House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

How are you guys seeing the finale???

It leaked yesterday unfortunately. One of HBO's distribution partners released it by mistake and people got access to it.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Finale spoiler

ELECTRIC CHAIR for Vhagar

Book spoiler

I’m so glad that the Blacks take the throne when all is said and done. The Greens are NOT seeing Heaven.

More episode talk

I like how HOTD is showing that riders don’t really have as much control over their dragons. GoT gave a false impression that the dragons would only do what Daenerys said, but even she said that “A dragon is not a slave”. Even if Luke and Aemond weren’t trying to make their dragons fight, the dragons could still sense the hostility within their riders and acted out on their own accords. Hopefully this show will continue to explore the dragon psychology.

1 hour ago, @michael said:

More episode talk

Hide contents

I like how HOTD is showing that riders don’t really have as much control over their dragons. GoT gave a false impression that the dragons would only do what Daenerys said, but even she said that “A dragon is not a slave”. Even if Luke and Aemond weren’t trying to make their dragons fight, the dragons could still sense the hostility within their riders and acted out on their own accords. Hopefully this show will continue to explore the dragon psychology.

Dany ended up having to lock them up because they were getting out of control so I feel like GOT definitely gave the same impression

I won’t be able to recover from that death even though I prepared myself for it

Edited by EthaneFenty

Can't believe we have to wait this long for S2 :cries: They should have prepared to go into production as soon as possible. 

GOD the last few minutes had me so stressed out, even though I guess I expected that outcome from the reactions I saw on twitter :jonny5:

I'm so happy to be invested in this franchise again

Another thought about Episode 10,

This was so me during the entire scene when Rhaenyra gets crowned. This meme sent me when the Season 8 meltdowns were happening. 

i've read about some of the differences from the book and i'm not mad about any of it. george has watched and gave his blessings to all of the episodes and everything remains quite close to the source material which are not even supposed to be completely accurate... so we don't know even have a single source of truth. to even compare it to the atrocities of got especially s8 is baffling... 

I hope S2 has better pacing and gives us more time with the characters. It can't all be shock deaths and epic dragon moments. We need to be more invested with the characters and study them.

That scene with Daemon and Rhaenyra felt weird because we have not spent much time understanding the dynamic of their relationship. 

Edited by azii

26 minutes ago, azii said:

I hope S2 has better pacing and gives us more time with the characters. It can't all be shock deaths and epic dragon moments. We need to be more invested with the characters and study them. That scene with Daemon and Rhaenyra felt weird because we have not spent much time understanding the dynamic of their relationship. 

First season was thought to settle characters' behaviours throughout, so it should've been now. I wouldn't expect what you said in the next three seasons, I fear :)

Episode was mid, does NOT feel like a season finale :doc: and does not create hyped for a 2 YEARS WAIT.

Overall I enjoyed the Season :clap3:

Alicunt and the greens can ROT :fan:

Haven’t seen the episode but given the reactions no Alinnocent no acclaim!

35 minutes ago, Cersei Lannister said:

Haven’t seen the episode but given the reactions no Alinnocent no acclaim!

It is a tragedy not having Alicent in the last episode.

82ece86d79ef0fb84d90f5510771f27b8390363e

However, I did enjoy the last episode. The biggest surprise was how much I hated Daemon vs Aemond in this episode. Daemon had me pissssssed in the finale.

By the way, question (E10 spoilers):

Which dragon was Daemon with in the cave and what was he doing? It seemed like he was taming it, but you can only bond with one dragon, no?

5 minutes ago, Liafen said:

By the way, question (E10 spoilers):

Reveal hidden contents

Which dragon was Daemon with in the cave and what was he doing? It seemed like he was taming it, but you can only bond with one dragon, no?

It was Vermithor, Jahaerys’ dragon. He was singing to it saying it will find a rider soon enough. I’m not sure the purpose of the scene, but people have speculated that it’s to show how Daemon is the only Targaryen truly connected to ancient traditions from Valyria and upholding them

24 minutes ago, Witchpop said:

Hide contents

It was Vermithor, Jahaerys’ dragon. He was singing to it saying it will find a rider soon enough. I’m not sure the purpose of the scene, but people have speculated that it’s to show how Daemon is the only Targaryen truly connected to ancient traditions from Valyria and upholding them

I see, thanks! That was a very out of place scene for sure, but I enjoyed it.

Some of y'all are really playing with fire.

What a ******* great episode. Beautifully shot. Emma is a ******* LEGEND. Anyone who tries to act like she's inferior to any other actor in the show can eat it.

The only scene that left me confused is

when Daemon choked Rhae. Did he actually choke her because he didnt know about the song? It seems so out of place as they were getting along so welll before and after that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.