Hey, forget about your Monday morning!

Cutthroat

WE ARE NEVER GONNA BE THAT BORING!

The way this absolute bop could have been a WW SMASH if it was used as the first single. :WAP:

Bionic really was and still is that girl. 

This song is ADDICTIVE . Same with bobblehead

i never see appreciation for either

Just now, May said:

I think Monday Morning is an album highlight tbh. It would have made a stronger single choice than Not Myself Tonight. Who knows how different the Bionic era could have been if this was the lead.

That album had so much wasted potential. It’s definitely one of her strongest bodies of work. 

MM is amazing Bionic Xtina my favorite Xtina. :jonny4:

Don’t agree with it being the lead, it’s the only song like it on the album, but a single, yes.

The only way the bionic era could have suffered more is if this was the lead single :rip:

Bionic IS her best it was the first time she tried to do something truly original.

What we learned from its flop is people prefer writing camp demos. :gaycat4:

19 minutes ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

The only way the bionic era could have suffered more is if this was the lead single :rip:

This would have performed better than NMT as it sounds completely different to anything that was out during that time. It would have made her stand out more. Monday Morning is similar to the sound artists like Dua Lipa recently brought back into the mainstream, so who knows what it could have done for Xtina all those years ago.

A timeless classic me thinks.  :alexz:

Edited by Cutthroat

cardiac arrest :katie2: 
It’s a culture shock

it's a great song, but not single material

Could've been an indie pop classic

You can hear the Le Tigre influence in there but yeah, not a single material but at least the likes of P4K would've eaten that up.

I just love how Xtina really STUDY her craft before putting an album together hence why I don't mind the long gaps in between.

Oh, original Bionic... had such high hopes. 

2GZn.gif

5 hours ago, May said:

YES :jonny3: Bobblehead predicted PC Music

3 hours ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

You can hear the Le Tigre influence in there but yeah, not a single material but at least the likes of P4K would've eaten that up.

I just love how Xtina really STUDY her craft before putting an album together hence why I don't mind the long gaps in between.

Oh, original Bionic... had such high hopes. 

2GZn.gif

Wasn’t ‘Birds of Prey’ the sound she wanted for the entire album before the label got involved? It’s a shame when labels don’t let artists do what they want. Especially established artists like Christina. 

18 hours ago, Cutthroat said:

Wasn’t ‘Birds of Prey’ the sound she wanted for the entire album before the label got involved? It’s a shame when labels don’t let artists do what they want. Especially established artists like Christina. 

It was. She was done with the recording of Bionic by 2009 and then after Burlesque she recorded some more new songs that ended up in the final version (i.e, Not Myself Tonight). Most of the songs she did with Ladytron (Birds of Prey) were scrapped as well as the ones with Le Tigre and Goldfrapp, they're all dream-pop/electronica artists.

Should've been on the standard album, tbh. Good song.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.