11,382,489

House of the Dragon Reveal Trailer: 17,152,861
House of the Dragon Official Teaser: 13,983,713
House of the Dragon Official Trailer: 18,465,432

RoP - 54 392 083

HoD - 49 602 006

:cm:

Targaryens -  house of the flop 

8 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

they forgot about him :chick1:

spacer.png

A boring flop just like his on-screen son:lakitu:

The way in the books Viserys was described as a worse looking Rhaegar and in the show it ended up the exact opposite:coffee:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.