House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

13 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

Fantastic finale! 

Even though I knew what was gonna happen, the tension throughout the last 15 minutes has been insane, they did such an amazing job with that scene. I didn't mind how they interpreted Luke's death, I think it brought more dimension not only to Aemond's character but the dragons themselves as well. And the acting throughout the whole episode has been delightful. 

I am so invested in this and cannot wait for the next season. It's been a hell of a ride.

I think I enjoyed this more than any season of GOT to be honest. While there were storylines I was very captivated by, there were also many sub-plots that I simply did not care for at all. Arya in Essos was a DREAD to sit through, she remains my most hated character of the franchise to this point :rip: HOTD feel much more focused in comparison and the narrative happens consequently, every scene feels like it has a purpose and the story unfolds in a more satisfying way, at least in my opinion. 

what? why? :rip:

the only story that bored me in GoT was the high sparrow one. I don't give a sh*t about religion in general so all that part from S5 and S6 was a struggle for me. The Shame walk and when Cersei kills them all were the only good parts of that :gaycat5:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

3 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

what? why? :rip:

the only story that bored me in GoT was the high sparrow one. I don't give a sh*t about religion in general so all that part from S5 and S6 was a struggle for me. The Shame walk and when Cersei kills them all were the only good parts of that :gaycat5:

Everything about her after season 1 has just been extremely cringe to me and I found her entire sub plot to be uninteresting and very boring. Everytime her scenes came on I was waiting for them to finish so we could move on to the more important stuff. 

I didn't really care for the sparrow story either but at least that gave us moments like the walk of shame and the bombing of the sept which were incredible. Arya's been nothing but a nuisance for most of the show to me. 

1 minute ago, AxelFox said:

Everything about her after season 1 has just been extremely cringe to me and I found her entire sub plot to be uninteresting and very boring. Everytime her scenes came on I was waiting for them to finish so we could move on to the more important stuff. 

I didn't really care for the sparrow story either but at least that gave us moments like the walk of shame and the bombing of the sept which were incredible. Arya's been nothing but a nuisance for most of the show to me. 

you can't tell me you didn't root for her when she killed that Frey family. Come one now 

9 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

you can't tell me you didn't root for her when she killed that Frey family. Come one now 

That was a nice moment, you're right. I've forgotten about it. 

1 hour ago, tigalion said:

Alicent maimed Rhaenyra in retaliation and also Aemond stole a big ass dragon. What more consequences do you want? 

And Aegon publicly insinuated the entire room knew Rhaenyra's children were bastards. People acting like the Green's didn't do **** that they should have easily been beheaded for :deadbanana4: Not to mention Alicent keeps Criston around despite him being a walking liability.

Edited by Gaia

Hopefully the series gets bigger and bigger so they can improve the CGI. Obviously HBO gave them money, but not too much since it was the first season. 

I mean, look at this:

Other than that, I truly enjoyed this show. Big, bold, and exciting. A couple of problems here and there, but I'm sure they're gonna get better. Like every other series. 

Amazing finale tho. :jonnycat:

Edited by Blade Runner

6 hours ago, LP54 said:

She does look amazing with a crown on her head. :flame:

9b87f78ffb636d16617c238d79d106c323e1b33b

She does indeed. Mesmerizing. 

I missed Lord Corlys Velaryon. He was just so regal in this episode and commanded so much respect. Ugh, an icon. A legend!! :clap3:

Y’all don’t think Luke might still be alive , idk how but it might be possible :chick3:

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Baela and Rhaena next season, they seem very interesting. 

I do wish they would've had the actress for teen Laena play Baela though. She had so much charisma and such a cool vibe; she only had 3 seconds of screentime but I was mesmerized by her. She would've made for a great dragonrider. Hopefully the current actress can prove herself as well. 

223d0bd2ea52c3c0ea04b6ae5fe670f416a8fe65  

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

And Aegon publicly insinuated the entire room knew Rhaenyra's children were bastards. People acting like the Green's didn't do **** that they should have easily been beheaded for :deadbanana4: Not to mention Alicent keeps Criston around despite him being a walking liability.

I know right! 

And the fact that Alicent blamed Rhaenyra for losing her virginity while the guy who took it and also broke his vows became her ally and a murderer is misogynistic. 

45 minutes ago, Kwame said:

Y’all don’t think Luke might still be alive , idk how but it might be possible :chick3:

He is DEAD

8 minutes ago, tigalion said:

I know right! 

And the fact that Alicent blamed Rhaenyra for losing her virginity while the guy who took it and also broke his vows became her ally and a murderer is misogynistic. 

That's why I hate that ***** so much, she's such a hypocrite. No wonder many ATRLers root for her, they probably see themselves in her lmao.

57 minutes ago, Kwame said:

You can’t be serious :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, tigalion said:

I know right! 

I think the difference is Rhaeneyra was her best friend and lied to her face. Criston, who at the time had 0 relationship to Alicent, had the balls to at least tell her the truth even though death would have been a consequence. Thus, he could be trusted more than Rhaenerya in her eyes.

Rhaenerya's lie also caused her father to be ousted from his position and made her realize that her best friend could not be trusted leaving her feeling more alone in the castle. Alicent is also constantly doing the right thing and following the patriarchal code while suffering inside and constantly having consequences for doing it. She wears green with jealously cause Rhaeneyra does what the hell she wants, lies about it, and fucks whoever she wants while her father turns a blind eye. The reality was Criston could have died and would have died but Rhaenerya would have gone on with life like the man was her toy and didn't even exist. 

fc6b7ade8c5e08eecd7d09f54e50af5b23b56900

Edited by LP54

Loved the way that Rhaenerya looked on her dragon and the callbacks to the first few episodes.:heart:

efff5cb3c4b2e4242ebf6d2d742158f63060811c

Did Rhaenyra look like Margaery at some angles for anyone else this ep? Especially with her crown..

Well...in the books there are rumors that Luke survived but lost his memory completely.

There is hope :gaycat6:

5 minutes ago, Nicholai said:

Well...in the books there are rumors that Luke survived but lost his memory completely.

There is hope :gaycat6:

We will go with that, even though they were thousands of feet in the sky.

05069fbbb28a36dcbac4948b0b2c974a27a520d2

Such a fantastic finale. The fire and blood are coming in one and a half year :bam:

One thing I truly LOVED about this season is how maternal Nyra was. Always touching, kissing and caressing her kids. Constantly. It was subtle but so moving. 

Also, the dialogues were incredible. Unlike GoT's last seasons, every conversation here was rich and perfectly executed. 

"You desire not to be free, but to make a window in the wall of your prison" from Rhaenys to Alicent was especially amazing. 

Even if we had not much time with him i felt Luke's death.

Hope they develop the rest of the characters even more next season before their deaths.

Edited by Nicholai

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.