House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Tbh the casting had been so good up until this episode. I mean, why do Daemon and Laena's kids - who are 75% White - have the same skin tone as Laena? 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

On 9/27/2022 at 4:38 PM, Gaia said:

I know some people hate uber popular actors and actresses joining shows, but I'd die if the Elizabeth Olsen and Henry Cavill rumors were true.

Elizabeth needs to prove herself outside of marvel and I feel like a role in this would suit her well.

And Henry is just pure eye candy who actually has decent acting so I wouldn't mind him as well. 

Henry WOULD be perfect for a Targaryen if it weren’t for the fact that wearing a Targaryen wig would probably make him look too similar to his Witcher character. 

8 hours ago, katara said:

The preview for next episode. :rip:

How on earth is Alicent gonna get away with trying to stab princess & heir to the throne Rhaenyra?:lmao:

I swear if she gets away without any proper and sound explaination like Cole did then I will consider dropping this show. That's GOT season 8 level bad writing. :rip:

Viserys doesnt care he just wants them (and everyone) to get along (and no it is not bad writing , this is one of the reasons they usually refer to him as a weak ruler) so he’ll probably turn a blind eye like he did with the whole baby daddy situation. 

4 hours ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Henry WOULD be perfect for a Targaryen if it weren’t for the fact that wearing a Targaryen wig would probably make him look too similar to his Witcher character. 

Ugh that's my issue. But hey, he could make it his brand. 

IMAGINE if he was Daemon :jonny: 

11 hours ago, emailmyhearts said:

if Alicent was anything like Cersei, Rhaenyra’s kids would be dead a long time ago :toofunny3:

it doesnt have to be an exact clone sis lol

i mean she's the closest in the show,

rhaenyra is of course the dany

12 hours ago, katara said:

The preview for next episode. :rip:

How on earth is Alicent gonna get away with trying to stab princess & heir to the throne Rhaenyra?:lmao:

I swear if she gets away without any proper and sound explaination like Cole did then I will consider dropping this show. That's GOT season 8 level bad writing. :rip:

wait did such stabbing incident happen in the books?

11 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

wait did such stabbing incident happen in the books?

In fire and Blood, after Luke stabs Aemond's eye out, Alicent "demands" that Viserys have Luke's eye removed, and Rhaenyra demands that Aemond be questioned "sharply" (aka beaten) to find out where he heard that her children are bastards. This is an expansion of that scene. We get to see that Alicent "demanding" the eye be put out coincides with her deciding to enact this justice herself, screaming where is Rhaenyra’s duty and sacrifice to rectify this wrong. It's possible this event, swept under the rug by Viserys, later got recorded with euphemisms in the court records to soften the scandal from his pages of history. 

So yeah, he's just a weak king and not "s8 level bAd WrIting :eddie:". He's not gonna get her wife killed (especially considering what happened with her last one) just because she's fighting with her oldest daughter. He's tired, old and doesn't have the energy for these shenanigans. 

Edited by Blade Runner

I miss the main character so much. The new queen is horrible....i feel so disconnected to the show

2 hours ago, Anye said:

fml

To be expected ugh if the season finale ends like how it’s been speculated to, the wait for the 2nd season is gonna be absolutely agonizing :rip:

They're so, SO good. 

I'm glad HOTD stepped up with the casting. As much as I love Emilia, she was a limited actress, and Kit Harington was a mess. 

3 hours ago, Xantalli said:

To be expected ugh if the season finale ends like how it’s been speculated to, the wait for the 2nd season is gonna be absolutely agonizing :rip:

I hope it does not end with blood and cheese :chick3:

On 9/28/2022 at 12:45 PM, Triton said:

Right!? You would think they would be stepping in and making a point about the brown haired children, especially Corlys.

Alicent is right, one child, sure it happens a mistake but 3… yeah that’s a humongous insult to House Valariyon 

Laenor wasn't going to have children anyway - at least legally their descendants are going to take the throne. Not a huge spoiler by any means, but I'm going to tag it just in case

Baela and Rhaena, the daughters of Laena Velaryon and Daemon, are to be engaged to Jacaerys and Lucerys, Laenor's "sons", so their blood will inherit the iron throne anyway in their eyes

1 hour ago, Nicholai said:

the girls are speculating it’s gonna be 

Spoiler

The battle at storms end which makes sense because that marks the moment  the dance truly begins :redface:

2 hours ago, Nicholai said:

That’s a a humongous time jump in 3 episodes and we just met Helaena.

With the titles… It will end with

Spoiler

word of Viserys’ death reaching Dragonstone, Rhaenyra getting the news while pregnant and Damon crowning her with the old kings crown. 

41 minutes ago, Xantalli said:

the girls are speculating it’s gonna be 

Hide contents

The battle at storms end which makes sense because that marks the moment  the dance truly begins :redface:

I doubt it,

Spoiler

would they really show a little kid in battle. There is still teen actors casted to play older versions of kids we just met. Probably beginning of season 2. Also blood and cheese would make a great episode 9 shocker. Or move it up to episode 6 and Sunfyre getting fed is episode 9. 

The latest time jump pissed me off a little bit :alexz2:we’re missing so much stuff?

Harwin & Laena didn’t get enough screen time and Alicent’s personality change was sooo drastic compared to the younger version 

what the **** they better not premiere season 2 in ******* 2024

season 1 took almost a year (april 21-jan 22) to shoot and 7 months for post production so don't expect S2 for 2023.

4 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

season 1 took almost a year (april 21-jan 22) to shoot and 7 months for post production so don't expect S2 for 2023.

so this show will be every other year and not yearly? 

A pity if season 2 doesn't come out until 2024, but with the inevitable war, there'll be more battle scenes and dragon scenes etc. so it'll most likely take more time to shoot and edit in post-production :gaycat6: 

if only they continue production on that Stark show so we can get it in 2023 in-between gaps :( 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.