House of the Dragon | Season 2 | Episode 1: 'A Son for A Son' | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

1 hour ago, Zerocoke said:

No not really. Particularly since the book has unreliable narrators and there are several versions of what happened for every event. ALSO this episode is the ONLY one in the entire season co-written by GRRM himself so c'mon

he didn't. He only has credits as "creator" and "story by". The last episode has a woman as the screenwriter.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Aemond Targaryen looks like Ashlee Simpson. Also, I want to cut off his hideous lips. That's all.

2 hours ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Nothing you can say will justify that heinous act that Rhaenys committed without appropriate setup and payoff. And that’s fine. Just own it. It was entertaining and dazzling, but it was illogical and bizarre. Just like most of the major setpieces from seasons 6-8 of Game of Thrones. As much as people wanna praise episodes like Battle of the Bastards and The Winds of Winter (somewhat justified), they were filled with weird nonsense that made no sense whatsoever. I could say the same for this episode - it’s worthy of praise, but that last scene was comically bad. The grasping at straws to justify why it logistically makes sense (it’s the famed DRAGONPIT of King’s Landing - you’re not telling me that’s the entire setup), why it makes sense in character terms (Rhaenys was so distressed that she had to kill innocent bystanders to escape, but didn’t kill those who are responsible for the distress ?because we need story, not logic), or why it makes sense in terms of the story (this would never happen in such an absurd way in the books, which is why it didn’t) is never going to work on anyone who chooses to watch this episode with a critical eye. In terms of entertainment, whatever yas slay we stan. Enjoy!

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is sique. 

No one is upset, boo boo. I’m not saying that it’s devastating and sad that those people were murdered - I simply said it was “bad” and didn’t make any sense in the context of the story, character, or logistics. I critiqued it for not making sense. If you had read my comment before replying, perhaps you would have been able to ascertain that within seconds, unless…never mind, actually.

And that’s fresh of you to speak on dissertations when my initial post that you first replied to was ONE sentence of me saying, “Yeah, that last scene was weird and illogical, and most of the major setpieces from this show so far have been weird and illogical.” Then, you initiated the longer responses. And here, you have the gall to post something like this, then call someone out on dissertations? Are you even hearing yourself? :toofunny2: Given your confusion over something as fresh as 24 hours, I fear that this won’t be a productive conversation. Best of luck to you! :)

spacer.png

Ah, you're just one of those insufferable book readers who thinks you'd be better at telling GRRM's story than he is... as he's involved in the show's writing.

And no, me posting spaced apart sentences isn't the same as you posting multiple full on brick paragraphs :deadbanana2:

Continue being insufferable though! Love that for you.

Edited by Gaia

2 hours ago, FlyPirate said:

Are the changes really significant for the plot of the Dance? Or is it book purists overreacting? be real

Why are they insufferable for every franchise istg. 

If a character has silver hair instead of white like a book describes then there will be OUTRAGE by book purists!

It's comical :lmao: 

Is the finale really co-written by George?  I've seen multiple people say that now, but Wikipedia says it was just written by Ryan Condal.

As for the changes, as a book reader, I don't see an issue.  It doesn't change the overall plot at all.  

29 minutes ago, Miles. said:

Is the finale really co-written by George?  I've seen multiple people say that now, but Wikipedia says it was just written by Ryan Condal.

As for the changes, as a book reader, I don't see an issue.  It doesn't change the overall plot at all.  

I'm confused too, but I guess we will have to wait to know that in the inside the episode

3 hours ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Finished  My favourite scene was Harry's trying to catch the Golden Snitch, fighting against the dementors, in the middle of a storm. Also, the last scene with "There's no District 12" line, I felt that :clap3:

lmao, spot on :dies:

Wait….

Spoiler

Is it true Aemond doenst even kill Luke like he is supposed to from the book? 

or did I read wrong 

6 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Wait….

Hide contents

Is it true Aemond doenst even kill Luke like he is supposed to from the book? 

or did I read wrong 

Luc dies the same way in the show and in the book. In the book it is told that Aemond did it on purpose. The show makes him seem horrified and that he lost control of Vhagar (she acted on her own accord)

That's the "change" people are discussing because in the book written by Maestors who weren't even in the sky with them, it was "on purpose" but in the show it seems like a tragic "accident" that Aemond tried to stop but Vhagar didn't listen. Just like Luc trying to stop Arrax from shooting fire at Vhagar but Arrax didn't listen either

7 hours ago, mystery said:

I simply can't wait for the official soundtrack to drop. The best element of this whole season is Ramin's score.

preeeach sis' it's honestly the thing I've been waiting the most all season

8B1v.gif 

I'm in the minority 'cause I really liked the ep, even after having read tons of negative reviews, which thankfully didn't influence my enjoyment.

Emma ATE and left no crumbs. Rhaenyra looked like a goddess all episode, even when she was suffering. I swear to ward the Queen :falcon:

Accident or not, I will not recover easily from Luke and Arrax's death. They finally gave Luke some scenes of him being an adorable and harmless kid only to make me suffer 15 mins later. And Arrax was so small and beautiful :sosad: prettiest dragon on the show. That other hag wishes.

Caraxes was only shown for 2 secs but he is a legend :heart2:

It was so good :jonny5:

5 hours ago, M André said:

I'm confused too, but I guess we will have to wait to know that in the inside the episode

5 hours ago, Miles. said:

he's not. He just has credits because it's his story so it says "Story by/created by". The finale is written by a female screenwriter i can't remember the name. In fact, he didn't even see the episode as far as we know. They only sent him the first 9. 

Edited by Drowned8World

11 hours ago, mystery said:

I simply can't wait for the official soundtrack to drop. The best element of this whole season is Ramin's score.

which one are your favorites so far? for me it's The Prince that was Promised (masterpiece) and Fate of the Kingdoms. In fact, that TPTWP version they put on EP2 could have been a great theme for HotD.

23 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

which one are your favorites so far? for me it's The Prince that was Promised (masterpiece) and Fate of the Kingdoms. In fact, that TPTWP version they put on EP2 could have been a great theme for HotD.

Ugh I wish it was the main theme for the show as well, it is the most reoccurring one, all the variations of it are my favourites. Rhaenyra's theme with the female vocal is also gorgeous. It will be interesting to see how the themes evolve as the show goes on the show!

29 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

he's not. He just has credits because it's his story so it says "Story by/created by". The finale is written by a female screenwriter i can't remember the name. In fact, he didn't even see the episode as far as we know. They only sent him the first 9. 

He has seen all ten actually! Episode 10 was written by Ryan Condal. 

From George's notablog:
"I’ve seen all ten episodes now (albeit in rough cuts), and I love what I’ve seen.   Ryan and Miguel and their amazing cast and crew have done some magnificent work.   Hot D is all I hoped it would be; dark, powerful, visceral, disturbing, stunning to look at, peopled with complex and very human characters brought to life by some truly amazing actors"

7 hours ago, Sharamee6 said:

Aemond Targaryen looks like Ashlee Simpson. Also, I want to cut off his hideous lips. That's all.

To me he is giving Sarah Jessica Parker..:giraffe:

I don't mind the changes I just hate that the war is happening because of misunderstandings. It undermines everything. 

Edited by azii

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.