House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Final Trailer Out | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

god that was next level of iconicccccc

PEAK TV. Paddy Considine was phenomenal. i cried.

the ENTRANCES are the tea this season serving *****.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

The set up to the civil war is so good, you just know **** is about to hit the fan :WAP:

i'm so lost with like 10 new characters popping up or aging every episode :rip: i'm definitely gonna have to rewatch this second half with a guide in hand

21 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

i'm so lost with like 10 new characters popping up or aging every episode :rip: i'm definitely gonna have to rewatch this second half with a guide in hand

This was the last time jump and actor swap so it will be a bit easier to follow.

I really hope they don't make the prophecy the reason for Alicent's actions on the next episode, because that'd be such a cheap cop-out :rip:

They had 8 hours and like 15 in-show years to properly build up her motives, so if these few words are what ultimately trigger her, it'd be so disappointing :gaycat6:

And damn, dragons must be really expensive to bring to screen. The way there was no dragon scene this episode, and from next episode's teaser, it looks like it'll stay this way. Would it have killed them to feature one quick scene of like Jace and/or Luce flying to King's Landing on their dragons?

The way it doesn't even feel like this is the peak era of dragons in Westeros sometimes... :gaycat6:

Also not a fan of how the show is clearly portraying the Green as the "villains" and the Blacks as the morally right "heroes".

I really hoped and expected the show to take a more nuanced and "grey" approach to both sides, especially after GRRM's comments about how it'd portray the "story of grey characters".

It wasn't by favorite episode so far, but other than these few complaints, the acting, production and costume design continue to deliver hard whew :clap3: 

this is Peak GOT :WAP:

This show just keep getting better episode after episode :jonny:

Emotional and TENSE like Peak GOT.. D*mn, i got emotional everytime Viserys is on the screen :chick3:

Daemon becoming a family man and once again showed how he loved his brother despite their quarrels :chick3:

Jace, Luke, Rhaena and Baela.. d*mn fine casting, i love them as couples :WAP:

Jace is fvckin HOT :WAP:

Aemond is scary as ****. a literal Daemon 2.0 but darker.. perfect casting

Vaemond really thought he could get away doing that.. 

boy was in a suicide mission

I forgot how annoying GOT fans were, those normies thinking Viserys is talking about Jon Snow STFU :skeleton:

Edited by M André

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

I really hope they don't make the prophecy the reason for Alicent's actions on the next episode, because that'd be such a cheap cop-out :rip:

They had 8 hours and like 15 in-show years to properly build up her motives, so if these few words are what ultimately trigger her, it'd be so disappointing :gaycat6:

And damn, dragons must be really expensive to bring to screen. The way there was no dragon scene this episode, and from next episode's teaser, it looks like it'll stay this way. Would it have killed them to feature one quick scene of like Jace and/or Luce flying to King's Landing on their dragons?

The way it doesn't even feel like this is the peak era of dragons in Westeros sometimes... :gaycat6:

Also not a fan of how the show is clearly portraying the Green as the "villains" and the Blacks as the morally right "heroes".

I really hoped and expected the show to take a more nuanced and "grey" approach to both sides, especially after GRRM's comments about how it'd portray the "story of grey characters".

It wasn't by favorite episode so far, but other than these few complaints, the acting, production and costume design continue to deliver hard whew :clap3: 

The dragons must be expensive, imagine this show the RoP budget :WAP: a dream 

36 minutes ago, M André said:

I forgot how annoying GOT fans were, those normies thinking Viserys is talking about Jon Snow STFU :skeleton:

Who thinks he’s talking about Jon Snow? Everyone was talking about the prophecy which most agree is about Jon Snow, obviously Viserys can’t be talking about someone that doesn’t even exist yet

WAIT..

Otto Actor played Luna's father?? :deadbanana4: he's so good that his character is very different from Lovegood :deadbanana4:

9 hours ago, ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚ said:

:laugh: well at least they have one viewer guaranteed 

Really? Starks are very popular especially with the GP, maybe even more than the Targaryen, since Dany was hated until the final season and that was to spite D&D. Targaryan have a richer story but this show is not doing it justice.

