House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

These first five episodes were basically the prologue. Showing us everyone’s history and the lead up to the big Dance.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

it's weird because it doesn't feel like a closure for Milly's Rhaenyra. It feels like there is more of Rhaenyra youth

4 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

it's weird because it doesn't feel like a closure for Milly's Rhaenyra. It feels like there is more of Rhaenyra youth

It would have felt more natural for young rhaenyra and alicent to last the entire season, but I understand why. They had no idea if HOTD would retain GOT fans after the flack of GOT ending. With the budget it got and the uncertainty, they planned it with the ability to axe it after one season if it didn't capture audiences.

25 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I think everyone understands the reasons, it still just doesn't really make sense to have everyone change characters at different times while also Daemon stays the same. There is no point in making a character change if her new actress isn't older looking. It's pointless. 

They should have chosen someone who actually looked 10-15 years older. It's bad casting but I can get over it.

It also just feels tone deaf that the actresses have to be recasted for the sake of accuracy but Matt Smith being a bigger name means it doesn’t matter for him. Like, congrats on always looking 50?

2 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

It also just feels tone deaf that the actresses have to be recasted for the sake of accuracy but Matt Smith being a bigger name means it doesn’t matter for him. Like, congrats on always looking 50?

:deadbanana4:

10 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It would have felt more natural for young rhaenyra and alicent to last the entire season, but I understand why. They had no idea if HOTD would retain GOT fans after the flack of GOT ending. With the budget it got and the uncertainty, they planned it with the ability to axe it after one season if it didn't capture audiences.

they probably want to us to feel the jump in time. I understand it will be 10 years.

2 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

they probably want to us to feel the jump in time. I understand it will be 10 years.

That’s crazy tho because this episode didn’t end with any indication that we’re on for a big time jump. It ended like we’d be picking right back up. A rushed ending to this prologue arc imo.

i didn't expect Laenor to be gay. When they started talking about the taste in food with Rhaenyra as a double meaning i was like WHAT?! HE IS ONE OF US?! :chick1: 

It was a good episode until the rushed ending. The intrigue and politics got very interesting, especially after the last two episodes.

Alicent kinda that *****, not even gonna lie:hippo: 

I like how poetic and solemn it was. 
it was very fluid and differently paced than other episodes.

love the gays also.

discard my previous post,

spacer.png

I found a link…. 

it was so good :gaycatney2:

Edited by ProfessorNinja

11 minutes ago, Xantalli said:

Emma & Olivia already annihilating  ugh so f*ckin sickening :clap3::clap3:

I was really sad, at first to say goodbye, but I’m ready for this time jump. I feel like Emma and O are really going to do well.

this show is crack cocaine. 

Another great episode! Grown up Alicent and Rhaenyra are about to eat in these roles! I see potential Emmy nominations.

It's only the beginning from here. Things are about to pop off! 

Dang wish we got the same cast for the whole season but wondering how the rest of the season goes.

I’m glad it’s the time jump lol I know I’m just being impatient but I’m ready for some gags. I honestly feel like I’d give every ep so far an 8/10, all great but nothing has FLOORED me yet 

24 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Not Ser Christian being a homophobe 

!

Not me being here for the secret gay lovers storyline only for it to be extinguished that ******* quickly :deadbanana2: 

The gay's sister looks the same age as Alicent and Rhaenyra, wasn't she like 8 the other episode? You're telling me that a 12 yo is craving that uncle Daemon's d too? :deadbanana4:

Targaryen women & their ***** be having these men acting up. 

harwin my man!! :gaycat:

i also can't hate daemon, i'm sorry, he's so fun. this ep made me roll my eyes at ser crispin and alicent. she should have left him d*e and then get herself a sidepiece.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.