House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 2: 'Rhaenyra the Cruel' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Is anybody else still holding onto hope that this show somehow resurrects Daenerys?

I know it's probably impossible but I'm still hoping that this series has a scene like:

one of the characters, specifically Rhaenyra, being the one to discover that "The Prince That Was Promised" is actually referring to a Princess. She keeps it to herself as she's just content knowing it was about a female Targaryen all along. 

If this was the finale, it would flash forward years and years into the future where a dragon arrives to Asshai, and along with him, the body of a dead Targaryen princess. We see a couple of magical men and women come out to see who it is and once they do, they look at each other knowingly as if they know what they have to do next.

*black screen*

Daenerys will return

I haven't read the books so please don't come for me if this sounds absurd. I'm just fantasizing :jonnycat:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

2 hours ago, Venom said:

Is anybody else still holding onto hope that this show somehow resurrects Daenerys?

I know it's probably impossible but I'm still hoping that this series has a scene like:

Reveal hidden contents

one of the characters, specifically Rhaenyra, being the one to discover that "The Prince That Was Promised" is actually referring to a Princess. She keeps it to herself as she's just content knowing it was about a female Targaryen all along. 

If this was the finale, it would flash forward years and years into the future where a dragon arrives to Asshai, and along with him, the body of a dead Targaryen princess. We see a couple of magical men and women come out to see who it is and once they do, they look at each other knowingly as if they know what they have to do next.

*black screen*

Daenerys will return

I haven't read the books so please don't come for me if this sounds absurd. I'm just fantasizing :jonnycat:

i don't think so. I think they are trying to leave the prophecy vague enough so they can link it with the original ending and probably an alternate ending once GRRM finishes the book. BUT i think that Jon Snow show is probably going to fit into it too and try to fix that.

I only see Emilia Clark coming back with this character for an animated adaptation of Winds of Winter and A dream of Spring because she said she's done with Daenerys. 

Edited by Drowned8World

56 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

i don't think so. I think they are trying to leave the prophecy vague enough so they can link it with the original ending and probably an alternate ending once GRRM finishes the book. BUT i think that Jon Snow show is probably going to fit into it too and try to fix that.

I only see Emilia Clark coming back with this character for an animated adaptation of Winds of Winter and A dream of Spring because she said she's done with Daenerys. 

Fair enough.

I didn’t know Emilia Clarke said that about Daenerys though. Ouch. :weeps:

But understandable.

2 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:
  Hide contents

I am curious as to how explicit they will be with laenor's sexuality. They haven't made any hints yet right? 

Hide contents

I think Joffrey Lonmouth, Laenor's lover, was present in the third episode but they didn't hint anything among them. He will appear in the wedding, tho :biblio:

On 9/11/2022 at 2:06 PM, Lil Mxnster said:

Prepare yourself for the ninth episode of each season, sis :jonnycat:

On 9/11/2022 at 5:58 PM, Drowned8World said:

that is the episode that REALLY got me into the series. The first season is all talk and talk with some shocking moments. The action starts with Blackwater and it gets crazier with each season:jonny:

just watched "The Rains of Castamere" :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator

I really liked last week's episode (just got around to watching it)!

Made me love Rhaenyra even more :jamming:

HBO’s House of the Dragon didn’t make Nielsen’s streaming rankings for the week of Aug. 15-21 — but only because it was available for just a few hours before the weekly tally ended.

According to Nielsen, the Game of Thrones prequel racked up 327 million minutes of viewing time on HBO Max in the few hours after its 9 p.m. ET premiere on Aug. 21. The streaming rankings measure viewing from Monday to Sunday, but even with that short a window, House of the Dragon nearly cracked the top 10 for the entire week: The No. 10 acquired series for Aug. 15-21 was the Canadian drama Heartland at 422 million minutes of viewing time.

(In future charts, House of the Dragon will be part of the acquired series rankings since Nielsen counts the show’s airing on the HBO cable channel as its first run.)

The series premiere has a 65-minute running time, which translates to an average of about 5.03 million viewers — more than twice as many as watched the show’s initial airing on the linear channel and half of the nearly 10 million viewers HBO claimed for the show’s opening night (it also had several on-air replays).

Game of Thrones also improved week to week in the lead-up to House of the Dragon, rising by 30 percent 559 million minutes of watch time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/house-of-the-dragon-streaming-rankings-aug-15-21-2022-1235221779/

:clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Hector said:

HBO’s House of the Dragon didn’t make Nielsen’s streaming rankings for the week of Aug. 15-21 — but only because it was available for just a few hours before the weekly tally ended.

According to Nielsen, the Game of Thrones prequel racked up 327 million minutes of viewing time on HBO Max in the few hours after its 9 p.m. ET premiere on Aug. 21. The streaming rankings measure viewing from Monday to Sunday, but even with that short a window, House of the Dragon nearly cracked the top 10 for the entire week: The No. 10 acquired series for Aug. 15-21 was the Canadian drama Heartland at 422 million minutes of viewing time.

(In future charts, House of the Dragon will be part of the acquired series rankings since Nielsen counts the show’s airing on the HBO cable channel as its first run.)

The series premiere has a 65-minute running time, which translates to an average of about 5.03 million viewers — more than twice as many as watched the show’s initial airing on the linear channel and half of the nearly 10 million viewers HBO claimed for the show’s opening night (it also had several on-air replays).

Game of Thrones also improved week to week in the lead-up to House of the Dragon, rising by 30 percent 559 million minutes of watch time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/house-of-the-dragon-streaming-rankings-aug-15-21-2022-1235221779/

:clap3: 

Wild. A true hit right out the gate and still growing :clap3:

8 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

Oh boy. You are probably still recovering from that episode :jonny6:

16 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

You're not a sweet summer child anymore :chick3:

45 minutes ago, Terylee said:

I can't at Viserys, someone give him something to ease the stress :dies:

10 minutes ago, mystery said:

I can't at Viserys, someone give him something to ease the stress :dies:

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

New promotional video on Snapchat showing some things that are to come in the season. 

Viserys serving Baldwin IV from Kingdom of Heaven with the mask, I wonder how far the rot has spread. Our first glimpse at young Aegon II as well.

2 hours ago, mystery said:

New promotional video on Snapchat showing some things that are to come in the season. 

Hide contents

Viserys serving Baldwin IV from Kingdom of Heaven with the mask, I wonder how far the rot has spread. Our first glimpse at young Aegon II as well.

What dragon is this?

4 minutes ago, Terylee said:

What dragon is this?

The one at the start is Caraxes, there is another promo with Vhagar as well I think.

Just now, mystery said:

The one at the start is Caraxes, there is another promo with Vhagar as well I think.

Caraxes, really? I thought it looks like Drogon's/Seasmokes's breed at first. But now that you say it. The tail really looks like Caraxas.

4 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

What the f*** is wrong with Viserys' face? :rip:

Black and Green kids are arriving... :duca:

I think it was a half face mask to cover whatever that illness is doing to his skin and flesh

finally caught up on all the episodes and the last one was definitely the best :jonnycat:

i don't understand the "it's too slow" complaints at all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.