Edited by Blue Rose

OMG Paddy!!! He really brought his A-game. The saddest part for me is during the dinner scene when the music starts playing. Viserys is watching all his loved ones who are pretending to like each other (besides maybe Healena). Knowing that it might be the last time he is seeing them. :sosad:

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

Really? Starks are very popular especially with the GP, maybe even more than the Targaryen, since Dany was hated until the final season and that was to spite D&D. Targaryan have a richer story but this show is not doing it justice. So it wouldn’t be that different.

The thing is House Targaryen is the only one with written history, there are some little tales about the other houses, but it's not that long to make it a full series, unless George releases another book ala fire and blood

2 minutes ago, M André said:

The thing is House Targaryen is the only one with written history, there are some little tales about the other houses, but it's not that long to make it a full series, unless George releases another book ala fire and blood

Yes I know. But with excellent writers, they can expand on any story.

4 minutes ago, Terylee said:

OMG Paddy!!! He really brought his A-game. The saddest part for me is during the dinner scene when the music starts playing. Viserys is watching all his loved ones who are pretending to like each other (besides maybe Healena). Knowing that it might be the last time he is seeing them. :sosad:

Oh and the music during that scene. Ramin is a God. The kinda happy music when Viserys wants the music to play. Then he is watching his family and it gets more tragic/dramatic/sad and after they carry him out it speeds up and gets happier again. :falcon:

I wonder if he really thought that the whole family likes each other again so that he can go in peace. :sosad:

Viserys making his entrance into the throne room, with what was left of his health to save his daughter one last time made me cry:weeps:

4 hours ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

If this is what happened then it’s stupid and frustrating. It can potentially have big consequences on the plot and it was caused by a confused dying man :monkey:

It is a parallel to Game of Thrones. Like Bran said: "Robert's rebellion was build on a lie." Robert wasn't confused or dying obviously but it was a misunderstanding with huge consequences.

Let's not forget how Alicent made Helaena's life miserable by making Helaena Aegon's wife because she can't have her be married to Jace :dies:

Book readers hated how the showrunners made Alicent and Rhaenyra's characters grey.. but I'm loving it

Apparently, Alicent and Otto started a war even without the knowledge of prophecy while Rhaenyra wasnt so innocent herself like taking the Vaemond matters in her own hand and fed him to her dragon or smthn

Edited by Cryptique

I think we are bound to see Daeron at one point or another because the title sequence shows 4 streams of blood coming off Alicent.

I don't think the final scene of the episode is meant to be Alicent's only motivation. I think her conditioned, decade-long ambition gets the best of her, and she hears what she wants to hear. You can't repair all of that in one evening/dinner. Plus, we don't know what Otto will whisper into her ear next episode. I wouldn't be surprised if she's aggrieved while talking to Otto, and he will force her hand a little bit. She already has one foot out the door anyway, so he might give her the little shove she needs to turn.

Furthermore, the dinner scene proved that this won't be the "only reason" the feud reignites. The adults have "made their peace," but as soon as the king left, the kids continued to hold their grudges and began fighting. That was specifically meant to telegraph that this conflict is inevitable at this point, and nothing could have stopped it. Even if certain events didn't come to pass, what is coming will happen regardless. The kids have been conditioned and trained their entire lives to view themselves as rivals and like their claims are the only legitimate claim. Even if Alicent, Otto, Rhaenyra, Daemon, Criston, etc. would all drop dead in an instant, the kids would carry on the legitimacy and succession conflict.

Also, I'm perfectly fine with no dragons in this episode. The episode didn't need it? Or even warrant it? CGI is expensive, and there's already been a couple of visuals from this season that have been a tad questionable. They need to be wise about saving the dragon action for when it's needed. This episode was about the characters and their weaving relationships to each other, with the king being highlighted. Adding a dragon to this episode would have brought literally NOTHING to the table.

17 minutes ago, Terylee said:

It is a parallel to Game of Thrones. Like Bran said: "Robert's rebellion was build on a lie." Robert wasn't confused or dying obviously but it was a misunderstanding with huge consequences.

But that was a plot hole, Robert's Rebellion started when Aerys demanded the head of Ned and Robert to Jon Arryn, after killing Ned's brother and father. Robert knowing Lyanna went with Rhaegar on her own changes nothing.

10 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

Book readers hated how they showrunners made Alicent and Rhaenyra's characters grey.. but I'm loving it

I don't get what you mean by this, the characters are grey in the books :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.