Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

First episode SLAYED :WAP:

Also AHHH at the high rating, Targaryens always win :alexz:

21 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

For a moment I thought that Rhaenyra was gonna kill the baby or her mother so the babe couldn’t become a heir ?

The episode was good but kinda tepid? Like for a series premiere I would have expected something more extra and this served like S3/S4 opening without not very high stakes, still it’s good enough to stay watching.

And yes, where’s the eye candy!

How did you reached that conclusion, sis? :deadbanana2:

Well... You were partly right about her, tbh :rip: 

I’m actually much more eager to see Emma’s portrayal of Rhaenyra! 
From the few clips we’ve seen of them, you can already tell their gonna devour!

1 hour ago, Starkboy said:

Not the uglees still pushing this tired Stark vs Targaryan thing (pointless specially knowing how it ends :lakitu:) zzzz

I do agree that Rhaenys might be my fave character. The way she had like 3 scenes and the actress smashed all of them :jonny: Olenna vibes 

Next prequel will most likely be Nymeria and 10,000 ships imo

Which has big potential with the right casting :soda:

As for Starks, it was confirmed the only official sequel so far will be about Jon Snow

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-spinoff-1235167415/

The other Starks could make same cameo, Sansa most likely. 

But yeah a prequel about Brandon the builder would be interesting too :duca:

A Dorne prequel :WAP: The true matriarchs of Westeros, we will stan

Btw I'm not watching the Jon snow show if they don't recast Kit Harington :giraffe: It has disaster written all over it

Unlike many avid and loyal Game of Thrones fans, I felt extremely positive about the prequel series, House of the Dragon, since it’s inception and announcement. It’s the best plot they could have chosen in George R. R. Martin’s world of Ice and Fire to succeed the original show because it shares many qualities with Thrones already and has that flare that made Game of Thrones a phenomenon in the first place. 

It’s a show about politics, about the intricacies of the monarchy, of succession, complex family dynamics, sexism and the patriarchy. And… uhm DRAGONS. It was definitely the easiest choice to lure the original Game of Thrones fanatics and I have no doubt it will deliver. 

The first episode was on par with ‘Winter Is Coming’. It was well- paced and it introduced the characters and established the main conflict within seconds. The dialogue is reminiscent of the early seasons of Game of Thrones and dare I say, better? The production values already eclipse Thrones, partly because they are obviously starting with a bigger budget and better technology, however improvement is needed in the CGI department (only noticed this when they illuminated Aemma’s body)

The script was tight and I can’t wait to see how it fleshes out the story and the characters. The acting was strong from all leads, it’s a shame we’ll only get 5 episodes with this Rhaenyra because she was beyond fantastic. The show could use a bit of levity though, but i’m sure the writers understand this.

All in all, great pilot, amazing costumes, questionable hair, middling CGI, good directiorial and editing choices, amazing production design (they were so ambitious to build some of the set pieces like the Red Keep from scratch), great acting ensemble and an overall fantastic start to what I hope will be yet another water- cooler moment for the next few years. Now we have truly awoken the dragon. Dracarys snitches! ??

When they spoke High Valyrian I came :jonny5:

Please stop mentioning the basic starks, the public does not wanna see those flops ever again. They better make shows of other houses 

1 hour ago, Haus-Of_Mck said:

Targaryens always win :alexz:

As they should :clap3:

Oh okay so they are doing different breeds of dragons. Makes sense.

I still think the design on Dany's is the best. They explain why they made Miss Vhagar looked CLAPPED too dddd

Yea one thing I will say is that I definitely thought the CGI on the dragons specifically looked a little iffy. Like worse than the original GOT somehow. But it’s not terrible 

I'm so mad I accidentally read a large spoiler for the rest of the series. Stay off twitter y'all i'm serious :angry:

I read the plot summary of what happened in the fake history book this is based on and am excited to see how they translate it all to the adaptation. Definitely going to be a wild ride and it is nice knowing they are adapting something with its full story already finished this time so we avoid the mess of the last GOT years.

31 minutes ago, Terylee said:

I need to see Dreamfyre. I want to know if she looks like Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion.

Yeah that would be such a full circle moment :jonny5:

4 hours ago, orange22 said:

I didn’t realize Emma was non-binary but someone set them up because Milly is a standout :nicole: I think fans will be upset if they don’t give us more of Milly…(myself included)

They did a good job with getting actors that look alike for the roles that change though. The older Alicent seems like a serve. It’s a kii that Matt Smith stays the same though :dies:

well, it's understandable. Daemon was an adult already and they were teenagers at the time. Also, Matt Smith is Matt Smith lol

Okay so I literally just finished watching GOT so this season starting when it did was perfect for me. :jonny:

Loved the first episode. Dorne stays having the best looking men whewww

I just know that Rhaenys will be my favorite character already. Robbed queen.

giphy.webp

the backlash matt smith is getting on twitter for being ugly

when i've had a crush on him since i was 13

it wasn't supposed to be like this

https://i.imgur.com/1rafFPR.gif

8 hours ago, KnightOfAllRealms said:

Wish yall would stop the Targs and Stark wars atleast now :celestial3:Starks have canonically supported Female Targaryen queens starting from Alysanne to Rhaenyra and there's nothing saying they won't support Daenerys in the books especially when she'll ally with them for the Long night battle :cooldown: Sad to see those two fandoms fighting because of D&D's tragic writing creating forced drama. Dany stans should fight Jon snow and leave Starks alone 

f*ck the starks. Stark stans and Jon stans are unbearable. Especially Book!Jon stans. They're always trying to diminish Daenerys accomplishments as if she isn't the fire in "A Song Of Ice and Fire" as confirmed by GRRM himself. They've made it abundantly clear that both of them are integral parts of the story and saving the world (Daenerys was suppose to be the Targ Monarch on the Iron Throne during the short hour but D&D hated her so they kept Lena on past her expiry date), but having to share the spotlight is too much for them. 

OT: Great premiere and return to form, I think they're gonna use this show to not only expand the GOT universe but also retcon the crap out out of the sh*t show that we got from GOT 5-8.

15 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

the backlash matt smith is getting on twitter for being ugly

when i've had a crush on him since i was 13

it wasn't supposed to be like this

https://i.imgur.com/1rafFPR.gif

I dont think hes particularly attractive looking but his acting makes me wanna ride that D

6 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

How did you reached that conclusion, sis? :deadbanana2:

Well... You were partly right about her, tbh :rip: 

Because it’s GoT and they play it nasty so I kinda was expecting for her to sneak and kill/choke the baby or her mother just to have a free path, there were several scenes that implied like she wasn’t too happy with being a non-heiress.

Milly is amazing, just gorgeous. The other meh but Alicent is still a background character. 

I feel the scripts will flip and we’ll love Alicent when the time jump happens.

6 hours ago, CloseTheWhoHa said:

Please stop mentioning the basic starks, the public does not wanna see those flops ever again. They better make shows of other houses 

right?? we don’t need any spin-offs for them, they can have a b-plot cameo moment here and there & keep it pushing 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.